The Student Room Group

MH17 flight down in Ukraine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Monsieur Gamma
It's as clear as crystal.

So variably clear :wink:
So still finger pointing and nothing definitively providing a link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28363169

Pro-Russian separatists are to blame. The video someone leaked before is valid.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Has anybody even proven that the Russians are helping the pro Russian separatists yet, or is everybody still just finger pointing?

No, armed men in Crimea were locals that kept Aks and rocket launchers in their basement.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The Russian state has just killed 9 of our citizens and over 80 children from around the world, as well as scores of leading academics.

I'm not sure how we should react to this, but I'm quite certain that Europe shouldn't be trading with Russia any more. We shouldn't be accommodating their tax exiles in luxury in London and we shouldn't be encouraging them with international sporting events and other signs of respectability.

They have become a rogue and terrorist state and should be treated as such.

Fair point but I'd honestly love to see what you and the rest of the population would do without their gas and other such luxuries that you've all gotten so used to over that past couple of years if your plan is realised.
Trading with America isn't very likely and too risky not to mention expensive and you've gotten rid of all of your colonies to deprive them of anymore of their resources so I really don't know what other choice Europe has left.
The Russian state has just killed 9 of our citizens and over 80 children from around the world, as well as scores of leading academics.

I'm not sure how we should react to this, but I'm quite certain that Europe shouldn't be trading with Russia any more. We shouldn't be accommodating their tax exiles in luxury in London and we shouldn't be encouraging them with international sporting events and other signs of respectability.

Well done, you have just stalled economic recovery.
So variably clear :wink:
So still finger pointing and nothing definitively providing a link.

It was pro-Russian separatists http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28363169

This image has been verified.
Original post by DorianGrayism
No, armed men in Crimea were locals that kept Aks and rocket launchers in their basement.

Russia isn't the only supply of weapons in the world?
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
It was pro-Russian separatists http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28363169

This image has been verified.

I was meaning of Russian involvement, that video has been around for quite a while now and it was improbable it was anybody but the separatists. I should think western analysis will claim they knew it was a passenger plane rather than believing it was a legitimate military target.
Russia isn't the only supply of weapons in the world?

Well, they must have got it from their Syrian and Arab friends then instead of getting from the base next door.

One has to ask how much of the Russian position is down to the Russian citizen or simply the autocracy of Putin and a few of his top cronies?

Which is why the west is tactically targeting his close buddies/oligarchs to perhaps precipitate public unrest, which if it ratchets up, may cause an internal power struggle to oust him from government.

Let's face it, the Russian media do it all the time with western leaders whenever they get the chance. Take a look at the propaganda spouted on RT against Obama/capitalism/NHS/taxation/poverty/social benefits/immigration/moral collapse etc. all day everyday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 450

I've already understood that you hate Russians. But is there any proof for blaming Russia in this tragic event? I mean real proof, not just polemic speech.
Well, they must have got it from their Syrian and Arab friends then instead of getting from the base next door.

So, does Russia also provide weapons to its own criminals too?
, . I should think western analysis will claim they knew it was a passenger plane rather than believing it was a legitimate military target.

Why would they claim that since it is almost impossible?
Why would the pro-Russians do it if they are already despised by most of the world? Its illogical.
Its also relatively easy determine a fighter plane from a civilian one.
(edited 9 years ago)

No. The Russian state has not killed British citizens: the Pro-Russian separatists are the ones who killed the British (and countless other nationals) citizens. It is true that the separatists are being partially funded by the Russian state but the Kremlin did not give the direct order to down a civilian plane, thus, all blame should be placed with the separatists. Russia is doing nothing the United States didn't do in Afghanistan during its war with the USSR but, it doesn't make what they did excusable. Russia holds almost all the political cards due to the EU's reliance on Russian fossil fuels so until we can find an alternate source we can't instigate devastating sanctions.
Original post by AlexKay99
Why would the pro-Russians do it if they are already despised by most of the world? Its illogical.

Because it was a mistake
I was meaning of Russian involvement, that video has been around for quite a while now and it was improbable it was anybody but the separatists. I should think western analysis will claim they knew it was a passenger plane rather than believing it was a legitimate military target.

Well it seems pretty clear in the video they didn't think it was passenger.

pro-Russians have been backed my Moscow for as long as I can remember.
Why would they claim that since it is almost impossible?

It's far from impossible, and you forget "they're terrorists", clearly they give zero ****s about civilians.
Original post by AlexKay99

They mistook it for a military aircraft. It's almost certain that the guys operating the missile launcher had no idea how to tell the difference between radio signals due to a lack of training.
So, does Russia also provide weapons to its own criminals too?

AK-47s were handed to criminally inclined arabs over the decades ... so yes.

Quick Reply

Latest