The Student Room Group

Why do people ask about the age of your partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MylittlePlusle
I just wanted to know why people ask the age of people#s partners.

Its just out of curiosity. When you talk about your partner to anyone to give them a picture of what they're like you mention their age or the person you're talking to will ask their age. Its the same with most friends or family members you talk about that other people don't know personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wanted to know why people ask the age of people#s partners.

To make sure they aren't dating anyone underage?

If I've got suspicions that a girl I'm about to date is underaged, I think I have the right to ask her her age, and so does everybody else.
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Because it's usually interesting and it's hardly an offensive question, I don't think they expect you to say you're in a relationship with an underage girl

Ps kissing is very sexual

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not 'very' sexual, but it is sexual contact, yes.
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
It's not 'very' sexual, but it is sexual contact, yes.

It is if you do it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is if you do it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you can't exactly put Kissing on par with anal, can you.
Well you can't exactly put Kissing on par with anal, can you.

Depends where you're kissing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Depends where you're kissing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kissing, written on its own, is on the lips.
Because it's usually interesting and it's hardly an offensive question, I don't think they expect you to say you're in a relationship with an underage girl

Ps kissing is very sexual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Saralouise95
Its just out of curiosity. When you talk about your partner to anyone to give them a picture of what they're like you mention their age or the person you're talking to will ask their age. Its the same with most friends or family members you talk about that other people don't know personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To make sure they aren't dating anyone underage?

If I've got suspicions that a girl I'm about to date is underaged, I think I have the right to ask her her age, and so does everybody else.

Kissing isn't sexual at all...

I don't see anything wrong with my relationship to be honest, I've found the one person that ticks all of my boxes. We're happy together, that's all that matters.

I don't think the age of the partner has anything to do with people.

I don't see anything wrong with my relationship to be honest, I've found the one person that ticks all of my boxes. We're happy together, that's all that matters.

Are you trolling, or actually being serious? :troll:

She is under aged ! therefore you are committing a crime.

Kissing is sexual, get over it and read a book.

You never accept anyone elses views or even listen to them so I'm not sure you even post these threads :rolleyes:. You literally just repeat yourself in every post, not acknowledging the suggestion that somebody else has offered to your question. I understand you don't have to accept other people's opinions, but when you're asking for them you might as well acknowledge them at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
This escalated into pedophilia really quickly.

Yeh, that's why I make out with my friends all the time.

I'm not a sex offender... .-.

Whether you intend to or not, you're grooming an underage girl.
Are you trolling, or actually being serious? :troll:

She is under aged ! therefore you are committing a crime.

Kissing is sexual, get over it and read a book.

Original post by PythianLegume
Yeh, that's why I make out with my friends all the time.

Whether you intend to or not, you're grooming an underage girl.

I am serious.

We're in love, I don't see what's wrong with our relationship.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong to be honest. No one's getting hurt.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kkboyk
This escalated into pedophilia really quickly.

Pedophilla is the sexual attraction to prepubescent children, there is none of that in this thread.
We're in love, I don't see what's wrong with our relationship.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong to be honest. No one's getting hurt.

OMG you must be a troll ...... This is what's wrong with it. She, at 15, has no idea what love is, and you no RIGHT to be getting emotionally/physically involved with someone under the age of consent. End it wit her before thsi gets nasty.
That hasn't got anything to do with this.

Are you? That's illegal. Reporting you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG you must be a troll ...... This is what's wrong with it. She, at 15, has no idea what love is, and you no RIGHT to be getting emotionally/physically involved with someone under the age of consent. End it wit her before thsi gets nasty.

Um, we're in a long distanse relationship...

I'm not a troll. It's not wrong, she makes me happy, I make her happy, if we're happy it has nothing to do with anyone. We're determined to marry each other. If I end it we'll be depressed and heartbroken, we'll also be forever alone. We've made our lives better.

As I said on my thread before. I don't see why adults can tell others that they don't know what love is.
Um, we're in a long distanse relationship...

I'm not a troll. It's not wrong, she makes me happy, I make her happy, if we're happy it has nothing to do with anyone. We're determined to marry each other. If I end it we'll be depressed and heartbroken, we'll also be forever alone. We've made our lives better.

As I said on my thread before. I don't see why adults can tell others that they don't know what love is.

Because adults do know what love is (?!)

You're an idiot, you know that?

You deserve the **** you're going to get when you get caught ... have a nice time in jail.
Didn't you say in your other thread about finally having a girlfriend that you two have never actually met yet?

If so I presume you two are thinking of meeting up and you want to know how far you go on your first meeting.
I don't quite know why people ask about the age of your partner, it has nothing to do with them.

jealous usually

trying to shame you, make you doubt it, ridicule you,make you insecure about a relationship, embarrass you

maybe it also threatens their world view

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending