The Student Room Group

Is 50 cent the best rapper ever

what do you guys think.

To everyone
here's why I said 50 is one of the greatest ever

jay z- way too overrated. He was rubbish at the time 50 was at his peak. As 50 said why did he take a mini retirement.
Ice cube- amazing but I don’t think he’s better
dr dre- used to be amazing but he knew about the money in producing so went for that, respect
ja rule- made a few hits
big l - had the potential to be one of the best ever
big pun- naa
method man- good but naa
raekwon-x
prodigy-x
André 3000-x
eazy e- just find him annoying tbh. I know he’s good but its just my opinion
The game good but defo not better than 50
Lil Wayne--ugggghhhh. one of the worst lyrically and the way he sounds. altough made SOME good songs like lollipop etc.

yh yh yh--everyone can say krs one, rakim and lots of older rappers but how often can you personally listen to them.

now to the ones I do consider the greatest ever

biggie- great but personally I only like some songs.
Tupac- one of my all time fav's.damn this guy was amazing.
Nas- amazing rapper and storyteller
dmx- also brilliant.
Snoop dogg- love his albums
Ice Cube- real good

Eminem- one of the best right now. (he did try to copy nas at first ). Right now if u break it down he is superior to any rapper in every way.

Immortal technique--my fav when it come to real 5h!t. Him and lowkey are too real. Because there true and do not follow mainstream they’ll never make it right to the top (debate this another time)

drake, French Montana and meek mill are also good but I personally can never put any rapper after 2007 in my top 10. Hate to say it but I also do like rick Ross.

50 is the best at dissing since some of the older rappers. One of the best gangster rappers because he literally finished careers. Made clubs go mad. Stayed true to himself (about 95 %). Rick Ross only has a rap career as nobody cares about realness no more.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have u been smoking weed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
well, no
I would venture yes.

He has pretty much the defining song of the 2000s, an incredible album to back that up, and inevitably gets you hyped when he comes on, be it on the radio, in the car, or in the club. When 50 Cent comes on it's all arms, shoulder shrugs and sly hip movements.

He is the greatest rapper of all time, followed closely by Wiz Khalifa and Drake.
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub ... :teehee:

But no he's far from the best rapper (are you high?)
Lol.

Cool username btw.
Original post by Terry McDermott

He is the greatest rapper of all time, followed closely by Wiz Khalifa and Drake.

[video removed]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
[video removed]

Wiz Khalifa has the most diverse range of topics of any musician in human history, except Chief Sosa. And Drake is the embodiment of the old school of rap - NWA are proud to have him as their successor.
(edited 9 years ago)
lots of people are saying no for no reason. i mean i no u can say big daddy kane, nas, jayz etc. but tbh 50 has so many hits that u neva get bored. i mean if u think nas is the best ever but u cant name ur top 10 songs quickly that u can listen all the time over and over again.

who do you guys think is the best.

i absolutely love rap and have listened to nearly all the rappers.

Your Top 5 Rappers Ever??????
You go.

-faced with sound argument
-disagree
-offer no argument in rebuttal

strong everything

i agree that greg jackson hasnt given a sound argument but i also do not think wiz and drizzy deserve 2nd /3 rd places. jadakiss, (officer)ricky , nas ,jay z, tupac , tony yayo(yes i think hes good) and B.I.G all are more talented rappers*

* rick ross has a good flow

ofcourse these are just opinions and dont get me wrong drake is damn good
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Patiently Waiting is a SICK track. But Fifty sucks. My favourite rappers are Eminem, 2Pac, Swifty McVay, Game and Mos Def. It sounds like a cliche list, but they're my favourite. I've listened to so many rappers, I lost count years ago. Huge fan of rap, it's hard to name a best rapper after Eminem. No one can argue that Eminem is objectively the best rapper of all time, by FAR. That's a fact. As much as I like to listen to other rappers (in fact I don't listen to Eminem that much)...I have to give it to him, he's the undisputed number 1 rapper of all time. I'm not an Eminem fanboy. I hated his latest album except for a few tracks. I can talk about rap for days.
Original post by Stinkum
Patiently Waiting is a SICK track. But Fifty sucks. My favourite rappers are Eminem, 2Pac, Swifty McVay, Game and Mos Def. It sounds like a cliche list, but they're my favourite. I've listened to so many rappers, I lost count years ago. Huge fan of rap, it's hard to name a best rapper after Eminem. No one can argue that Eminem is objectively the best rapper of all time, by FAR. That's a fact. As much as I like to listen to other rappers (in fact I don't listen to Eminem that much)...I have to give it to him, he's the undisputed number 1 rapper of all time. I'm not an Eminem fanboy. I hated his latest album except for a few tracks. I can talk about rap for days.

most good rappers like 50 and game have both said that em is the best .

:confused::confused:why u no like 50:eek:
Based on his first two discs before he got shot and get rich or die trying which was after he got shot he could have had a claim to be the best ever but it all went downhill from there
Reply 13

Isn't he just.. Omg :sexface: 10/10 :sexface:
Original post by Stinkum

Erm no nas is best rapper of all time. Eminem was copyin nas and easy e's flow and thats why he incorporates that sound. I dont know why everyone puts em on a pedestal, hes defo top 10 but he dont make my top 5

To OP 50 is not greatest rapper of all time...but from ,2002-2006 imo he was one of the best, if not the best, around (actively).

And personally he is my most favourite rapper.
Reply 15
50 cent is most certainly not the best rapper around and definitely not the best in history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Stinkum

Agree with Eminem and 2Pac, but I honestly haven't come across the other ones. Another one I like is hoody Allen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
...why 50 cent? why not dr dre? why not wu tang? why not biggie? why not jay z? I don't understand what qualities 50 cent has that the others don't
Reply 18
Wiz Khalifa has the most diverse range of topics of any musician in human history, except Chief Sosa. And Drake is the embodiment of the old school of rap - NWA are proud to have him as their successor.

Uhhhuh you know what it iss..
Hahah Wiz's laught doe :lol: is just amazing.
Original post by Andy98
Agree with Eminem and 2Pac, but I honestly haven't come across the other ones. Another one I like is hoody Allen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

agree but dude game (The Game) did you listen to rap in mid 2000's

Quick Reply

Latest