The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
lol

? Awful attacking, average defensively what's so funny? He doesn't suit our system at all
Original post by Kruz
I'm from Birmingham *waves hands*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swear you go to Birmingham Uni?

I do. UoB though, not no BCU ting. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1162
Original post by baconbutty
? Awful attacking, average defensively what's so funny? He doesn't suit our system at all

Actually I'd say he's been quite solid for us the last season. Has lots of areas to improve on but I think he will and he's only 24.
Original post by C.Almasy
Golden shirt, golden team.

Should've been disallowed
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
I do. UoB though, not no BCU ting. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right fair enough lol. I live in Northfield so I'm not far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1165
Original post by manchesterunited15
Should've been disallowed

lol
An interesting interview with Cruyff with regards to his view on using two defensive central midfielders. Also, his view on the use of wing backs in the build up of attacks.

Original post by AR_95
Actually I'd say he's been quite solid for us the last season. Has lots of areas to improve on but I think he will and he's only 24.

That's our problem we're always waiting on players to improve
Original post by AR_95
lol

He pushed him and pulled his shirt
Original post by baconbutty
Gibbs isn't good enough would like to see him replaced

So today it's Gibbs eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
I'm not. I'm from London, Camden to be exact...just over a mile away from The Emirates.

I'm currently in Edgbaston though, uni accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I too live in London. Edgware/Mill Hill to be exact, it's near Camden. Not too far from The Emirates as well. Swear you go Birmingham? Awesome :cool:

Original post by Kruz
I'm from Birmingham *waves hands*

I'm from London. I could never stand the brummie accent anyways lol :h:

Anyways anyone know when Diaby should be returning?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1171
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ahh, I too live in London. Edgware/Mill Hill to be exact, it's near Camden. Not too far from The Emirates as well. Swear you go Birmingham? Awesome :cool:

I'm from London. I could never stand the brummie accent anyways lol :h:

Anyways anyone know when Diaby should be returning?

lol diaby already returned..
Reply 1172
So who's our next realistic signing that we're heavily linked to? First it was Sanchez, then he signed. Then Debuchy, he signed...
Original post by Lee95
So who's our next realistic signing that we're heavily linked to? First it was Sanchez, then he signed. Then Debuchy, he signed...

Khedira seemed a done deal in the media but apparently it's all bogus.
Diaby>Khedira
Original post by SarcasticMel
Khedira seemed a done deal in the media but apparently it's all bogus.

It off apparently, his wage demand is quite high and I don't think Wenger would break his wage structure especially for a DM.

Original post by Zürich
Diaby>Khedira

lol, I hope you are joking . He has played around 20 games in the past 3 seasons for Arsenal.
Agree **** Khedira. Diaby > Khedira. I don't think Wenger was ever in for him anyway. Just specualtion.

Would rather Podolski eff off rather than Cazorla. Cazorla technically superior, footballing brain, banging weak foot, his work rate is actually better as well contrary to what people have been saying about him on here etc. etc.
Anyone taken delivery of their emirates cup tickets?
Reply 1178
Original post by Zürich
No, we've spent around £40m and taken £12m for Vela, got an unexpected £5m windfall from Barca for Cesc, sold Djourou to HSV for £3m, and also cleared loads from the wage bill trough Djourou, Fabianski, Sagna, Bendtner etc.

So I make it a £20m net spend when we had cash reserves of roughly £150m at last count(probably closer to £170m these days given FA Cup prize money and natural accumulation since last count etc). And this was just savings, we also have the regular revenue streams that most clubs spend every year that we just dont typically. Including the £50m additional from Puma/Emirates which is just starting to come in every year and new TV deal money which every PL club receives.

In other words, the spending so far is potentially the tip of the iceberg. Which is not to say Wenger will continue signing £30m+ players this window, but he definitely can. I would estimate that Wenger could drop another £130m easily before even having to look nervously at the ATM balance. If we really fancied it, another £150m in not out of the question at all.

What will AW actually do? Probably what you've said. Another big name player for £35m-£45m, either at CM or ST, a young promising CB from Ligue 1, and a GK for £5m or so or even on loan again.

forgot about some of those player...

tbf, i had no clue on what happened on the vela situation (I'm assuming what you said is what happened then). (same with fabregas' situation...i know barca still owed us money)
Djourou? I swear we sold him like last year or something??

the wage bill we cleared out will already be used on the new signings.

the extra revenue we get (kit, emirates, etc etc) we never ever spend it.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind AW doing exactly that, then if we needed someone in jan, he could get them (alas he will not though!).
but i personally would still keep a healthy balance at the end, so that in the coming year, god forbid, if an influx of players leave, we can build on, without panicking that we only have under £50 mil to spend!

Btw...i read somewhere that ospina was looking very close, but not heard anything anywhere else?
any updates?
Djourou was on loan with a clause that if he plays a certain number of games last season HSV had to buy him.

Latest