The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Commuter students?

Hi there i will be a commuter student coming to the uni in september and just wanted to find out if there are any others similar to me? I was originally going to stay in halls but because of costs ec i have decided to travel . Would be great to here from people in the same position:smile:
I live just outside St Andrews, so more of a commute than those who can go from bed to a lecture in five minutes! How far away will you be?

I think that there's some sort of society for students who commute. There might even be a special building for them, but I might just be making that up!

I got a locker in the library, which made it so much easier, not having to carry heavy books in each day.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by LifeOfDreams
I live just outside St Andrews, so more of a commute than those who can go from bed to a lecture in five minutes! How far away will you be?

I think that there's some sort of society for students who commute. There might even be a special building for them, but I might just be making that up!

I got a locker in the library, which made it so much easier, not having to carry heavy books in each day.

Hey:smile: im about an hour away! There is a society called the towsend and they have a common room for commuter students! How did u find making friends with not being in halls? Also did you go to any freshers events eyc,
That's it! I knew I wasn't making it up! As you can guess, I didn't join that society... I was doing my MLitt last year, so a slightly different situation to you. I also had a couple of friends who were beginning the same course, so that made the meeting people thing a little easier. What do you plan to do for Freshers week?

Original post by Pcm1734
Hey:smile: im about an hour away! There is a society called the towsend and they have a common room for commuter students! How did u find making friends with not being in halls? Also did you go to any freshers events eyc,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending