The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.

Scroll to see replies

Well I feel better if I've made a bit of an effort - done my makeup and so on. Not done up to the nines or anything but not just "tumble-out-of-bed-and-throw-on-nearest-outfit" style either.

Though sometimes on the morning school run I am in tumble out of bed mode!
Reply 2
Naa m8 i cba.
I put a fair amount of effort into my skin care regime and braiding/looking after my hair. I usually look like I've been sleeping rough despite this.

I co-wash my hair and let it dry naturally. That's my hair done. I just clip my fringe to the top or the side or leave all my hair on the side when I go out. Simples. It's really curly so no styling is needed because it already looks like I spent ages styling it. :h:

My face is one tone and completely clear of spots and scars and things so no makeup is needed. I wear glasses and am completely blind without them so eyeliner can't be worn unless I'm wearing contacts. Contacts take too long to wear so I rarely wear them -- I only wear them when I feel like making the effort or when I have too much time to get ready.

My lips and eyebrows and the only things I'm bothered with. I shade my eyebrows and wear lip gloss/lipstick/tinted lip balm. What I wear on my lips depends on the weather and my hair. E.g. lipgloss can't be worn if my hair is our and it's windy outside. Simples. :borat:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah same. I can't leave the house without wearing lippie and filling my brows :tongue:

Original post by Vixen47

I co-wash my hair and let it dry naturally. That's my hair done. I just clip my fringe to the top or the side or leave all my hair on the side when I go out. Simples. It's really curly so no styling is needed because it already looks like I spent ages styling it. :h:

My face is one tone and completely clear of spots and scars and things so no makeup is needed. I wear glasses and am completely blind without them so eyeliner can't be worn unless I'm wearing contacts. Contacts take too long to wear so I rarely wear them -- I only wear them when I feel like making the effort or when I have too much time to get ready.

My lips and eyebrows and the only things I'm bothered with. I shade my eyebrows and wear lip gloss/lipstick/tinted lip balm. What I wear on my lips depends on the weather and my hair. E.g. lipgloss can't be worn if my hair is our and it's windy outside. Simples. :borat:
Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out
Reply 7
Original post by Dinaa
Naa m8 i cba.

:sexface:
Reply 8
With me it's ether i look like I'm going to somewhere special with all designer bags shoes and such or I look like I'm a poor homeless person with basic primark tops :/

I don't see why I can't be average oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Secretnerd123

Depends, if it's just to pop out then nah but meeting friends or having a day out then
Foundation and mascara for surrrre
I brush my hair and teeth and make sure I don't smell. That's about as much as I do before going for nothing special like town, going to my mum's etc.
Now, yes. But around exam time I didn't wear much make up at all. Mostly, filled brows.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out

Woahhh let your skin breathe girl! :shock:
Woahhh let your skin breathe girl! :shock:

Skin doesn't actually breathe it's a myth :smile: pores don't use oxygen, they don't "open " and close either.
Skin doesn't actually breathe it's a myth :smile: pores don't use oxygen, they don't "open " and close either.

Why bother with makeup if you're just lounging around at home?
Why bother with makeup if you're just lounging around at home?

Because I like the way it looks, and I wear it for me.
Because I like the way it looks, and I wear it for me.

Fair enough :biggrin:
I do make an effort. I definitely don't like looking rough. I usually take about half an hour to get ready regardless of where I'm going though. So it's equal effort for a day in the park or a night out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't do it every day, usually only when I have the time and feel in the right mood for it. But when I do it I like to do it, yes.

Everyyyy time. I have to go out looking my best otherwise I feel a little under confident. Boys always seem to mistake it as being for them when really we just need that boost sometimes :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest