The Student Room Group

I feel lonely tonight.

Nothing has happened in particular. I just have a niggling sense of emptiness and loneliness. Anyone else ever feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sometimes, yes.
I've had this feeling since I was 8 years old. Music helps.
Reply 3
Original post by iamintorture
Nothing has happened in particular. I just have a niggling sense of emptiness and loneliness. Anyone else ever feel the same?

Yes, quite a lot of the time.

It's okay - try to think positively :hugs:
All the time.
Original post by Leftee
Sometimes, yes.

Original post by Vixen47
I've had this feeling since I was 8 years old. Music helps.

Original post by Neuth
Yes, quite a lot of the time.

It's okay - try to think positively :hugs:

Original post by SmallTownGirl
All the time.

Is this because you are without company or are you lonely even in the company of others? I can't figure out what my issue is. I live alone so maybe it's that but I don't know.
Rarely :L

Tell me where you are and we can be lonely together.
just make friends and talk to them
Original post by officiallycool14
Tell me where you are and we can be lonely together.
<-Is DTF

potential for lezzing it up, do it
Original post by Pussy Galore
<-Is DTF

What???
What???

DTF- down to ****

Very rarely.. Probably because I'm surrounded by people. You said you live alone, maybe that's why? Watch a movie, read a book, talk to someone people on here etc
Is this because you are without company or are you lonely even in the company of others? I can't figure out what my issue is. I live alone so maybe it's that but I don't know.

I could be around a thousand other people and still that crushing emptiness consumes me. The emptiness leads to loneliness and then the loneliness turns to despair and then I have to be on my own until I think I might be okay around others. That's the only way I know how to cope with it. And music. When I can't escape people music helps to calm me down a little.

I don't know why it happens to me. It's just the way my mind works. I'm a borderline personality sufferer. This is something I've dealt with for over 10 years so it's like second nature to me, although I still don't know how to handle it.
Reply 14

I feel the same when I'm around people, but not as bad.
Then again, I have issues, so... :erm:
Original post by Sophsha
DTF- down to ****

What does DTF mean
What does DTF mean

:rolleyes:
Original post by Sophsha
:rolleyes:

Is that what it means?
Reply 18
I feel like I have no friends but my boyfriend and 2 people who live miles away... feel lonely sometimes like
Original post by Pussy Galore
<-Is DTF

What do you mean??

Quick Reply

Latest