The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StayCee089
Everyyyy time. I have to go out looking my best otherwise I feel a little under confident. Boys always seem to mistake it as being for them when really we just need that boost sometimes :biggrin:

I think that more and more guys are starting to think like that as well. If they go out looking like a tramp then they will get funny looks. Some of the guys I know spend a bit more time on their appearance. A few years ago I didn't care what I looked like, now I'm using a clarisonic face brush, expensive hair product and fancy pants moisturiser. Gives me a boost!
Original post by Michael!
I think that more and more guys are starting to think like that as well. If they go out looking like a tramp then they will get funny looks. Some of the guys I know spend a bit more time on their appearance. A few years ago I didn't care what I looked like, now I'm using a clarisonic face brush, expensive hair product and fancy pants moisturiser. Gives me a boost!

I've definitely seen a rise in boys caring more about their appearances! A lot more quiff hair is appearing :wink:.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Because I like the way it looks, and I wear it for me.

Does make-up get spoiled by sweating?

Not that I would ever dare impinge upon my supreme gentlemanliness by using any.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've definitely seen a rise in boys caring more about their appearances! A lot more quiff hair is appearing :wink:.

Quiffs are sooo in at the moment haha.

I'm not gay but I do wonder sometimes :frown:
Quiffs are sooo in at the moment haha.

I'm not gay but I do wonder sometimes :frown:

Nothing wrong with being feminine :wink: best guys are the ones that will sit and paint your nails for you! :3
Nothing wrong with being feminine :wink: best guys are the ones that will sit and paint your nails for you! :3

I'm absolutely rubbish at painting nails. I get bored after about a minute and end up smearing it on their face, maybe that's why I can't find a steady girlfriend :confused:
Reply 26
I mostly spend the most time if I spend a lot on my hurrr. It's a lot going on there :yep: Once I get my pompadour & clothes perf, I cba with makeup, plus I don't need it really.
I'm absolutely rubbish at painting nails. I get bored after about a minute and end up smearing it on their face, maybe that's why I can't find a steady girlfriend :confused:

If you did that I'd do it back and we could race to see who can get it off first o-o may take a while hmm...
I don't bother wearing make up through the day, I'd rather have longer in bed. I do look after my skin and hair though. When I wear make up for a night out I find it a chore putting it on and taking it off!
Original post by Secretnerd123
..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.

No I've given up.
Reply 30

Idk if you're jk though it was funny but I've had men massage my hands randomly, do my nails and then while applying a coat gaze up at me seductively, and then randomly lick my hands (o.O) Idk what the fascination with hands is & if some men or men in general enjoy pampering a girl and her nails but it does nothing for my personal titillation, tbh =|
Everyyyy time. I have to go out looking my best otherwise I feel a little under confident. Boys always seem to mistake it as being for them when really we just need that boost sometimes :biggrin:

Ahhh yes we're basically the same in that aspect! *high5*

I hate leaving the house not looking my best. My sister always calls me vain when she sees me putting make up on to go food shopping but it's not really about vanity, I just feel so much better when I know I look good :wink:
If you did that I'd do it back and we could race to see who can get it off first o-o may take a while hmm...

Naaaaah. I'm 6'4". You wouldn't reach so I'd win. Unlucky.
Reply 33
..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.

Yes, every day! Although I wish that I was one of those people who could just roll out of bed and walk out of the house without a care in the world.
Naaaaah. I'm 6'4". You wouldn't reach so I'd win. Unlucky.

Awh man. I'd literally look a dwarf next to you.. I am a mere 4'11. DONT LAUGH YO. Thats pretty tall though ;o

You use the clarisonic? Women rave about thay stuff! Is it worth the hype?

Original post by StrangeBanana

Not that I would ever dare impinge upon my supreme gentlemanliness by using any.

#lad :rofl:

Original post by officiallycool14
No I've given up.

Whys that?
Reply 36

I almost agreed but why do you need the boost? To feel confident in yourself, yes. But confident to do what? Hold yourself properly, I suppose? But then for what? To attract a mate. It always deduces to being attractive. Which is fine, attraction increases sex increases population. :smile: We all groom for attraction subconsciously but there are people who exist and who have spoken right in this very thread who consciously do their makeup to impress or attract or feel bad without it. I see how you are differentiating yourself from that type of girl, and that's where I agree, I am the same. But it typically boils down to being confident to be found decent or attractive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Awh man. I'd literally look a dwarf next to you.. I am a mere 4'11. DONT LAUGH YO. Thats pretty tall though ;o

:O 4'11.
Yes, although I don't wear makeup so the majority of the effort goes into my clothes and ensuring that how I dress represents what kind of person I am/ want to portray.
You use the clarisonic? Women rave about thay stuff! Is it worth the hype?

#lad :rofl:

Whys that?

Why?
Every time you want to go out you have to start gettin ready 20mims earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest