The Student Room Group

Weight loss surgery for obesity

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karmacrunch
The problem is that this method of weight loss is lazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The NHS is there to help poeple live as long as possible. If treatment exists that helps morbidly obese people lose weight then i don't see the problem with it.

Should smokers not get any kind of treatment due to their life style choice?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The NHS is there to help poeple live as long as possible. If treatment exists that helps morbidly obese people lose weight then i don't see the problem with it.

Should smokers not get any kind of treatment due to their life style choice?

The "morbidly obese" shouldn't put themselves in that situation in the first place (unless it is some big circumstance or illness they have etc.)

Today it is not difficult for people to go out walking, running or do some other activity to stay fit. The vast majority have education and a choice of food so there isn't a reason for people to be ridiculously overweight.
Those funds could go to curing or helping others with maybe more pressing issues.

No I don't really think they should, they have done that to themselves.

I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh but that's what I think. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The "morbidly obese" shouldn't put themselves in that situation in the first place (unless it is some big circumstance or illness they have etc.)

But neither should a smoker or alcoholic?
(edited 9 years ago)
But neither should a smoker or alcoholic.

That's what I said? I think in the other one, or at least I said that with smokers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .JJ
Free chicken, protein powder and gym memberships for us skinny guys please.

Loooool. That's nice thinking, but being skinny doesn't usually kill in the same way that obesity does. (Unless you're actually, seriously malnourished.)
Mcdonalds should price its products in accordance to the customers weight. That will solve the problem.
That's what I said? I think in the other one, or at least I said that with smokers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to clarify that was supposed to be a question, not a statement :tongue:

I missed the question mark.

Just to point out...

Smokers pay loads in tax and take less back in terms of pensions etc. They may well be less of a burden in terms of cost than non smokers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just to clarify that was supposed to be a question, not a statement :tongue:

I missed the question mark.

Ah kk. Looking at that sentence, it doesn't make too much of a difference with either. :smile:

I'm going to stop 'arguing' now, too tired and I've just finished school for now! :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
ahh i can't be arsed to exercise, i'll just wait until i'm fat enough for free surgery
This is just silly. Start at the root of the problem. What they need is a lifestyle change, not surgery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone who is overweight likely has an unhealthy relationship with food. Surgery will not challenge this problem, and it will mean that for the rest of their life they will not be able to eat normally. This in itself is an unhealthy relationship with food in my opinion. It does not address any underlying problems. You also hear of people that gain weight even after the surgery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surgery doesn't fix a fatties mentality
Original post by bertstare
Surgery doesn't fix a fatties mentality

Neither does referring to them as fatties. It's unpleasant and unnecessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending