The Student Room Group

Not Shaving armpits?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pirateprincess

:colone: Blue? Really? That's hilarious. I guess it also depends on the armpit/state of hair/impression of cleanliness/etc.

Basically, this. If she has good hygiene, it doesn't matter. I mean, I trim my armpit hair before it can start braiding itself, and I don't see why a girl with armpit hair wouldn't keep the same level of maintenance. I imagine it's uncomfortable when it gets too long for girls too (pulling on shirts and so on).
I understand what women are trying to prove with the no shaving, but it is definitely gross, its not really something you want to see when a woman lifts her arms up!
I think its revolting when women don't shave their pits and i'm a female myself so don't hve a go at me>.<
Reply 103
Meh... If a woman wants body hair, then just accept that she has body hair. The world would be a much better place if people didn't judge other people for their preferences.

And there's nothing unhygienic about not shaving, it's actually more hygienic to let your body do it's natural thing - that's why I try not to shave during the winter months, when I'm covered up and nobody can see.
Reply 104
Original post by the_lost_boy
I don't think that how other people keep their pit-hair is any concern of mine and (barring my girlfriend) I don't think the state of my pit-hair is any concern of anyone else's. That being said, if she started growing small trees under her arms it would take a little getting used to, but I could deal with it because I am an adult and I don't believe that pit-hair carries cooties. As long as she isn't stinking up the car, I'm fine with it.

Point is, it will.
:lol:
Men who do are masculine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
disgusting, i would drop my wife off to the jungle if she didn't shave.
#TeamNatural

lol joke i shave down there obv but i live my armpit hair for some reason... makes me feel more of a man.
Original post by maryamzahid
same with 'free-bleeding'.

Original post by xloisx
it's actually more hygienic to let your body do it's natural thing

Would you support a pro-smegma movement?

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tnetennba
Nope, that's way too naive. Applying makeup is something women do to appear more attractive. Bald armpits are no way near a symbol of attractiveness for women - they are the norm. Ever since manufacturers decided to push razors onto women to increase profit, women have been shamed by way of advertisements (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCHLXQffsg) into feeling "dirty" "vulgar" and "unhygienic" by leaving their body hair in its natural state.

This is not a case of attractiveness, it's a case of being made to feel like a freak for choosing not to buy into it.

Increasingly common for men though innit.

When I was 14/15 shaving my armpits was a cause of much derision in school changing rooms, I talk to age group swimmers now and it's barely mentioned. You also see quite a lot of guys down the gym who shave, doesn't look great having a full Kings of Leon affair if you're wearing a tank.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Tabris

Would you support a pro-smegma movement?

Haha, no I wouldn't support it, but I wouldn't actively speak against it either. Just let people live how they want to live jeez.
Original post by xloisx
Haha, no I wouldn't support it, but I wouldn't actively speak against it either. Just let people live how they want to live jeez.

I should have made things a little bit more clear. Just because your body naturally does it, it does not necessarily make it more hygienic. Smegma is very much a case of this. People are free to do what they want with their own bodies, but it shouldn't be touted as being something it isn't. It would be wrong for somebody to promote smegma as being hygienic.
Reply 113
Original post by Tabris
I should have made things a little bit more clear. Just because your body naturally does it, it does not necessarily make it more hygienic. Smegma is very much a case of this. People are free to do what they want with their own bodies, but it shouldn't be touted as being something it isn't. It would be wrong for somebody to promote smegma as being hygienic.

Yeah it would be wrong to promote it to the public because it could be the cause of infection and all that stuff. But if they personally feel as though leaving it to build up down there without cleaning is a good thing for them, then whatever.
Original post by EatAndRevise
Probably about

Citations plz.
People can do what they want I really don't care, doesn't affect my life but, my opinion of lots of armpit hair on a woman is that it just looks kinda chewbacca-esque and it doesn't look nice. :emog: I dunno why you wouldn't just shave it off it literally takes about 10 seconds though, each to their own. People who don't shave it obviously feel better about them self and the fact they're making a point so whatever. :colondollar:
Original post by kumon
Point is, it will.

I don't stink up the car when I wear antiperspirant. I highly doubt that she would if she was wearing it.

Either way, it's not my job to police her body. She's a grown-ass-woman.
Reply 117
Original post by the_lost_boy
I don't stink up the car when I wear antiperspirant. I highly doubt that she would if she was wearing it.

Either way, it's not my job to police her body. She's a grown-ass-woman.

Roll on you idiot, of course it's your job to advise your partner, you're in it together.
I think people should make some effort in terms of appearance for the sake of other people. If you plan on showing people your armpits, then give em a shave for the sake of everyone else. Just as I'm not going to fart in a crowded lift or go to class smelling like a dirty **** or start wearing tops like

I don't particularly like shaving my face, but I doubt anyone wants to see my weak ass ginger bum fluff coming out of my face (which is even more distracting as I'm not ginger) or hair coming out of my ears when I talk to them.

Yes, people have the right to do what they want with their bodies, but it doesn't necessarily mean they should- a little consideration and a bit of decorum goes a long way, and people should be considerate of others. I have the right to eat food that stinks like week old smegma on the bus, but I'm not going to avoid inconveniencing other passengers.

If you have a condition that means you can't help it (or if no one notices, like if you don't shave your armpits but wear t-shirts all the time) then fair play, but if you are willingly in public then I reserve the right to call you minging.
Original post by kumon
Roll on you idiot, of course it's your job to advise your partner, you're in it together.

I don't want her choosing my wardrobe for me or telling me exactly how long I can have my beard: I shouldn't be policing her grooming choices either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending