The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123

Seriously stop derailing my thread.

Apologies. I shall stop.
Original post by itsRochana
I actually own no make up lol. If i need it for special occasions i use my sisters or my mum's. But yh i do put effort into my appearance through my clothes,and hair sometimes when i can be bothered to sort out the curly mess

Ayy team natural 👏👏
How you doing not quite African sister?
Reply 82
Original post by DeclanCochran
Dunno man, that's a dodgy argument. Some women just like the confidence it gives them, without paying much attention to the attractiveness/sex thing necessarily. My girlfriend likes dressing nice and all that purely because it makes her happy. I see it. We could be going to a goddamn film where she'll be sat in the dark for two hours, but it makes her happy, perhaps more outgoing. I don't think it's a sex thing.

Women just plain like looking nice. Always have, always will. Doesn't mean they're on a perpetual hunt for a man. And tbh, I find it quite an endearing quality, and try to catch up in my own effeminate, metrosexual way.

I never said it was for sex. I only mentioned sex because people want to be found attractive subconsciously because it is their natural duty to have it and procreate. I detoured from that to get to my main point that whether ppl realise it or not they want to be found attractive because they know they won't be made fun of so easily if at all, and thus they feel more confident. I also mentioned that there are people who literally do it to feel nice/happy/feel bad without it. I never said for sex.
Not really, actually haven't work a single bit of makeup in about two weeks and love it!
Normally I'll just wear eyeliner, concealer and Vaseline. Although iI've started to fill in my eyebrows, hate how they're so thin and sparse
Don't get the wrong idea though, I'm not a tramp. I just get told I look better without makeup lol. I do make an effort on occasions though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Dinaa
I'm Afghan :smile:
I don't look it though. I've been asked if i was adopted many times lmao :lol:

You actually do look it. Your complexion is pale but your features are screamingly Middle Eastern.
Reply 85
I thought you were white lmao.

Haha i get that a bit. People think i'm like spanish/portuguese/albanian/Iranian etc :biggrin:
..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.

I don't make an effort for going out. I will for special occasions but I don't like it.
Reply 87
Original post by ApeMob
You actually do look it. Your complexion is pale but your features are screamingly Middle Eastern.

Afghans are usually dark skinned. They want to be pale, so they put foundation (that is like 6x lighter than their own shade) on. :P Afghans eh? haha
Reply 88
Original post by Dinaa
Afghans are usually dark skinned. They want to be pale, so they put foundation (that is like 6x lighter than their own shade) on. :P Afghans eh? haha

Well I don't think it's funny that people desperately want to be pale but whatever.
Original post by ApeMob

What exactly are 'middle eastern features' ?
Reply 90
Original post by ApeMob
Well I don't think it's funny that people desperately want to be pale but whatever.

They think it is style. I don't agree with it because it looks terrible but its like 'some' pale people wanting to be darker so they tan. But yeah watever :smile:
Reply 91
What exactly are 'middle eastern features' ?

You can look at someone and tell they're black. You can look at someone and tell they're Asian. You can look at someone and tell they're Arab. If you're good you can tell the difference between an Arab and an Indian, a Korean and a Japanese and an Indonesian. That's what I mean. I can look at people and tell what Caribbean Island they are from, etc.
Original post by Dinaa

Omg I have a guy mate who's afghan (so hot) he looks white tho with brown hair and blue eyes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Ayy team natural 👏👏
How you doing not quite African sister?

Why do you black Africans always do this to me :tongue:
I'm fine thanks. You know,my message inbox doesn't bite :biggrin:
Original post by ApeMob
You can look at someone and tell they're black. You can look at someone and tell they're Asian. You can look at someone and tell they're Arab. If you're good you can tell the difference between an Arab and an Indian, a Korean and a Japanese and an Indonesian. That's what I mean. I can look at people and tell what Caribbean Island they are from, etc.

But i'm somali and have been told i look arab many times :/

Sometimes people look like a different ethnicity/nationality. I get told I look Pakistani/mixed/Italian/Iranian/Turkish. I'm Irish, Spanish and English :lol:
Reply 96
Original post by Trustno1
Omg I have a guy mate who's afghan (so hot) he looks white tho with brown hair and blue eyes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely mixed in his ancestry. She's right that most are darker like many Indians and Arabs.
Reply 97
Original post by Trustno1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afghan eyes though.. So buff :P
You gtta set me up brah :lol:

Spoiler

Reply 98

Arabs are as diverse as Latin Americans, due to colonialism and modern integration. So you will get a Greek looking Arab, a black looking Arab, an Indian looking Arab and then what is deemed today's typical Arab like a Kardashian or something. Of course there is an exception to every rule but in general you can look at someone and tell their race or ethnicity if that concerns you. And the girl who is Afghani has the eyes, the lips, and facial structure of many Middle Easterners despite her shade. I also don't know what people mean by looking white however, as so many people false claim being it.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Sometimes people look like a different ethnicity/nationality. I get told I look Pakistani/mixed/Italian/Iranian/Turkish. I'm Irish, Spanish and English :lol:

Pakistani?? lolwot O.o
You can deffo pass for iranian/turkish though :biggrin:

Can you speak spanish?

Quick Reply

Latest