The Student Room Group

I'm an Afghan living in London, ASK ME ANYTHING!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Kabulkid
i can speak more pashto than dari but my pashto is pretty bad so yeah....
yeah im fully kabuli, you? and yeah both my parents are kabuli.
yeah engineering is alright, not where the money is though.. but who cares about money haha :smile:

u can never eat too much during ramadhan!

Salamuna Jori bekhaiyri? Dilta rasha! Sangayi? Ze pakhto napoyishum :P

Yup fully Kabuli and yeah man money isn't that important. People these days dying for it and doing extremely nasty stuff to get it. Like weddings too.. Why spend so much ? Why do ya even need a wedding? Why not just get the paper work done and live with your partner. Like GOSH.
Sorry :P Lol a little off topic.
Reply 221
Original post by Alibibi
i tend to eat less, but because my mum made different dishes it was so appealing :biggrin:

so what topping did you have on your pizza?

lool i had plain old cheese and tomato... i love it that way! doesn't sound too appealing online though haha. so you can cook? omg i have a lil sister in year 12 and she can't cook for ****... what year are you in and good for you!
Reply 222
Original post by Dinaa
Salamuna Jori bekhaiyri? Dilta rasha! Sangayi? Ze pakhto napoyishum :P

Yup fully Kabuli and yeah man money isn't that important. People these days dying for it and doing extremely nasty stuff to get it. Like weddings too.. Why spend so much ? Why do ya even need a wedding? Why not just get the paper work done and live with your partner. Like GOSH.
Sorry :P Lol a little off topic.

haha 'Jori bekhaiyri' is the typical phrase that everyone thinks when you mention pashto to them.

omg seriously, if only more people can be like you, most of the Afghan girls I know are stuck up as hell.. they want this and that and a nice house and a banging car and im like wtf gtfo gold digger. I heard this next thing from my cousin saying that when an Afghan girl gets married and she goes shopping before the wedding, everything she touches the groom has to buy. LOL im like get the hell outta here.
Reply 223
lool i had plain old cheese and tomato... i love it that way! doesn't sound too appealing online though haha. so you can cook? omg i have a lil sister in year 12 and she can't cook for ****... what year are you in and good for you!

huh i didnt say i can cook, but yes i can cook, had to as my cousins were practising too, and i've just finished college,

give your cousin a break, her priority is her study, she can start during the holiday, hope we all inshallah do well

but during Ramadan i've pretty much let my mum cook as i am too tired (and lazy) to do it myself, :colondollar:
Reply 224
haha 'Jori bekhaiyri' is the typical phrase that everyone thinks when you mention pashto to them.

omg seriously, if only more people can be like you, most of the Afghan girls I know are stuck up as hell.. they want this and that and a nice house and a banging car and im like wtf gtfo gold digger. I heard this next thing from my cousin saying that when an Afghan girl gets married and she goes shopping before the wedding, everything she touches the groom has to buy. LOL im like get the hell outta here.

Lmfao, and when they try trade you for rice an you're like lolwut? :lol:
And i know. Thats why i'm put off the whole idea of a wedding. If you love each other.. why does the whole world need to find out? Its like an opportunity to show off your cash. Yeah kinda lol. The guys family takes the girl out and she chooses what ever she likes. And the guys family can't really say no because it'll make them look poor ;l
Stupid traditions. Creates arguments too ;/
Reply 225
Original post by Alibibi
huh i didnt say i can cook, but yes i can cook, had to as my cousins were practising too, and i've just finished college,

give your cousin a break, her priority is her study, she can start during the holiday, hope we all inshallah do well

but during Ramadan i've pretty much let my mum cook as i am too tired (and lazy) to do it myself, :colondollar:

*sister

and no i didn't mean in it a way thats like omg she has to learn now but when i say she can't cook for **** i mean... like combining cornflakes and milk is a mission for her, but yeah you're defo right the main priority is education.

yeah i let my mum do the cooking as well during ramadhan :tongue: but sometimes she can be lazy as well (like tonight haha).
Reply 226
Original post by Dinaa
And i know. Thats why i'm put off the whole idea of a wedding. If you love each other.. why does the whole world need to find out? Its like an opportunity to show off your cash. Yeah kinda lol. The guys family takes the girl out and she chooses what ever she likes. And the guys family can't really say no because it'll make them look poor ;l

haha thats why I don't wunna marry an Afghan, or if I do.. when we go out shopping the only shop we're visiting is Poundland and thats if shes lucky.
Reply 227
*sister

and no i didn't mean in it a way thats like omg she has to learn now but when i say she can't cook for **** i mean... like combining cornflakes and milk is a mission for her, but yeah you're defo right the main priority is education.

yeah i let my mum do the cooking as well during ramadhan :tongue: but sometimes she can be lazy as well (like tonight haha).

that is so weird, i thought it said cousin, anyway wow your mum must spoil her, gosh i wish i was treated like that but since i'm the middle child, nobody cares, so is she starting your 12 or has she finished it???
Reply 228
haha thats why I don't wunna marry an Afghan, or if I do.. when we go out shopping the only shop we're visiting is Poundland and thats if shes lucky.

Lmfao this made me loooooool
Poundland bro? hahahaha

And me to ya know. I haven't seen one happy old afghan couple :lol:
They all look miserable.
Reply 229
Original post by Dinaa

lol i've got 2 brothers, they better start saving
Reply 230
Original post by Alibibi
that is so weird, i thought it said cousin, anyway wow your mum must spoil her, gosh i wish i was treated like that but since i'm the middle child, nobody cares, so is she starting your 12 or has she finished it???

finished it, i still class her as year 12 cos she still goes school.. oh today may have been her last day lol, we don't really talk much.

yeah my mum spoils her, shes pretty clever so she gets away with it.. if she wasn't smart my mum would probably try and find her a husband by now..
Reply 231
Original post by Alibibi
lol i've got 2 brothers, they better start saving

Me too lmao :P
Reply 232
Original post by Dinaa
Poundland bro? hahahaha

They all look miserable.

haha yeah Poundland.. thats even pushing it! lool im so ghetto not even funny:tongue:

i swear in my whole family i don't see one happy afghan couple, I see content ones but not happy. My cousin married a Russian and shes the happiest out of all the afghans I know because she married him cos they actually liked each other. I might try and find a wife from Afghanistan though because I'm planning on moving back there for good soon, mashaAllah some really beautiful girls back home but looks are superficial anyways. lol.
Reply 233
finished it, i still class her as year 12 cos she still goes school.. oh today may have been her last day lol, we don't really talk much.

yeah my mum spoils her, shes pretty clever so she gets away with it.. if she wasn't smart my mum would probably try and find her a husband by now..

nice if she's dumb get her married, but then again half my cousins are married from my mum side, what does that say about them, lol
Reply 234
Original post by Dinaa
Me too lmao :P

i've got one older and one younger, both are pricks :mad:
Reply 235
Original post by Alibibi
nice if she's dumb get her married, but then again half my cousins are married from my mum side, what does that say about them, lol

haha, yeah thats the rule, if the girls dumb time for marriage, sad but true. how old are your cousins? you in education?
Reply 236
Original post by Alibibi

lool wat evs man, i'm the youngest and i swear my oldest brothers are just -.-

All the good food is placed in front of them.. My parents constantly telling them to eat. Omdz. And i've seen them. They look at my brothers like 1000 times on the dinner table. And when i try get eye contact with my mum it never works cuz shes too busy staring at my bro :lol:

I am the youngest and i'm also the only one who knows how to cook. Its like dina go cook this and that and omg -.- Idm though i guess.
And they're like, no leave your sister to revise. Like lolwut? I have exams too yano!
Reply 237
haha, yeah thats the rule, if the girls dumb time for marriage, sad but true. how old are your cousins? you in education?

some got married in mid 20s, but recently it has been 17, and 18 year olds and a 23 year old cousin is engaged, lol **** that, that is too early
Reply 238
Do you go thru adversity because of your race/culture?
Reply 239
Original post by Dinaa
Poundland bro? hahahaha

They all look miserable.

Is Ramadan still on?

Quick Reply

Latest