The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinaa
Naa m8 i cba.

yeah m8 cos you is just buff anyways

EDIT: I joke

Double EDIT: Not saying that you're not, but yeah...you know what I mean...or rather what I didn't mean :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, i put my makeup on most days, but if i'm not doing anything then i dont really bother
Original post by Secretnerd123
Pakistani?? lolwot O.o
You can deffo pass for iranian/turkish though :biggrin:

Can you speak spanish?

I think it's cause my boyfriend is Pakistani and I'm dark haired so when we're together people just assume we're both Pakistani.

Nah, it's way back in my family, like great great grandfather, so the only remenants are my colouring :tongue:
Original post by ApeMob
Arabs are as diverse as Latin Americans, due to colonialism and modern integration. So you will get a Greek looking Arab, a black looking Arab, an Indian looking Arab and then what is deemed today's typical Arab like a Kardashian or something. Of course there is an exception to every rule but in general you can look at someone and tell their race or ethnicity if that concerns you. And the girl who is Afghani has the eyes, the lips, and facial structure of many Middle Easterners despite her shade. I also don't know what people mean by looking white however, as so many people false claim being it.

Are you an Arab yourself btw? :tongue:

And you can look 'white'. For example, there may be an arab muslim girl and a white muslim girl who are both wearing hijabs with the same skin tone but you can easily tell which is the white one because of her features.

And you can look 'white'. For example, there may be an arab muslim girl and a white muslim girl who are both wearing hijabs with the same skin tone but you can easily tell which is the white one because of her features.

Not necessarily. I'm arab(if Lebanese counts as Arab) ,and have cousins who have blonde hair blue eyes and look 'white.'
Reply 105

Seeee what do you mean by Arab and white? I know some Arabs who claim white. It is so very tiring and confusing. I just think Arab is a mix of people who all speak Arabic but can be many different races at this point :sigh:
Reply 106
Original post by itsRochana
Not necessarily. I'm arab(if Lebanese counts as Arab) ,and have cousins who have blonde hair blue eyes and look 'white.'

You consider yourself Arab; do they?
Original post by ApeMob
You consider yourself Arab; do they?

Yes,although i've gotten in many arguments over the whole Arab vs Phoenician lol.
Original post by ApeMob
Seeee what do you mean by Arab and white? I know some Arabs who claim white. It is so very tiring and confusing. I just think Arab is a mix of people who all speak Arabic but can be many different races at this point :sigh:

Different ethnicities yes,not race :tongue:
Reply 109
Yes,although i've gotten in many arguments over the whole Arab vs Phoenician lol.

They can't possibly consider themselves Arabic with blonde hair blue eyes when those are features of Nordic Europeans? If they speak Arabic it makes more sense. And the Lebanese are a Semitic people, which is basically like Arabic but they too can and are mixed with Latin like Greeks from historic wars and migration. Pretty cool stuff, I love World History :smile:
Reply 110
Different ethnicities yes,not race :tongue:

They can be diff races as well. An Arab with blonde hair blue eyes is certainly a different race and thus ethnicity than an Arab with darker features.

&Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this, I am truly intrigued.
Original post by ApeMob
They can be diff races as well. An Arab with blonde hair blue eyes is certainly a different race and thus ethnicity than an Arab with darker features.

There are only 3 major races. Arabs are of the Caucasian race,so are Europeans,Indians, nordic people and some others. Features in a race can vary widely
Reply 112
Original post by 29Bilal96
yeah m8 cos you is just buff anyways

EDIT: I joke

Double EDIT: Not saying that you're not, but yeah...you know what I mean...or rather what I didn't mean :P

Yeah mans one buffting. Ain't nobody got time for face painting *kisses teeth*

lolwut? do ya wnna get a bang? I won't let TSRians bully you. Speak openly. No need to lie and say ur joking :wink:
Original post by Maid Marian
I put a fair amount of effort into my skin care regime and braiding/looking after my hair. I usually look like I've been sleeping rough despite this.

That wild look isn't necessarily bad :tongue:
Original post by ApeMob
They can't possibly consider themselves Arabic with blonde hair blue eyes when those are features of Nordic Europeans? If they speak Arabic it makes more sense. And the Lebanese are a Semitic people, which is basically like Arabic but they too can and are mixed with Latin like Greeks from historic wars and migration. Pretty cool stuff, I love World History :smile:

I think its mostly Christian Lebanese people that reject the label 'Arab'.
Yeah they speak Arabic(well Lebanese Arabic.)

Yes :biggrin: its really quite interesting. There's the remainder of a Roman Bath in Beirut,and many Phoenician cities. Really cool to visit
Reply 115
There are only 3 major races. Arabs are of the Caucasian race,so are Europeans,Indians, nordic people and some others. Features in a race can vary widely

Where did you hear that for Indians? Features do vary and for various reasons, mainly mixing, not original features. Originally blacks were very dark with thick features now there are blacks who look all types of ways...for mixing. Same for Arabs, Orientals and North Euros, which is why you will have someone with blonde hair claiming Arab and someone with Indian features claiming white.

And yes Arabs are considered white if it applies to that Arab but then there are Arabs who look like Berber Africans who are called black. It is all very tricky I know >.< There are anthropological definitions of each race but then people pick what they want for themselves, and then that becomes the norm. Maybe Idk the norm.
when i have time to do so
Original post by ApeMob
Where did you hear that for Indians? Features do vary and for various reasons, mainly mixing, not original features. Originally blacks were very dark with thick features now there are blacks who look all types of ways...for mixing. Same for Arabs, Orientals and North Euros, which is why you will have someone with blonde hair claiming Arab and someone with Indian features claiming white.

And yes Arabs are considered white if it applies to that Arab but then there are Arabs who look like Berber Africans who are called black. It is all very tricky I know >.< There are anthropological definitions of each race but then people pick what they want for themselves, and then that becomes the norm. Maybe Idk the norm.

How are Arabs considered white? :s-smilie:
There are berber people in morocco who have white ancestors and they don't speak arabic so maybe they can be considered 'white' if you will but i've never seen an arab claiming to be white :lol:
Reply 118
How are Arabs considered white? :s-smilie:
There are berber people in morocco who have white ancestors and they don't speak arabic so maybe they can be considered 'white' if you will but i've never seen an arab claiming to be white :lol:

She and I both said that Arabs are documented as white. And just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's never been seen. Arabs are a whole people not just the ones you have encountered or speak/spoken to. It is a political issue how Arabs racially identify themselves.
Original post by ApeMob
She and I both said that Arabs are documented as white. And just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's never been seen. Arabs are a whole people not just the ones you have encountered or speak/spoken to. It is a political issue how Arabs racially identify themselves.

I have this theory that nobody is 100% one ethnicity. We all have mixes for example, there are tribes in somalia who have strong yemeni heritage which is why some somalis like myself are quite light wheras some are dark. there is even a small group call the hamari who have distant portugese ancestors. Hmmm..

What ethnicity are you?

Quick Reply

Latest