The Student Room Group

Guy (25) going out with a divorced single mother (19)

What are your thoughts on this?

It's an interracial relationship, the two people are from two completely different racial and cultural background. The woman has a two year old child from another man, she claims she is divorced (I don't know for sure if the child in question is legitimate or whether he was born out of wedlock). Seems like a very serious (probably physical) relationship.

I find the whole thing to be extremely disturbing and cringeworthy.

Scroll to see replies

Depends how hot the woman is.

If Laura vandervoort/10 (see other thread) then would defo approve :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Depends how hot the woman is.

If Laura vandervoort/10 (see other thread) then would defo approve :yep:

Face 3/10, body 3/10.
Original post by Stinkum
Face 3/10, body 3/10.

I suppose if the bloke is also 3/10 then what's the problem? :biggrin:
It's their business. Why are you so bothered?
Who's a single mother AND divorced at 25. Wtaf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Divorced with a kid at 19 is impressive...

She's only really going to be able to get older guys now she's got herself in to that mess (how many 19 year olds do you know who want to be the step dad to a divorcee's kid) so I don't see an issue with the age
People can do what they want. Shes 19 and divorced. Of all the things she's gone through and all the problems shes enduring, I promise you OP that she dosen't give a **** about a bunch of social inept blokes and women sat behind at computer screen at 2:25am talking **** about how disturbing other people are
Reply 8
Thank you all for the replies.

Original post by Reluctant Economist
It's their business. Why are you so bothered?

Because it was (and still kind of is) happening RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE (almost literally). I was very disturbed when I finally put 2 and 2 together. I've spoken to the woman a couple of times and I managed to connect the dots. I was disturbed at what I found.

Original post by xOHarriet
Divorced with a kid at 19 is impressive...

She's only really going to be able to get older guys now she's got herself in to that mess (how many 19 year olds do you know who want to be the step dad to a divorcee's kid) so I don't see an issue with the age

Don't you think it's weird for a 25 year old guy to start a relationship with a person like that? I find it weird that he picked a woman that has a child and has been with another man.

Original post by Alfissti
I suppose if the bloke is also 3/10 then what's the problem? :biggrin:

I've never been able to rate men, but I'm sure he's probably better than a 3. No homo. But, looks aren't really why I'm disturbed by this relationship.

Original post by Reece Sure
People can do what they want. Shes 19 and divorced. Of all the things she's gone through and all the problems shes enduring, I promise you OP that she dosen't give a **** about a bunch of social inept blokes and women sat behind at computer screen at 2:25am talking **** about how disturbing other people are

I just wanted to gauge whether other people find it weird like I do. I've stooped quite low in the past, but never as far as embarking on a relationship with such an inappropriate person.
What's weird about that? Why does it bother you?
Original post by Stinkum
I just wanted to gauge whether other people find it weird like I do. I've stooped quite low in the past, but never as far as embarking on a relationship with such an inappropriate person.

how is she an inappropriate person?? because she has a child?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by emmabakerxox
how is she an inappropriate person?? because she has a child?

Posted from TSR Mobile

she has a child from another man
she's a different race to the guy
completely different cultural backgrounds
and they shouldn't really be in a relationship
Original post by Stinkum

What's it got to do with you? Are you involved with either of the couple?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by donutaud15
What's it got to do with you? Are you involved with either of the couple?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it just feels really awkward and wrong, it's a cringe fest. I wish I never knew or found out about it in the first place. i hate knowing. it does have to do with me, i think i'm somewhat involved maybe, i dunno
Original post by Stinkum
it just feels really awkward and wrong, it's a cringe fest. I wish I never knew or found out about it in the first place. i hate knowing. it does have to do with me, i think i'm somewhat involved maybe, i dunno

What's wrong in your eyes doesn't have to be wrong for others.

If you explain more on how you're involved then perhaps people can see what's the issue. Other than that you just sound douchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by donutaud15
What's wrong in your eyes doesn't have to be wrong for others.

If you explain more on how you're involved then perhaps people can see what's the issue. Other than that you just sound douchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is wrong. I'm not directly involved, but I feel awkward watching from the sidelines and not saying anything or voicing my concerns. How is this thing going to turn out a few years down the line? I'm thinking there's a possibility it may even lead to marriage, which is what really disturbs me. I do not want to be step uncle to an illegitimate interracial child.
she has a child from another man So what?
she's a different race to the guy And? are we a tad racist now?
completely different cultural backgrounds Why does this matter?
and they shouldn't really be in a relationship ​Because you say so?
Original post by Stinkum

She got issues
Original post by Stinkum
It is wrong. I'm not directly involved, but I feel awkward watching from the sidelines and not saying anything or voicing my concerns. How is this thing going to turn out a few years down the line? I'm thinking there's a possibility it may even lead to marriage, which is what really disturbs me. I do not want to be step uncle to an illegitimate interracial child.

1. What's wrong with an illegitimate interracial child? Also you said she was divorced so the child isn't illegitimate. And since this thread is all about voicing out then I must say your archaic view of illegitimacy (you won't mention it as an issue if you didn't see it as negative) is abhorrent. This is coming from a bastard child (and damn proud of it) who have dealt with bigots like yourself.

2. You really have no say whatsoever if they marry. You're not part of the couple so tough luck buddy. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
she has a child from another man So what?
she's a different race to the guy And? are we a tad racist now?
completely different cultural backgrounds Why does this matter?
and they shouldn't really be in a relationship ​Because you say so?

Omg THIS. I see so many people on here stressing over irrelevant and petty things. How is this relationship going to bother the OP. Just another idiot trying to cause trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest