The Student Room Group

Guy (25) going out with a divorced single mother (19)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by donutaud15
Yes he does. It's called human right. He's not a slave who has to ask permission from his masters.

Oh you can't allow it? I strongly suspect that if the person gives a crap about your little opinion then you won't be on TSR asking for opinions. Rather you would be telling him, no I think the better word would be ordering, to end this relationship. Then again you probably already have and have been told to shove your opinion where the sun don't shine. Hence this thread seeking validation.

Anyway I've run out of patience for archaic bigots. Don't bother replying me, I don't understand idiocy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're incapable of having a civilised, mature discussion, then by all means, feel free to leave. But I will quote you anyway, just to say that you're being quite biased and unreasonable here. You're being very close-minded as well, refusing to consider this situation with an open mind.
Original post by Stinkum
You've misunderstood my point. The child will have an identity crisis. They're neither here not there, if that makes sense. It has nothing to do with one race being superior/different to another. Just that it's unfair to put a child through that, it must be prevented in the first instance. That child will grow and have to live through his entire life hanging his head in shame. Totally unfair.

I don't think you have any right to speak for mixed race individuals since I highly doubt you have any idea what you're talking about. I'm mixed race with at least 5 (known) race in me and I don't know what this identity crisis you speak of. I and others I know like me absolutely love being mixed race and we don't have anything to be ashamed off.

Unless you're one yourself and having an identity crisis causing hate which you are showing in this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by bumblebee342
In what way is this your decision to make? :s-smilie:

This thing needs to be nipped in the bud urgently. I'm not sure exactly how serious the relationship is, but the signs are very worrying, it must stop before it's too late.
Original post by Stinkum
This thing needs to be nipped in the bud urgently. I'm not sure exactly how serious the relationship is, but the signs are very worrying, it must stop before it's too late.

I fail to see why it's your job to stop them... Or why you think it's necessary.
If it's not affecting you and they're happy, why is it "worrying"? :confused:
Original post by Stinkum
If you're incapable of having a civilised, mature discussion, then by all means, feel free to leave. But I will quote you anyway, just to say that you're being quite biased and unreasonable here. You're being very close-minded as well, refusing to consider this situation with an open mind.

On the contrary you are the one who have been biased, not to mention bigoted, so far.

You're just unhappy that a fair bit of people have disagreed with you. As we have suspected you're just seeking approval. Unfortunately it backfired on you.

You asked for people's opinion. I gave you mine. It's not my problem if you don't find it mature enough or aggreable enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by bumblebee342
I fail to see why it's your job to stop them... Or why you think it's necessary.
If it's not affecting you and they're happy, why is it "worrying"? :confused:

I'm hoping to prevent a wider crisis. The fallout from this relationship will be huge should it become public knowledge.
Original post by Stinkum
I'm hoping to prevent a wider crisis. The fallout from this relationship will be huge should it become public knowledge.

:rolleyes:
Original post by Novascope

Wow. I really can't believe someone can be THAT stupid.

Maybe try looking at the mirror ?

I never assumed any of the assumptions you put into my mouth, I used conditionals on all of them.

What part of that is unclear to you ?
Reply 88
On the contrary you are the one who have been biased, not to mention bigoted, so far.

You're just unhappy that a fair bit of people have disagreed with you. As we have suspected you're just seeking approval. Unfortunately it backfired on you.

You asked for people's opinion. I gave you mine. It's not my problem if you don't find it mature enough or aggreable enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've been quite aggressive, there's no need to throw insults around. I thought you'd have a useful opinion to share, since you claim to have some experience in this domain. But so far, you haven't been able to convince me of your viewpoint that this is in fact a reasonable relationship. You're just hurling insults and being very close-minded. I do not come here to be insulted or to have heated debates, only to seek opinions and viewpoints from other people in the hope that I can gain a better understanding of the situation. My opinion still hasn't changed. If anything, I've become more entrenched in my original views and doubts.

Just a tip, just because you provide an opinion, it doesn't give you the right to insult people. Have some respect at least.
Shock value? I take it you don't know a lot about interracial relationships or relationships in general?

As for the other 'points' you've made, waste of time trying to make sense of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I think I do, if you don't want to make sense of it then don't reply.

Ha !
Original post by Stinkum
This makes so much sense, and definitely confirms several concerns I've been having. Thanks for the response, tried to rep you but I'm out of rep for today unfortunately.

Well understanding is the 1st step towards a solution.

I find in my experience that the root often lies with the perpetrators own family in the 1st instance.
What the **** is your problem?
Original post by Stinkum
You've been quite aggressive, there's no need to throw insults around. I thought you'd have a useful opinion to share, since you claim to have some experience in this domain. But so far, you haven't been able to convince me of your viewpoint that this is in fact a reasonable relationship. You're just hurling insults and being very close-minded. I do not come here to be insulted or to have heated debates, only to seek opinions and viewpoints from other people in the hope that I can gain a better understanding of the situation. My opinion still hasn't changed. If anything, I've become more entrenched in my original views and doubts.

Just a tip, just because you provide an opinion, it doesn't give you the right to insult people. Have some respect at least.

1. You were insulted because I find your post regarding illegitimacy and interracial relationship insulting.

2. My useful opinion was basically don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. You're not part of the couple so it has nothing to do with you. You choose to ignore that opinion.

3. If you did not come here for a heated debate then you shouldn't have posted a thread that has thinly veiled racism. You will get attacked especially as it's an issue that many feel strongly about.

4. I don't need to convince you that it is a reasonable relationship. See point 2 why. Also I strongly suspect you'll ignore all positive points should it be offered anyway.

5. Hard to give you any opinion without losing patience since your thread is fill of inconsistencies like:

a. She's divorced then her child turns illegitimate.

b. No mention of religious aspect until further on.

c. refusal to give the additional details of the story.

I'm not a mind reader to guess and form opinions on half truths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Zenomorph
Well understanding is the 1st step towards a solution.

I find in my experience that the root often lies with the perpetrators own family in the 1st instance.

Yep. So do you think she might have some serious issues going on? I don't know what her agenda is, or what she hopes to get out of this relationship. She does have a really shady past, though.
Reply 94
Oh is this still happening. :getmecoat:
Original post by Jooooshy
Nearly all of this depends on her having issues with her family.. Which we don't know she does. She could have a very supporting family, and this relationship could have nothing to do with them..

READ IT Maaaan.

Conditionals, know what I mean maaan ?
Original post by Zenomorph
Yes I think I do, if you don't want to make sense of it then don't reply.

Ha !

If what you know about interracial relationship comes from personal experience, you're either too immature or have been hanging around people who have no self respect. Since using shock value to family as a reason to form an interracial relationship is abhorrent.

And I guess you're too dense to notice when someone is calling you stupid indirectly. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
1. You were insulted because I find your post regarding illegitimacy and interracial relationship insulting.

2. My useful opinion was basically don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. You're not part of the couple so it has nothing to do with you. You choose to ignore that opinion.

3. If you did not come here for a heated debate then you shouldn't have posted a thread that has thinly veiled racism. You will get attacked especially as it's an issue that many feel strongly about.

4. I don't need to convince you that it is a reasonable relationship. See point 2 why. Also I strongly suspect you'll ignore all positive points should it be offered anyway.

5. Hard to give you any opinion without losing patience since your thread is fill of inconsistencies like:

a. She's divorced then her child turns illegitimate.

b. No mention of religious aspect until further on.

c. refusal to give the additional details of the story.

I'm not a mind reader to guess and form opinions on half truths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're an extremely distrustful and cynical person. The reason I'm concerned about the child is because I do not know for certain whether she was ever actually married, or whether her child was born before or after she got married (if she was ever married, again).

Can't give more information because then she'll be very easily identifiable, might as well give her name and address while I'm at it.

There are no half truths in anything I've written.

And despite what you might think, I DO have an involvement in this situation. It's very indirect, but still. It was happening right under my nose for a while, and it still is...literally right now as I type this comment. God knows what they're doing now at 2 in the morning, I don't even want to imagine. So of course I'm involved, it is my business.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stinkum
You're an extremely distrustful and cynical person. The reason I'm concerned about the child is because I do not know for certain whether she was ever actually married, or whether her child was born before or after she got married (if she was ever married, again).

Can't give more information because then she'll be very easily identifiable, might as well give her name and address while I'm at it.

There are no half truths in anything I've written.

And despite what you might think, I DO have an involvement in this situation. It's very indirect, but still. It was happening right under my nose for a while, and it still is...literally right now as I type this comment. God knows what they're doing now at 2 in the morning, I don't even want to imagine. So of course I'm involved, it is my business.

In the interest of full disclosure, how about we make the scenario even more interesting - she wears a headscarf, and she was openly flirtatious with me.

You're talking about yourself when you say cynical and distrustful since you have said the child is illegitimate without knowing for certain. Also as far as I'm aware a child born outside of wedlock I'd legitimised if the parents marry afterwards.

Easily identifiable out of all the people in the world. Yeah seems legit. :rolleyes:

So what if she wears a headscarf and flirts with you? Flirting can easily be misinterpreted.

Tbh the more you tell about this story the more I'm seeing it as you being jealous of the relationship. This talk of 'happening under my nose' thing sounds like a jealous person would say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stinkum
Yep. So do you think she might have some serious issues going on? I don't know what her agenda is, or what she hopes to get out of this relationship. She does have a really shady past, though.

Are you the one going out with her ?

If so, then it'll be easy to find out. Ask her how often she sees her parents, see what the response is. If she says not very often, she doesn't at all look pleased and generally does not talk about her folks ( people normally talk a lot about things they liked) . Then that is omen she has issues with them

From that you might hint to her - do they live at the same address ? if not, chances are they are divorced, if so then it's more or less confirmed she will have issues with them.

No one likes their parents to be divorced as I am sure you realise.

One thing obviously, don't get her knocked up !!! Or your life and another will be ruined !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending