The Student Room Group

Is 50 cent the best rapper ever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LostGear
I knew you'd say I'm wrong:lol:

Hmm so many sick rappers from the 80s/90s to choose from, but the one that really sticks out for me is Tupac!

Pac was great at what he did, nobody bled in the booth like he did, but technically, he isn't even close to Andre.

I will say that toward the end of his life, Pac was becoming more socially aware and his rhyming skills were becoming tighter and tighter, I believe he was about to create his magnum opus and reach the peak of his powers, he had a lot more to offer but he doesn't surpass Andre, I don't even think it's close.

Andre is by far the superior rapper, I think his discography is better too although I accept people can point out it's with Outkast and not solo.
Reply 121
Original post by TheAnusFiles
or someone with German blood in them... :colone:

:yep:
Original post by stefl14
List of rappers better than 50 cent (this is off the top of my head - there are many others):

Big L
KRS One
Eminem
Nas
AZ
Big Daddy Kane
Big Pun
Jay Z
Rakim
Tupac
Notorious B.I.G
Kool G Rap
Guru
Immortal technique
Method Man
Raekwon
Prodigy
Andre 3000
Mos Def
Redman
Scarface
Common
Cam'ron
Ice Cube
Ghostface Killah

Don't get me wrong, 50 cent isn't a bad rapper - in his prime he was much better than most of the mainstream rappers of today. However, most of his things are commercial and very gimmicky now.

i no where ur coming from but come on when the last time (honestly) u listened to a song of common or mos def.
Original post by ganjasaurus.
i no where ur coming from but come on when the last time (honestly) u listened to a song of common or mos def.

May I just ask how you came up with such a creative username?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippity.doodah
...why 50 cent? why not dr dre? why not wu tang? why not biggie? why not jay z? I don't understand what qualities 50 cent has that the others don't

huge ego
amazing flow(slowly kinda went away)
staying real

rap isnt just about flow it is also about staying real to who you are. if u listen to an interview with krs one(considered one of the greats) he says himself 50 is amazing
Original post by CallMeJay
50 cent isn't even better than J Cole...

- That username is legen-wait-for-it-DARY

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks

its a shame HIMYM finished right. i really loved that

but come onnnn from 2000 to 2005 50 was rap
Original post by themanwithaplanb
he may not be the best rapper ever but he was still the most iconic figure in the 2000's and has a whole plethora of classics which make you wanna grab the strap and start straight gang banging. get rich or die tryin' has to be in the top 10 rap albums of all time imo. he's a G and an A list rapper.

everything true there. i just wanted everyones opinons. what do you think of the massacre
Original post by themanwithaplanb
he may not be the best rapper ever but he was still the most iconic figure in the 2000's and has a whole plethora of classics which make you wanna grab the strap and start straight gang banging. get rich or die tryin' has to be in the top 10 rap albums of all time imo. he's a G and an A list rapper.

everything true there. i just wanted everyones opinons. what do you think of the massacre and power of the dollar (i love them)
May I just ask how you came up with such a creative username?
Posted from TSR Mobile

our english and history teacher suggested it. we were just thinking of funny scientific names which led to funny name which led to this. my teacher knew that i smoked weed but didnt say anything cos ive seen her do it too.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
To everyone
here's why I said 50 is one of the greatest ever

jay z- way too overrated. He was rubbish at the time 50 was at his peak. As 50 said why did he take a mini retirement.
Ice cube- amazing but I don’t think he’s better
dr dre- used to be amazing but he knew about the money in producing so went for that, respect
ja rule- made a few hits
big l - had the potential to be one of the best ever
big pun- naa
method man- good but naa
raekwon-x
prodigy-x
André 3000-x
eazy e- just find him annoying tbh. I know he’s good but its just my opinion
The game good but defo not better than 50
Lil Wayne--ugggghhhh. one of the worst lyrically and the way he sounds. altough made SOME good songs like lollipop etc.

yh yh yh--everyone can say krs one, rakim and lots of older rappers but how often can you personally listen to them.

now to the ones I do consider the greatest ever

biggie- great but personally I only like some songs.
Tupac- one of my all time fav's.damn this guy was amazing.
Nas- amazing rapper and storyteller
dmx- also brilliant.
Snoop dogg- love his albums
Ice Cube- real good

Eminem- one of the best right now. (he did try to copy nas at first ). Right now if u break it down he is superior to any rapper in every way.

Immortal technique--my fav when it come to real 5h!t. Him and lowkey are too real. Because there true and do not follow mainstream they’ll never make it right to the top (debate this another time)

drake, French Montana and meek mill are also good but I personally can never put any rapper after 2007 in my top 10. Hate to say it but I also do like rick Ross.

50 is the best at dissing since some of the older rappers. One of the best gangster rappers because he literally finished careers. Made clubs go mad. Stayed true to himself (about 95 %). Rick Ross only has a rap career as nobody cares about realness no more.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dinaa
lool naa m8 hes a top man. Everything about him innit :colone:

Is that what girls like these days? I need to change my style....
Hotel California. I'm sure there's more but I cbb to search...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hotel California: 84k
Cole World: 660k
Born Sinner: 599k
Original post by nohomo
Surprised it hasn't been suggested yet in this thread, but Eminem is far superior.

It has been suggested, and it is fact

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Orange s0da
Hotel California: 84k
Cole World: 660k
Born Sinner: 599k

Lol, bad example. I just thought so because he's more popular. Macklemore however has sold more than J Cole

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
our english and history teacher suggested it. we were just thinking of funny scientific names which led to funny name which led to this. my teacher knew that i smoked weed but didnt say anything cos ive seen her do it too.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That story is hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by jabire3
Is that what girls like these days? I need to change my style....

I'd say : yh m8 hes the thing now

but that would be lying. Everyone else thinks he looks like a gremlin.. BUT mans thinks he looks *licks lips* you know what i mean :wink:
André 3000-x

Please elaborate.

Snoop dogg- love his albums

You can't be serious. The vast majority of his output has been terrible and Doggystyle was mostly good because of the production.

That's not even relevant. I've sought out the tracks of these rappers more times than I have 50 cent. The only time I hear 50 cent its usually by accident. Mainstream popularity =/= best rapper.
Original post by stefl14
That's not even relevant. I've sought out the tracks of these rappers more times than I have 50 cent. The only time I hear 50 cent its usually by accident. Mainstream popularity =/= best rapper.

"Mainstream popularity =/= best rapper."

Typically mainstream means youre probably not haha
thanks

its a shame HIMYM finished right. i really loved that

but come onnnn from 2000 to 2005 50 was rap

i agree 50 dominated early-mid 2000 rap and thats why hes sick to me cuz i grew up then. Alot of better rappers out there buh hes one of my top cuzza the way he publicised gangsta rap hugely.

Quick Reply

Latest