The Student Room Group

Guys do you like putting effort into your appearance?

As in wanting to look presentable by wearing nice fitted clothes, styling your hair or getting a haircut now and then. Shaving regularly, maintaining your facial hair and putting on nice cologne.

Do you make an effort everyday or perhaps only on special occasions?

Replica thread of the girls version.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I put on a nicr Cologne, and i go to the barbers 1 a month or 2 months for a fresh trim. I wear clothes that i think are good and i always wear roll on so i dont sweat as much. I always also carry an afro comb wherever i go so that when my hair curls up again i straightnen it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not at all, i don't need to make the effort. chix come to me.
Original post by Black Cat
As in wanting to look presentable by wearing nice fitted clothes, styling your hair or getting a haircut now and then. Shaving regularly, maintaining your facial hair and putting on nice cologne.

Going through your points one by one. No, No, No, No, No and No.

Honestly on the rare occasion I do get dressed, throw on a band shirt and some skinny jeans and I'm good.
Reply 4
Original post by mojojojo101
Going through your points one by one. No, No, No, No, No and No.

Honestly on the rare occasion I do get dressed, throw on a band shirt and some skinny jeans and I'm good.

Hmm interesting im the total opposite of you always trying to look at my best by doing these things.
Reply 5
People will ultimately judge, you shouldn't give a fuark if they do, but if you do these things, they treat you better as a result. So you can not give a fuark while still getting positive judgements from humans.

A little. I get a standard short back and sides once a month, don't style it though. Wear clothes that fit and make sure I smell decent, not necessarily cologne but make sure I've showered daily or two depending on if I need to. And shave regularly, not daily but every two days. I don't tend to go to flashy dressy occasions as I don't like them but if I do I make an effort don't know why because I'm usually in an out within the hour.

Not really much effort just basic hygiene I think.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yes, if I'm going to work. I go all out. Otherwise, no.
Reply 9
Na who got time for that?
yes, but I don't want to expend too much effort you know? The most important things to me in this context are my skin and my clothes, so I spend a lot of time on my skin and my wardrobe is okay at the moment so I don't have to think about it. I've neglected my hair this year but w/e lol
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I always also carry an afro comb wherever i go so that when my hair curls up again i straightnen it.

I used to do that at school, can't remember why I stopped :beard:
I used to like doing my hair, then looking back at pictures I looked stupid, so now I have an easy buzz cut :biggrin:
I spend 5 minutes in the shower to do my hair for 3 days :biggrin:

As for clothes, I prefer something that is comfortable and durable rather than form over function.
A bit. I'd say it's more like basic hygiene, though. If I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, I will make a minimum effort. When I'm working or doing something special, I'll go all out. I've left my hair to grow for quite a while now. Other people have cool afros, but mine doesn't seem to be growing out much more. At least it helps to make me look a bit older.
I do it regularly (sometimes not on weekends) because I want to feel fresh and not have to worry how people percieve me.
I feel very uncomfortable and anguished, to the point of being crippled, if I know my appearance is well below another person's standard.

For the average weekday I'll; have a bath (includes shampoo), brush, shave, exfoliated then hydrated skin, styled hair and then applied cologne and some deodorant. Its the shaving and bath that take up the most time (about 15mins).

Noticed though that people are friendlier and more willing to approach me when I haven't shaved.
Makes no sense to me.
(edited 9 years ago)

Yes, but I doubt most people notice or appreciate, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being clean is usually enough for me, to be honest, but after I wash my hair, it gets really poofy, so I put a bit of gel on it

That's about it
Reply 18
Yes if I'm going somewhere. Presentable hair, well fitting clothes, eyebrow maintenance, etc.
Can't be bothered, i'd rather have extra sleep then looking fancy

Quick Reply

Latest