The Student Room Group

Caught close friend reading my private messages ( FB )

I have a close male friend whom Im on placement with until the end of next week. I was out of the room for about 10 minutes completing a task and then came back in to find him sat at my laptop looking through my facebook messages. when heard me come in he quickly changed to another tab. he also had my history up on screen too....
Earlier this week he told me off for still being in contact with my exes;

what the heck is going on?
Reply 1
He fancies the pants of you in an obsessive way. Unless you're up for it, get rid.
Reply 2
im not sure what he would gain from looking at my private messages though, it just seems a little odd! I asked him why he was reading them and he said I should lock my computer and that he wasnt going to pass up the opportunity to look when it was just sitting there unlocked?!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I have a close male friend whom Im on placement with until the end of next week. I was out of the room for about 10 minutes completing a task and then came back in to find him sat at my laptop looking through my facebook messages. when heard me come in he quickly changed to another tab. he also had my history up on screen too....
Earlier this week he told me off for still being in contact with my exes;

what the heck is going on?

Keep an eye on your friend.He might try playing with your life. And change the password of your fb. Cos he would of digged to find your password. Just maintain normal friendship with him. Don't go asking him what he does and all. And be aware to sign out your fb, email or anything more hereafter.. Just be careful. You need to maintain privacy. If your friend is in your fb as a friend, just add him to restricted list. He will only be able to see just like a public user who is not your friend but the advantage is he will be on your friend list still and wouldn't know that you added him to restricted list. Block your friendlist from him so he won't be able to find who your ex are as they might not know about what your friend has done to you. Block your friendlist by editing your friendlist and put to custom and choose the people who can only view your friendlist.
Here's it..I suggest don't believe everything what your friend tells and don't be fooled as you've found him stalking you.

How to hide friendlist from friends on facebook

How to Change Your Facebook Password

Learn how to restrict people on your friend list on facebook.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
wow you really think its that serious? I think ill change my password though, just incase.
Whats creeping me out a little is that i feel his behaviour is a little possessive... we are both in relationships too, which makes it more odd
If he was in chrome actually firefox too, and you have your facebook password come up automatically in asterisks then I or anyone could break code and easily find out what it is.. change it now.
I'd probably do the same to one of my best friends for a laugh, I doubt he's the psychopath people are making out. He just probably likes you as a friend so much that he wants to know as much as he can about what's going on in your life to talk about it and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
wow you really think its that serious? I think ill change my password though, just incase.
Whats creeping me out a little is that i feel his behaviour is a little possessive... we are both in relationships too, which makes it more odd

You might cos he's your friend it mightnot be a prob but still, no one can be believed. Risk is at your hands.
Doing such things will make all safer and better:yep:
Add him to restricted list. Block your friend list from him by seeing that viddeo above i have shown you.Go to edit friendlist and so on..
it's not very serious but please be serious for these things..
Even though people are in relationship, if they see something better they could change.. so i just warn you for your safety..

I personally don't think it seems serious, that above post seems like a massive overreaction.

Just seems like someone being nosy. It's rude, but hardly unheard of. It's obviously completely understandable that you're annoyed though - I think anyone would be!
Reply 9
probably a good idea thanks :smile: this isnt the first time he's done something like this - when he was using my laptop for something a few weeks ago he was scrolling through my history and commenting that i had been looking at a guy who we both know's profile... and basically being quite funny about it
also, when someone i knew was texting me he was asking me who they were and how i knew them, when he found out it was another guy he was all moody with me and said i was a slag! I dont get these mood swings and snooping...
He seems to have trouble with boundaries. Give him a list of what is unacceptable!
It's not as serious as some posts are making it sound :L
I think he's just being a nosey prat. Curious as to who you talk to, what you're like with them, etc. Should just tell him to respect your privacy a bit more!
Some people (especially modern psuedo-feminists) are total ****tards,making a total lame overreaction out of nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Nothing wrong with that. It's perfectly normal.
im not sure what he would gain from looking at my private messages though, it just seems a little odd! I asked him why he was reading them and he said I should lock my computer and that he wasnt going to pass up the opportunity to look when it was just sitting there unlocked?!

I would get better friends if I was you. That is totally unacceptable and he should have learned that in primary school. If I catch any of my friends doing that, they would soon be ex-friends.

It's like opening someone else's letters. They are clearly not ready for adult friendships yet.

Original post by Highlander123999
Some people (especially modern psuedo-feminists) are total ****tards,making a total lame overreaction out of nothing

And then there are modern anti-pseudo-feminists that try to blame everything on pseudo-feminism. Global warming? Blame the feminists.

WTF does this have to do with feminism?!

I am a guy and would be seriously pissed if someone did that to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending