The Student Room Group

Tarot Card reading

Scroll to see replies

Original post by just a dad
I'm sure that forum rules would prevent my giving an honest answer!

haha fair enough!! :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by jsccsx1
I asked a yes or no question, i managed to pick the "death card".... = indicating the answer was no... i dont know where that bull**** came from then?!

So let me get this straight - you asked a yes or no question, you drew a card you were told or decided to interpret as 'no', and now you're ****ting your pants? This is exactly the same as you staying home and deciding heads is yes, tails is no, and flipping a coin. Would you be being this daft about that?
Reply 42
Original post by Ronove
So let me get this straight - you asked a yes or no question, you drew a card you were told or decided to interpret as 'no', and now you're ****ting your pants? This is exactly the same as you staying home and deciding heads is yes, tails is no, and flipping a coin. Would you be being this daft about that?

okay fair enough.. :frown: point taken. I was just so worried cus it affects my uni stuff ...
Reply 43
Original post by jsccsx1
okay fair enough.. :frown: point taken. I was just so worried cus it affects my uni stuff ...

It doesn't affect anything.
Reply 44
Original post by InnerTemple
Mostly nonsense:

The boyfriend thing in the video reminds me of a reading I had about 3 or 4 years ago. She said something about sensing that I have children (I was 25/26 at the time and live in an area were women tend to have children pretty early on so she probably guessed I would've had them) to which I replied no, she then said it could be a child in the spirit world and asked if I'd ever had a miscarriage or an abortion to which again I replied no. She then rephrased it saying that it could perhaps be my "inner child" or something like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gemmam
The boyfriend thing in the video reminds me of a reading I had about 3 or 4 years ago. She said something about sensing that I have children (I was 25/26 at the time and live in an area were women tend to have children pretty early on so she probably guessed I would've had them) to which I replied no, she then said it could be a child in the spirit world and asked if I'd ever had a miscarriage or an abortion to which again I replied no. She then rephrased it saying that it could perhaps be my "inner child" or something like that.

.............at which point you asked for your money back?
there are plenty of free online tarots.... there is no interaction with anyone.

as a previous post mentioned these cards with their curious images can enable us to become more aware of our subconscious feelings and motivations.
Reply 47
Original post by Last Day Lepers
.............at which point you asked for your money back?

I didn't this was at a charity night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Ronove
It doesn't affect anything.

Original post by the bear
there are plenty of free online tarots.... there is no interaction with anyone.

as a previous post mentioned these cards with their curious images can enable us to become more aware of our subconscious feelings and motivations.

Original post by just a dad
Please, don't go down that road. It's absolute nonsense and you mustn't let it get to you.
Your mother is a lost cause, please don't follow her.

Original post by AlesanaWill
I don't think they can predict the future.

However, I think that doing a reading for yourself on a problem / situation you currently have can be useful as I think the rich meanings of the cards can help bring out thoughts in your sub-conscious. This might help you to understand the problem more clearly. This isn't anything "magic", this is just like when you do something that triggers a memory of a dream - but tarot cards are more likely to trigger a thought because each card has a lot of imagery and detail captured in it. At least, that's what I've used them for and I've found them to be helpful.

They can also be used for meditation. Sometimes I choose a card with a quality I want to improve and spend a long time exploring it. I find it helps.

Tarot cards are just pictures on cardboard, like playing cards - the actual cards are not magical. But I think the powerful artwork on the cards can be a great tool in helping to explore your own thoughts a bit more deeply. Some people would argue that tarot cards go further and can predict things with "magical" accuracy. I think that as each card has so many different meanings, it is not difficult to bend a spread to be what you expect it to be or look at it in hindsight and say it predicted an event. That said, I am open-minded about spirituality and psychic ability in humans. However I think it would be far more subtle than what "fortune tellers" and tarot card readers generally suggest.

Hey guys, I'd just like to give you an update. 1 out of 2 of the questions I have asked had came true already. It could be pure coincidence, but I thought I might as well share it with you since it has happened. I'm quite devastated, but maybe good things will happen after the bad.
Reply 49
Original post by jsccsx1
Hey guys, I'd just like to give you an update. 1 out of 2 of the questions I have asked had came true already. It could be pure coincidence, but I thought I might as well share it with you since it has happened. I'm quite devastated, but maybe good things will happen after the bad.

It's either coincidence, you made it come true yourself (self-fulfilling prophecy) or it didn't quite happen but you're interpreting it as having happened because it fits.
Reply 50
Original post by Ronove
It's either coincidence, you made it come true yourself (self-fulfilling prophecy) or it didn't quite happen but you're interpreting it as having happened because it fits.

It was one of those yes or no questions. But i do get that there's a 50/50 chance. Who knows though, eh?
Reply 51
Original post by jsccsx1
It was one of those yes or no questions. But i do get that there's a 50/50 chance. Who knows though, eh?

Plenty of people. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending