The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Rusty Spork
I'm finding striker the hardest position to pick at the moment.

I've got Sturridge, Remy and Jelavic but with £2.5M in the bank. I can't really see any value in anyone from Rooney down to Remy. No guarantee of starts or even that they will be at the club :beard:

Yeh same here. Dzeko for example is a good option for the first few games, but once Aguero is fully fit he's very risky. Ditto Rooney/RVP. I don't want to get a 5-6m striker though, because if one of the 11m+ players starts banging in the goals it's going to be a pain to bring them in without using a WC. If Remy's still a QPR player in a months time i'll probably bring him in and do Cesc > Eden.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Darren Bent anyone?:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only way Bent will be starting is if Kozak doesn't recover in time, which he will do if he doesn't suffer a setback.
Original post by little_wizard123
The only way Bent will be starting is if Kozak doesn't recover in time, which he will do if he doesn't suffer a setback.

Ashame since he could be an FPL God given first team football and decent service.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem is we don't know what position fabregas will play? And under Jose he might not play CAM. And that's fabregas fav position

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanW18
Wild card.

What can you use it for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
What can you use it for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlimited transfers in a given gameweek
Darren Bent is one of my strikers.
Original post by TheBallWinner

Picking a striker who won't play is a new strategy. Hope it works out for you.

Lambert hates him, I doubt he'll be on the pitch much.

Lukaku is off to Everton apparently, which makes him more appealing. Only concern is that I had him last season and he was such a letdown at times!
Picking a striker who won't play is a new strategy. Hope it works out for you.

Don't know who you are but you seem like a rude kid.

If you saw my team you'd understand why I selected Bent. PLUS, there could be a slim chance of him going to a Stoke City.

I also have Connor Coady as one of my CB's.
Reply 130
Original post by sr90
Yeh same here. Dzeko for example is a good option for the first few games, but once Aguero is fully fit he's very risky. Ditto Rooney/RVP. I don't want to get a 5-6m striker though, because if one of the 11m+ players starts banging in the goals it's going to be a pain to bring them in without using a WC. If Remy's still a QPR player in a months time i'll probably bring him in and do Cesc > Eden.

Remy now becomes a waste as well :sigh:
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Remy now becomes a waste as well :sigh:

On the plus side, at least it means Bony will stay at Swansea. After GW1 they have a very nice run of fixtures.
Don't know who you are but you seem like a rude kid.

If you saw my team you'd understand why I selected Bent. PLUS, there could be a slim chance of him going to a Stoke City.

I also have Connor Coady as one of my CB's.

Just giving you some advice. You'd be wise to take it.

Bent just got on a plane to America so looking unlikely he'll leave imo.

Congratulations.
Reply 133
Just giving you some advice. You'd be wise to take it.

Bent just got on a plane to America so looking unlikely he'll leave imo.

Congratulations.

this year prices are just too much.
half my team consists of players who didn't play in BPL last year. Mostly because everyone who did play have too high of a price
Anyone considering Borini as a 3rd striker when he transfers to Sunderland? Finished strongly there last season and seems to be in favour under Poyet.
Original post by Isometrix
Anyone considering Borini as a 3rd striker when he transfers to Sunderland? Finished strongly there last season and seems to be in favour under Poyet.

Currently going around that Borini has rejected the chance to move there, and wants to stay at Liverpool.

And to Qari, I think prices are very good this year.
Reply 136
Currently going around that Borini has rejected the chance to move there, and wants to stay at Liverpool.

seriously? and i've just changed my team once again.

that's what it is now.

Schmeichel

Debuchy Yun Demichelis

Arnautovic Sánchez Herrera Tadic

Rivière van Persie Diego Costa

Subs

Murphy Lovren Garvan Duff

dnt really mind because I'm probs going to change it another 100 times before next month.
Yeah I had Remy but going to have to change him now :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right didn't know that.

Prices are alright, but Suarez leaving has done us all a massive favour because he would have been 14.0

Is Colbert playing this season?
The obvious players are overpriced but there's some real bargains to be had if you look around. Especially in defence, tons of options at 4.5/5.0 and even some of the 4.0's have potential.

Quick Reply

Latest