The Student Room Group

Housing room situation - need help!

(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe you could ask the whole house or any of those who haven't moved in yet if they want to switch instead of just asking one person?? someone may be prepared to swap as you did put all the work into the house :smile:
ask to do the draw thing again but if not surely a smaller room would be a better compromise than the attic room?
Reply 3
I don't know your full situation. But, I would still say that using the fact that you did all the work to find the house is not the best ground for choosing the room unless you had already decided this with your house-mates prior to looking.

Explain the problems that you are having with the room and admit that you think it was a mistake to choose that room. Ask if someone else is willing to try and take that room. If nobody likes it, at least ask them if you can do swaps at the end of term or if each of them will pay a couple of quid more per week to at least help you guys lessen the cost of that room for someone else to move in (as it must be bad if none of housemates will take it).
Personally I think that the fact that you changed your mind about which room you wanted gives you less entitlement to ask to swap now. I'm quite passive about these sort of things so I certainly wouldn't want to ask someone who was already settled to swap now. However, if you do ask the fact that you did find the house and do have valid reasons for not wanting the loft room she probably will swap with you - whether she'll be happy about it is another matter altogether.
Reply 5
I think since you made the mistake of swapping it wouldn't be fair to now ask to swap back. Try make a compromise with your housemates e.g you get first choice of room next year or maybe have your room for half the time you're there then switch

It's probably one of those things you'll just have to learn to live with
You can't ask her to swap. You chose first. You chose wrong. Deal with it.
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I'm not sure as the other two rooms are small and I would like a big room! I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea to just ask them if they could do a draw again… We do have a while til term starts also so I guess the girl moving her things around wouldn't be much of an issue although she may be annoyed!

you might like a big room but at the end of the day we can't all get what we like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending