The Student Room Group

Why is my firm offer still conditional?

I got my exam results at the start of July and I have exceeded their conditions but it still hasn't changed to unconditional...My firm is the University of Manchester for anyone wondering. How long will I have to wait until I get confirmation from them? I also need my CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from them so I can get a study visa for the UK but they still haven't given me one. Is anyone in the same situation as me??
Original post by ioclops
I got my exam results at the start of July and I have exceeded their conditions but it still hasn't changed to unconditional...My firm is the University of Manchester for anyone wondering. How long will I have to wait until I get confirmation from them? I also need my CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from them so I can get a study visa for the UK but they still haven't given me one. Is anyone in the same situation as me??

Things tend to get processed in batches and they simply won't have got round to it yet, if you have definitely met the conditions. Since you have a need for a visa, call them up and politely explain why you need it to be updated.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Things tend to get processed in batches and they simply won't have got round to it yet, if you have definitely met the conditions. Since you have a need for a visa, call them up and politely explain why you need it to be updated.

Is it possible for them to reject me even if I did meet their conditions? Although I have met their conditions, my exam results were quite a bit below what I was predicted which may give a bad impression to the University. Do you think they could reject me based on the fact that I had dropped too much from my predicted?
Original post by ioclops
Is it possible for them to reject me even if I did meet their conditions? Although I have met their conditions, my exam results were quite a bit below what I was predicted which may give a bad impression to the University. Do you think they could reject me based on the fact that I had dropped too much from my predicted?

No, if you met all of the conditions then you are in
Original post by ioclops

No, your predicted grades are unimportant now. The offer conditions are the only thing that matters and as long as you have met them, you are in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending