The Student Room Group

The 'I'm worried for..." GCSE Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheEpiphany
Just hoping I scrape into an A* or something, cos I am doing it for A level as well :/

I wish you all the best with that! Don't be down if you get an A though, there really isn't much difference between the two I don't believe.
Original post by JayJay-C19
why yes, I'm sure it will be :smile:!
&
You do need to really up your game and not take textiles for a ride, it isn't an easy subject to get an A/A* in but you may not need to do as much as I did! A good thing to do is follow the exam materials that give examples of work and follow the advice they give to maximise marks and basically reassure yourself that if it gets sent for moderation they can't possibly fault it!xxx

Yeah, Year 9 textiles was pretty difficult so I know a little about what I'm going into. I'm pretty sure we have to do about 40 pages in ours :/

Aw thank you so much! :biggrin: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by karmacrunch

Yeah, Year 9 textiles was pretty difficult so I know a little about what I'm going into. I'm pretty sure we have to do about 40 pages in ours :/

Aw thank you so much! :biggrin: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome!

Oh, what's your exam board?xx
You're welcome!

Oh, what's your exam board?xx

I'm going to be on AQA. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I'm going to be on AQA. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM ME!? I have loads of stuff that will help you for AQA man :smile: xxxxxx
:frown:; I'm sure you did fine! :tongue:xo

Just like you Maths isn't really my thing either so I probably didn't get that A grade. :tongue: Oh well, one can dream!
Original post by Gorwell
Don't be so down about your art grade! I'm sure you've done very well. :biggrin:

My teacher showed us on the last day a spreadsheet with our coursework and exam grade and I got C for both though. :frown: Relying on Moderation!
PM ME!? I have loads of stuff that will help you for AQA man :smile: xxxxxx

I have done now :smile: Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish you all the best with that! Don't be down if you get an A though, there really isn't much difference between the two I don't believe.

True, but like I am planning to apply to do Engineering at Cambridge- therefore, an A in physics will look really bad you get me ?
Reply 69
Original post by yellowcopter
My teacher showed us on the last day a spreadsheet with our coursework and exam grade and I got C for both though. :frown: Relying on Moderation!

:frown: look, one grade doesn't mean the end of all humanity - I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! Chin up :smile: xx
Reply 70
Original post by TheEpiphany
True, but like I am planning to apply to do Engineering at Cambridge- therefore, an A in physics will look really bad you get me ?

I doubt an A will look bad. If you get an A at AS or an A/A* at A2 then I highly doubt even a B would matter to them.

You never know. :tongue: My school are strict on internal moderation,but last year the grades went up thanks to external moderation!
I know you're not evil of course :tongue:

Hehe, leave him be Gorwell! :wink:

I know :frown: I was having a convo and it was off-topic! I had no idea it was a rule, but I know now I guess.

I'm on AQA! :biggrin: There was so much writing!

Edit: that 'I know' sounded a bit big-headed, whoops!
Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek::eek::eek:

Ahh that sucks :frown:
Same, the exam was so intense! Are you in Year 10 or 11? :tongue:x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Gorwell

See, someone's nice when you bully! :angry::frown:
:frown: look, one grade doesn't mean the end of all humanity - I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! Chin up :smile: xx

IT DOES. :frown: Kidding. :tongue:

I hope so! Good luck to you too. :biggrin:

That's my job :wink:
Reply 76
IT DOES. :frown: Kidding. :tongue:

I hope so! Good luck to you too. :biggrin:

Good;D!

Thanks pal xx
Reply 77
Original post by Gorwell

HURRY UP AND FIND YOUR PHONE CHARGER :mad::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

My BEAUTIFUL (yes beautiful) phone awaits your replies :'( xxxx
Original post by Gorwell
You never know. :tongue: My school are strict on internal moderation,but last year the grades went up thanks to external moderation!

Our school is strict too so hope thats what happens. :tongue: I have a copy of the spreadsheet so I'll see my total UMS and see how many marks I need to go up to a B at least.
Original post by Gorwell

Ahh that sucks :frown:
Same, the exam was so intense! Are you in Year 10 or 11? :tongue:x

Deal with it. :tongue:

Yeah, it's not too bad though. It's not irl and it won't happen again now I know :rolleyes:
Lol no! I'm in Year 9 but I've started my Citz already. :redface: x

:yep:
Original post by Gorwell

:colonhash::colonhash:
HURRY UP AND FIND YOUR PHONE CHARGER :mad::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

My BEAUTIFUL (yes beautiful) phone awaits your replies :'( xxxx

Look how innocent he is!! :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply