The Student Room Group

Which graduates are most likely to make 50k+ in their careers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wisefire
Very much in London. Most people I know live in the posher/middle-class parts of London (i.e north-west/west). I live in north. I'll probably do economics or maths. Love the 2 and they're lucrative. Read my bio/About Me for more info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with the things you say to an extent.

http://gyazo.com/7b1df3c4b35e009c72d7eb8f8d8ccb72

Dentistry is something Im VERY interested in
Original post by SloaneRanger
I respect your logic! Its true!

Thanks. It's incredibly true. I've seen it with my own eyes, and then some... Anyway, if I do actually get A*AA next year, after resits and A2s, I think I'm intelligent and capable enough to get to £80k+ before I'm 33/34/35 or so, especially considering I'm in London, and the people I do somewhat know, thank goodness... Besides, I'm willing to just work and work. Hours aren't a problem for me lol. I've got nothing better to do but work. If only I was as aware of the life decision that's to come next year when I was younger, I would very much not be as edgy/bold/anxious about things, as I am right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
a lot of my motivation actially came from a teacher who basically saved me from getting kicked out of school, so i guess thats why i want to help others, not earn money, id be quite happy in a voluntary position if it means i get to help people!

i know you wernt, but i was clearing up for other people, who DO generalise council housing on the hole rough estate where people are drug dealers and nobody works... in my village there were 6 council houses and everyone works :smile:

Oh okay! :smile:

Well good luck to you, I respect people a lot who put others first. I actually want to become a teacher after ive made some money, somethimg about teaching has always appealled to me!
Thanks. It's incredibly true. I've seen it with my own eyes, and then some... Anyway, if I do actually get A*AA next year, after resits and A2s, I think I'm intelligent and capable enough to get to £80k+ before I'm 33/34/35 or so, especially considering I'm in London, and the people I do somewhat know, thank goodness... Besides, I'm willing to just work and work. Hours aren't a problem for me lol. I've got nothing better to do but work. If only I was as aware of the life decision that's to come next year when I was younger, I would very much not be as edgy/bold/anxious about things, as I am right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats if people aren't willing to get their hands dirty and work the long hours to make the money. Just make sure you don't kill yourself, the money is there to be made. If your headstrong you will get there, plenty of rejection, but its seriously a numbers game. Its a science not an art in how to make big money quickly.
Original post by ElChapo
You wouldn't necessarily have friends or things to do at the weekend if your parents were earning more money, you sound like a bit of an ass to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know money doesn't mean friends. True. But I'd literally have the financial ease to arrange to go to places with people I do know, like an amusement park, or Westfield, or Harrods, if you want to be specific. I could go to bars or nightclubs and meet new girls and boys. I'm an ass in your view, for desperately trying to change my life such that I don't have to just sit here with about 20 quid max in my bank account for the rest of the month, revealing a lot about myself here on TSR, whilst seeing, realising, appreciating and totally envisaging the life me and my parents are rotting away at? My mind doesn't deserve to be stuck here. That's brash, but if only I could verbally express myself to any of you. Typing on my crappy phone doesn't tell you all too much. You don't know me, so your assertion of me is honestly quite inaccurate. Really. I'm only self-centred about self-improvement till I have reached my minimum goals. Otherwise, I acknowledge peoples' viewpoints and like to extrapolate as much good from them before I judge people. I'm arrogant, yes; but only arrogant because I am an inferior in my own world. Quite literally, the greatest inferior.

Look man... You haven't seen the things I've seen, in relation to just what the rich get up to. FOR WHAT? THEY'RE THE 'TALENT'? NO. **** that. I can be that 'talent' too. So I'm the least talented, least smart person I know, as I'm the poorest? WRONG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know money doesn't mean friends. True. But I'd literally have the financial ease to arrange to go to places with people I do know, like an amusement park, or Westfield, or Harrods, if you want to be specific. I could go to bars or nightclubs and meet new girls and boys. I'm an ass in your view, for desperately trying to change my life such that I don't have to just sit here with about 20 quid max in my bank account for the rest of the month, revealing a lot about myself here on TSR, whilst seeing, realising, appreciating and totally envisaging the life me and my parents are rotting away at? My mind doesn't deserve to be stuck here. That's brash, but if only I could verbally express myself to any of you. Typing on my crappy phone doesn't tell you all too much. You don't know me, so your assertion of me is honestly quite inaccurate. Really. I'm only self-centred about self-improvement till I have reached my minimum goals. Otherwise, I acknowledge peoples' viewpoints and like to extrapolate as much good from them before I judge people. I'm arrogant, yes; but only arrogant because I am an inferior in my own world. Quite literally, the greatest inferior.

Look man... You haven't seen the things I've seen, in relation to just what the rich get up to. FOR WHAT? THEY'RE THE 'TALENT'? NO. **** that. I can be that 'talent' too. So I'm the least talented, least smart person I know, as I'm the poorest? WRONG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound a little too crazy, we all want to do well for ourselves, but you sound a bit anal about the whole thing. Chill out, your life could be way worse you entitled little fool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
You sound a little too crazy, we all want to do well for ourselves, but you sound a bit anal about the whole thing. Chill out, your life could be way worse you entitled little fool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, but I fail to empathise with that person in that LECD because I have never been there, and have never experienced what they experience. In my relative circumstances, I'm the "lowest" person I know. Sorry, I probably do sound a tad 'desperate'. But I just like to think of it as me being slightly too insightful, to the point that I may just be spouting exaggerated outcomes... Nonetheless, for now, what I hint at comprises of MANY, MANY TRUTHS, that I have seen. You'd be amazed at how odd my situation is... I'll PM you something...

By the way, entitlement is nothing bad. It's there for the taking. Nobody asked you to be born, to have to then follow and respect the decorum, mantras, leanings and powers of others. I am me, and I need to do something about me to make myself the entitled, established 'winner'... Regardless of any outside input, I have always, ALWAYS, naturally wanted to increase the EXTENSIVENESS of my life... 'Extensiveness' means freedoms. Literally, the freedom for me to get out of this house, and I don't know, be in a nice car, going/travelling somewhere nice, with a purpose, enjoying joys and thrills harder to attain for many, but much more complex and wonderful.

Sorry for the grammatical errors in any of my above posts. I haven't checked them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Indeed, but I fail to empathise with that person in that LECD because I have never been there, and have never experienced what they experience. In my relative circumstances, I'm the "lowest" person I know. Sorry, I probably do sound a tad 'desperate'. But I just like to think of it as a slightly too insightful, to the point that I may just be spouting exaggerated outcomes... Nonetheless, for now, what I hint at comprises of MANY, MANY TRUTHS, that I have seen. You'd be amazed at how odd my situation is... I'll PM you something...

By the way, entitlement is nothing bad. It's there for the taking. Nobody asked you to be born, to have to then follow and respect the decorum, mantras, leanings and powers of others. I am me, and I need to do something about me to make myself the entitled, established 'winner'... Regardless of any outside input, I have always, ALWAYS, naturally wanted to increase the EXTENSIVENESS of my life...

You don't sound desperate, just someone with hunger and enthusiasm to do well. Someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain!
You don't sound desperate, just someone with hunger and enthusiasm to do well. Someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain!

It's only really within the last 3 months I've become this 'hungry' for success, as before I would've called myself unguided about my life. Now I just feel too aware of the consequences of any wrong decisions I make (i.e. doing bad in exams, for now), and I know what I want right now (money and upward social mobility). So, I know that right now I just need to prepare for those 16 exams I may have next year (if I retook all my AS' with A2s), and do very well in them. Additionally, it would be stupid, and a huge injustice on myself, to not do well, considering I'm not even disadvantaged per se. The school I have somehow managed to get into with an academic bursary may hopefully help me to some degree one day... Thanks though lol :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It's only really within the last 3 months I've become this 'hungry' for success, as before I would've called myself unguided about my life. Now I just feel too aware of the consequences of any wrong decisions I make (i.e. doing bad in exams, for now), and I know what I want right now (money and upward social mobility). So, I know that right now I just need to prepare for those 16 exams I may have next year (if I retook all my AS' with A2s), and do very well in them. Additionally, it would be stupid, and a huge injustice on myself, to not do well, considering I'm not even disadvantaged per se. The school I have somehow managed to get into with an academic bursary may hopefully help me to some degree one day... Thanks though lol :smile:

We all learn by our mistakes, i ended up at university of soton, bad grades and working in retail. It was a wake up call by 17/18 i realised, i had to put my **** together, went and retook everything, went to KCL and went on to a corporate grad scheme. Even when you get older your constantly making life influencing decisions. Ive decided to go back to uni,lol.
We all learn by our mistakes, i ended up at university of soton, bad grades and working in retail. It was a wake up call by 17/18 i realised, i had to put my **** together, went and retook everything, went to KCL and went on to a corporate grad scheme. Even when you get older your constantly making life influencing decisions. Ive decided to go back to uni,lol.

University of Southampton? It's not that bad...
Original post by Dilzo999
University of Southampton? It's not that bad...

Schools apart, when you have to explain to certain ignorant employers about soton, compared to KCL or UCL. In the city you do get ignorant HR people, but straight away people have heard where I go to now or been. To be fair Soton was a doss, compared to KCL.
Reply 352
Original post by Jammy Duel
So, they claim that "you can't beat an investment banker" and claim Warren Buffet is proof for this. Well, clearly if he is only third then it is possible to beat an investment banker, surely if you can't beat them they would occupy the entire list, ergo, they are clearly beatable.

There you go responding to the Warren Buffet post again while ignoring the post 2 above it that dismantled your point. That was the whole blooming point. Clearly you haven't learned.
Original post by M1011
There you go responding to the Warren Buffet post again while ignoring the post 2 above it that dismantled your point. That was the whole blooming point. Clearly you haven't learned.

Well, since you seem to have no interest in offering the explanation for what UI am, clearly, missing why should I believe there is any point at all? How do I know you aren't trolling?
Unis for economics: Nottingham, Bristol, Queens Mary, Surrey, Kent, UCL, Exeter

Put them in order, best to worst

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL, Bristol, Queen mary's, Notts, Exeter, Surrey, Kent.
Original post by Slim Shady 96

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Finance, I'd place them:

1. UCL
2. Bristol
3. Nottingham
4. Exeter
5. Queen Mary
6. Kent
7. Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
For Finance, I'd place them:

1. UCL
2. Bristol
3. Nottingham
4. Exeter
5. Queen Mary
6. Kent
7. Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take this guy's advice over mine.
BTW, just wondering, why is QMUL so low?
Original post by de_monies
Define "fully qualified"

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/working-in-the-nhs/pay-and-benefits/agenda-for-change-pay-rates/

A "fully qualified" network technician are pretty much guaranteed to make over 60K at LEAST

Though most won't get there. I accept that Im probably going to be on the 40-45K pay :biggrin:

I was also talking about NHS doctors. I accept that private doctors get paid a lot more,but most doctors in the UK work for the NHS

I know someone in the field your talking about with that qualification and they are on less than 40K.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
I know someone in the field your talking about with that qualification and they are on less than 40K.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CCNP? There definitely will be. It's a lot to do with experience. Looking at real jobs (and not just "Oh look they get paid x" )

Breakdown of wages:

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/ccnp.do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending