The Student Room Group

I'm an Afghan living in London, ASK ME ANYTHING!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by hihoho
Haha I am just joking, you are lyk the proudest afghan in the world!!!!

:hugs: You are a friend :yep:
Original post by Dinaa
Bubakhshi ni ni! Lutfan okosm fikr nako. Ma zyad dar baresh namifamum. Fikr kardum ke afghan wa irani yak chiz ast. But since i've known it was a mistake i just call myself afghan. Nooo m8 i'm so proud. Trust me i'm like the proudest afghan ever. Machum diga zyad irani ha ra namifamum. I'm fullly afghan and i love it! Srs dude. you should ask my friends they know i'm obsessed but i guess i made a mistake. and dnt listen to hihoho hes just mad at me :lol:

Edit: I'm sorry. It was a silly mistake. And ya really need to know that i am not ashamed.
Edit: And i went to a saturday afghan school.. They all called themselves persian. And even the teachers. I went from a very young age so i guess i learnt from them. Dumb dumbs :lol: I'm editing a lot cuz i feel bad :frown: and plus you loled at me which makes me sad :lol: :colondollar:

I feel bad now for calling you out on it but it must be done. A lot of us Tajik Afghans think because we speak Persian and may share DNA with Iranians and be classed as 'Persian' in the broad sense ethnically, it is correct to refer to ourselves as Persian rather than Afghan when asked. This is incorrect and our rights in Iran as citizens are little to none. We are not like them and we have no sense of kinship with them. We are Afghans. The ones who say they're Persian rather than Afghan have a wish to emulate Iranians and be seen as them out of shame for their nation. It encourages divisiveness amongst Afghan people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Reptilian
I feel bad now for calling you out on it but it must be done. A lot of us Tajik Afghans think because we speak Persian and may share DNA with Iranians and be classed as 'Persian' in the broad sense ethnically, it is correct to refer to ourselves as Persian rather than Afghan when asked. This is incorrect and our rights in Iran as citizens are little to none. We are not like them and we have no sense of kinship with them. We are Afghans. The ones who say they're Persian rather than Afghan have a wish to emulate Iranians and be seen as them out of shame for their nation. It encourages divisiveness amongst Afghan people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No don't feel bad, its good you've told me this. I'm learning from my mistakes.
I just don't understand why my Afghan teachers told me i'm Persian. They know i'm fully Kabuli so why would they teach me that :s-smilie: I am a proud Afghan. I don't really know many Iranians except my belly dancing teacher. (When i was a kiddo :colondollar:) And she told me i'm persian too. I guess because i was young , that kind of just stuck with me. Thanks by the way. So you're tajiki?
Original post by Dinaa
No don't feel bad, its good you've told me this. I'm learning from my mistakes.
I just don't understand why my Afghan teachers told me i'm Persian. They know i'm fully Kabuli so why would they teach me that :s-smilie: I am a proud Afghan. I don't really know many Iranians except my belly dancing teacher. (When i was a kiddo :colondollar:) And she told me i'm persian too. I guess because i was young , that kind of just stuck with me. Thanks by the way. So you're tajiki?

The Tajik people were once upon a time descended from Persians/Iranians but by now their phenotype (physical characteristics) and genotype (DNA) has been mixed with other ethnicities in Afghanistan so much, it makes no sense to call themselves Persian although the term is more associated with the language they speak (Dari aka Persian). Some afghans use the word Persian to divide themselves up from other Afghans and seem like they have a lot more in common with Iranian Afghans. Do you feel like your culture and Iranian culture is the same? I'm of mixed ethnicity like almost every other Afghan out there (love is blind isn't it?) probably equal amounts Tajik and Pashtun and a little Uzbek, Turkmen possibly Hazara but what does that matter, aren't we all Afghans :smile:

Oh and the term is sometimes used as a way of hating Pashtuns because the term Awghan was originally used to described Pashtuns centuries ago but obviously now the word 'Afghan''s meaning has changed to mean all citizens of Afghanistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 384
Original post by Reptilian
The Tajik people were once upon a time descended from Persians/Iranians but by now their phenotype (physical characteristics) and genotype (DNA) has been mixed with other ethnicities in Afghanistan so much, it makes no sense to call themselves Persian although the term is more associated with the language they speak (Dari aka Persian). Some afghans use the word Persian to divide themselves up from other Afghans and seem like they have a lot more in common with Iranian Afghans. Do you feel like your culture and Iranian culture is the same? I'm of mixed ethnicity like almost every other Afghan out there (love is blind isn't it?) probably equal amounts Tajik and Pashtun and a little Uzbek, Turkmen possibly Hazara but what does that matter, aren't we all Afghans :smile:

Oh and the term is sometimes used as a way of hating Pashtuns because the term Awghan was originally used to described Pashtuns centuries ago but obviously now the word 'Afghan''s meaning has changed to mean all citizens of Afghanistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you're right! We are all afghans. Its absolutely ridiculous. For example on Youtube you watch an Afghan video, but seeing the comments is just annoying. Pashtoon hating on Farsi zabanha. Iranians hating Afghans. Americans just dissing -.- And its just crazy. We are all Afghans there is no need to argue or fight over small things. And no, i just used to call my self Persian because i was taught to :s-smilie: I speak Dari and yes i guess i'm a mix too :smile: My mum is fully kabuli but my dad is kabuli and something else. Something pashto. But he doesn't speak Pashto. He has an amazing eye colour. It wasn't passed down to any of us.. :frown: I like your attitude bro and i pray for peace and sulh in Afghanistan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by Dinaa
:hugs: You are a friend :yep:

Nah, I am more than that. :sexface:
Reply 386
Original post by hihoho
Nah, I am more than that. :sexface:

Reply 387
Original post by Dinaa

Reply 388
Original post by hihoho

Reply 389
Original post by Dinaa

Reply 391
Original post by hihoho

Reply 392
Reply 393
Original post by Dinaa

Reply 394
Original post by Dinaa
yeaah biig mistake -.-
She doesn't cook anymore and she goes on holiday summer time for 3months and winter time for a month or two ;l

s

so she leaves you alone

lol
got a question, what do afghans thinks about pakistanis and hazaras, this is to the pashtuns out there
Reply 396
Original post by Alibibi
s

so she leaves you alone

lol

yeah :lol: :cry2:
Reply 397
I-i'm not pashto..

So i don't know if i should join.. Wouldn't it have been better as Afghan Society?
So all people from Afghanistan could join ?
Original post by Dinaa
I-i'm not pashto..

So i don't know if i should join.. Wouldn't it have been better as Afghan Society?
So all people from Afghanistan could join ?

I made an Afghan society thread. Check the link I posted above. The Pashtun society is probably for Pakistani Pashtuns mainly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 399
Original post by navarre
My girlfriend is Afghan. She's from the North, and speaks Dari (she doesn't speak Pashtun). I have a couple of questions:

-Do you speak Dari?
-Do you hate it when people call you Afghani? My gf hates it as the Afghani is the currency and she is Afghan, not a bit of money.

no i don't and no i don't. its a common misunderstanding when people call me afghani but they're not being offensive so it doesn't bother me, i just get on with things and tell them its afghan. oh wow you have an afghan girlfriend? thats nice, you white?
Original post by Roger1
Have you ever been bullied for being an Afghan or Muslim?
Ever had any girlfriends?
Do you pray 5 times a day?
When did you last visit Afghanistan?

no i've never been bullied rofl.
ive had one .. i dont wunna classify her as my girlfriend but it was something like that
i try to pray 5 times a day, sometimes i miss out a prayer or two but im tryna fix that up
i visited afghanistan two summers ago, was amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest