The Student Room Group

Terrified to go back to university after loosing friends and boyfriend from breakup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nebulan123
Yeah :frown:. I go to Imperial which is in the center of London as well so finding a house was very very difficult. I was naive and never ever thought that he would once dump me. I thought my mates would have always been by my side and actually dumped him rather than me. But I guess not.

Sorry, I probably sounded too harsh there. I just know that trying to find a house with a couple in it this year turned out to be a big, big mistake. Luckily I had friends to fall back on when they broke up (messily).
You live and learn :smile:
Reply 21
My guy friends are extremely immature so they follow people easily. Just like I did, and that's how I became friends with them. They had more reason to believe him because I mean any guy who saw a female crying her eyes out would think she is insane and not acting right. All my life I have had male friends because I am a massive video gamer, but the truth is on an emotional level male friends are not as compatible. They don't understand why I am upset I got dumped. In addition to that a lot of them are emotionally awkward too, like Moss from IT crowd. To them it just makes no sense how I am bitter with my ex for dumping me. Honestly they say I am overreacting for being depressed.

Exactly, get a softie for a friend. Guys on the whole don't do emotions, there are exceptions of course. Seriously, make friends with some girls because gamer guys tend to be socially awkward (trust me I'm a small one).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Harvey Dent
Sorry, I probably sounded too harsh there. I just know that trying to find a house with a couple in it this year turned out to be a big, big mistake. Luckily I had friends to fall back on when they broke up (messily).
You live and learn :smile:

At the end of the day break-ups will be messy, especially if the relationship was as serious as mine. I mean noone wants to be dumped by the 'guy who was supposedly going to engage you'. The truth is I will never be able to be friends with him no matter how hard I try. Especially after the amount of **** he put me through, but he is fine being friends because the break-up didn't really effect him. Probably another reason why my friends ditched me.
Reply 23
Original post by Andy98
Exactly, get a softie for a friend. Guys on the whole don't do emotions, there are exceptions of course. Seriously, make friends with some girls because gamer guys tend to be socially awkward (trust me I'm a small one).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alot of the time I verge away from females is because of interests and drama. Don't know why but many females get very bitchy with me because I am naturally extroverted, so they think I am flirting and trying to steal their boyfriends when honestly... I am just making friends! I am not the one to go around to pick-up men, but they automatically assume I am just because I am holding a conversation. But yes, it's probably a good idea to make more female friends.
Reply 24
Alot of the time I verge away from females is because of interests and drama. Don't know why but many females get very bitchy with me because I am naturally extroverted, so they think I am flirting and trying to steal their boyfriends when honestly... I am just making friends! I am not the one to go around to pick-up men, but they automatically assume I am just because I am holding a conversation. But yes, it's probably a good idea to make more female friends.

I know the struggles - there are no true gentlemen anymore so I always get accused of flirting when I'm just a nice guy (at least I like to think of myself as one).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Andy98
I know the struggles - there are no true gentlemen anymore so I always get accused of flirting when I'm just a nice guy (at least I like to think of myself as one).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally understand you. I rarely fall in love or even feel attraction, yet I am always accused of flirting. -_- ugh.
Reply 26
I totally understand you. I rarely fall in love or even feel attraction, yet I am always accused of flirting. -_- ugh.

I know it's a pain in the ass. If I wasn't 16 I might have rocked the boat and solved both problems in one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Andy98
I know it's a pain in the ass. If I wasn't 16 I might have rocked the boat and solved both problems in one

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are still young, I am 21!
Reply 28
You are still young, I am 21!

Chronologically maybe, mentally I'm about 40 and physically I'm worse than Yoda

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. I think is a bit insane to transfer to another uni because of a breakup, I mean I came there at the start for my degree in the end of the day, not him. I got into a quite ok uni so it seems wasteful to leave it, but all I want to do is leave it. I mean I got into imperial college london and when I got my results I actually missed the grade for it but I was still accepted. I don't think I will ever get a chance or make the grade for a uni like Imperial again if I leave it, but I don't want to stay there. You are right, and thank you for the advice. Could I maybe private message you or something to understand how you got over it?

I know many people will say, well if you got into Imperial why did you waste your opportunity? I wasn't wise like many of the other students there and was very naive. You can have good grades and still be a retard. If I am honest in Imperial not many people would be in my situation, to be honest not many of them would be socializing as much as I was, they are smarter than that. I don't think they would even live with someone they were dating. I am not like the majority of them.

of course you can private message me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending