The Student Room Group

Btecs and A-levels

Hello,
I'm currently in my first year of sixth form (going into year 13) and I am studying; English Literature and Language, World Development, Business and I.t.
I am currently at the stage with my sixth form of looking at which courses and unis we would like to apply to.
However, on the UCAS website I see that the entry requirements for most of what I am looking at are AAB-ABB. I am lost as to whether this includes my two Btec courses for which I am predicted Distinctions in both.
On the UCAS website, it also provides BTEC requirements.
Reply 2
Yes I also saw that. However, I don't know whether that means I could get accepted for a place which requires me to have AAB if say my predicted grades in my A-levels were BB and in Btec Distinction Distinction.
Reply 3
Original post by JAndre96
Yes I also saw that. However, I don't know whether that means I could get accepted for a place which requires me to have AAB if say my predicted grades in my A-levels were BB and in Btec Distinction Distinction.

Generally you will be OK but you need to look at what the university website says for more information. Failing that, ring them up and ask.
Hello,
I'm currently in my first year of sixth form (going into year 13) and I am studying; English Literature and Language, World Development, Business and I.t.
I am currently at the stage with my sixth form of looking at which courses and unis we would like to apply to.
However, on the UCAS website I see that the entry requirements for most of what I am looking at are AAB-ABB. I am lost as to whether this includes my two Btec courses for which I am predicted Distinctions in both.

What level is the BTEC qualification, and what is it in?
Reply 5
Original post by hellodave5
What level is the BTEC qualification, and what is it in?

Btec National Award for both in I.T and Business
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Generally you will be OK but you need to look at what the university website says for more information. Failing that, ring them up and ask.

Okay, thanks for your advice!
Btec National Award for both in I.T and Business

Know the level?
When did you do them? GCSE?
Only A level equiverlant (level 2 and 3) count towards UCAS I think.
Reply 8
National Award is Level 3 and nominally equivalent to one A-Level. Thought it was called Subsidiary Diploma these days though,

Quick Reply

Latest