The Student Room Group

I'm getting real tired of your **** high street clothes stores!

Ugggh! So basically I'm looking for bikinis because I want (and kind of need) to start swimming again because I have nothing else to do until September and I could do with the exercise.

BUT it's annoying and hard as **** being able to find cup sized bikinis that are not only in the correct size but also the correct style for me boobs and it's literally driving me to tears at this point. It also doesn't help that I am broke as **** and in my overdraft so I can't be spending like £30 on this, I'm looking preferably to spend £10 which seems to be easy enough if you're a "normal" size. Not only that but the sizing changes depending on store so whenever I'm looking I'm not sure what I should be getting as I can fit in a 32DD a 30E or even a 28F.

Grrr so angry, want to cry. Rant over.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Go on Ebay then and buy from a power seller.
Who does swimming in a bikini? Maybe just get a one-piece?
Go for what corresponds with your underbust. If you measure 28" under, go for a 28F.

And I feel you. I'm a 30G/ 28GG, lol no one makes bikinis other than Bravissimo. Thank god I have a loyalty card.

look on the fig leaves outlet :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
All right, no need for the melodrama.

You could try looking online for your specific requirements. And I'm sure you're not the only one with this problem so it shouldn't be hard to find advice.
Original post by Holby_fanatic

Most people? Even a one piece you want cup sized, I wouldn't wear just a generic swimsuit, it squishes your boobs and feels weird
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Most people? Even a one piece you want cup sized, I wouldn't wear just a generic swimsuit, it squishes your boobs and feels weird

If I'm actually going swimming I'd wear a one piece, personally. Bikinis just seem impractical to me, I guess...

The difficulty in finding my size in one pieces is just as high, and I want to get a bikini so I can get shorts for the bottom as I HATE the style of bikini briefs and one piece brief bottoms which just make my ass look like a whale, I honestly don't think they even look flattering on the models they just like granny pants.
If I'm actually going swimming I'd wear a one piece, personally. Bikinis just seem impractical to me, I guess...

If it fits properly it shouldn't be impractical.
Original post by tengentoppa
All right, no need for the melodrama.

You could try looking online for your specific requirements. And I'm sure you're not the only one with this problem so it shouldn't be hard to find advice.

Funny enough I have been looking online for the past week...

As if I'd be stupid enough to get angry without actually having grievously looked to no avail first.
I know that feeling, it seems impossible for high street stores to accommodate for small or large busts. I've been looking for something that's 32/34A for a very long time but all my local stores seem to only stock B cup and up.
Original post by SophieSmall
The difficulty in finding my size in one pieces is just as high, and I want to get a bikini so I can get shorts for the bottom as I HATE the style of bikini briefs and one piece brief bottoms which just make my ass look like a whale, I honestly don't think they even look flattering on the models they just like granny pants.

Hahaha, that last bit! I don't even swim that much so I don't even know why I commented, to be honest. I think you might have to make a small investment if you really can't find ones that fit...

If it fits properly it shouldn't be impractical.

Meh, it's probably just my preference.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Go on Ebay then and buy from a power seller.

I've got a few things on my watch list on eBay at the moment I'm just unsure if they'll fit correctly and they're non-returnable so I'm hesitant to take the risk.
Reply 13
Piks?
Hahaha, that last bit! I don't even swim that much so I don't even know why I commented, to be honest. I think you might have to make a small investment if you really can't find ones that fit...

Meh, it's probably just my preference.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from but there's no pint me making an investment because I'm only going to lose weight and it won't fit any more so not point spending a bunch of money
Original post by AmyAintDead
I know that feeling, it seems impossible for high street stores to accommodate for small or large busts. I've been looking for something that's 32/34A for a very long time but all my local stores seem to only stock B cup and up.

This. Seems to only cater to medium boobed, which is really annoying for both.
Go for what corresponds with your underbust. If you measure 28" under, go for a 28F.

And I feel you. I'm a 30G/ 28GG, lol no one makes bikinis other than Bravissimo. Thank god I have a loyalty card.

look on the fig leaves outlet :smile:

I measure 29.5 underbust, but having said that my best fitting and most supportive bra is a 32DD which is strange
Original post by SophieSmall
I measure 29.5 underbust, but having said that my best fitting and most supportive bra is a 32DD which is strange

Try a 30E in that case :smile:

I measure 27" and wear a 30 or 28, both are comfy
Original post by AmyAintDead

Are you determined to get a fitted cup? Because you'll probably be able to get away with just getting a generic size 6 or 8 bikini top, unless you really need the support of an under-wire?
Swimming = One-piece swimming costume

Quick Reply

Latest