The Student Room Group

I'm getting real tired of your **** high street clothes stores!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EatAndRevise
They can, yes, but swimming in a one-piece costume allows the wear to swim faster than in a bikini. Also, in my opinion, it looks rather strange for someone to wear a bikini whilst swimming.

Once again, if you get a proper fitted bikini (and you know you can get sports bikinis) then you shouldn't have any sort of disadvantage while swimming.
Original post by Qari
go to a shopping centre. look up a store that might sell what you need and see if it somewhere you can afford to make the journey and also that they allow you to try the stuff on as well

I have been doing >.<
Reply 42
Original post by SophieSmall
I have been doing >.<

oh, well then good luck. and don't give up
Once again, if you get a proper fitted bikini (and you know you can get sports bikinis) then you shouldn't have any sort of disadvantage while swimming.

Nope, one-piece suits make the swimmer create less drag when moving through the water. There is a reason competitive swimmers wear them and not bikinis, and not just for style.
Original post by Qari
oh, well then good luck. and don't give up

Thanks :tongue: I'll try not to give up again like I did last year
Nope, one-piece suits make the swimmer create less drag when moving through the water. There is a reason competitive swimmers wear them and not bikinis, and not just for style.

I'm not looking to be a competitive swimmer I just want to swim, I'm looking to feel comfortable with my body and ****ing swim wear. If you don't have any advice as to wear I can find the swimwear I'm looking for I don't understand why you are here.
Reply 46
Thanks :tongue: I'll try not to give up again like I did last year

NP how long did you spend looking last year?
Original post by zKlown
Piks?

At least you tried
I'm not looking to be a competitive swimmer I just want to swim, I'm looking to feel comfortable with my body and ****ing swim wear. If you don't have any advice as to wear I can find the swimwear I'm looking for I don't understand why you are here.

I was recommending you buy a one-piece instead of a bikini.
Original post by Qari
NP how long did you spend looking last year?

About a month, I am seeing more selection as the years go on though. If I don't find any this year maybe next year will be my year :')
I was recommending you buy a one-piece instead of a bikini.

I have already stated why I do not want a one piece, I also did not ask other people to tell me what they think is best I wear.
I have already stated why I do not want a one piece, I also did not ask other people to tell me what they think is best I wear.

That is fine, I was making a recommendation and I am pleased to see that you cannot simply acknowledge it and decline it. There is no need to get so worked-up.
Ahh that's a shame.

I believe the reason most shops don't accommodate more sizes especially larger sizes is because the majority of women wear the wrong bra size and think they are a much smaller cup size (and often think they are a larger band size) than they actually are, so the shops don't seem to think the demand is there because almost everyone is wearing the wrong size.

Yeah, totally get ya. I still find it so odd why women still wear the wrong bra size as it's so easy to get it figured out. Hopefully we'll stop having this problem in future!
Original post by Holby_fanatic
If I'm actually going swimming I'd wear a one piece, personally. Bikinis just seem impractical to me, I guess...

Are you fat?
Original post by AmyAintDead
Yeah, totally get ya. I still find it so odd why women still wear the wrong bra size as it's so easy to get it figured out. Hopefully we'll stop having this problem in future!

I sure hope so as well, it'll mean a mucher larger range in stores. It shocks me as well, when I first found out my actually size I was wearing 34Bs! when I'm supposed to be a 32DD-30E which just seemed insane.
Reply 55
I found a nice one from Asos (32D but I think they go reasonably high) in the sale, it's a bit on the flimsy side but the actual fit is better than most others I've found. Generally I think it's better to get a decent quality one in your size in sales than try and fit into one that starts off at the right price but is compromised on the fit.
Original post by hello101010
Are you fat?

Like a whale, of course.

Nah, I'm not fat. I just associate bikinis more with beaches or just messing around in a pool. For some reason, if I was to do a proper swimming session I would always opt for a one-piece.
Original post by jm925
I found a nice one from Asos (32D but I think they go reasonably high) in the sale, it's a bit on the flimsy side but the actual fit is better than most others I've found. Generally I think it's better to get a decent quality one in your size in sales than try and fit into one that starts off at the right price but is compromised on the fit.

I have been looking on asos and there are few that I like the look of it's just the price :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by Darkwarrior23
At least you tried

And failed :frown:
Reply 59
About a month, I am seeing more selection as the years go on though. If I don't find any this year maybe next year will be my year :')

That's the spirit, never give up :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending