The Student Room Group

Finished a 3 year law degree at a good uni, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Not them. I suggest you don't try guessing as you're not getting anymore than that out of me.
Original post by butter_god
Not them. I suggest you don't try guessing as you're not getting anymore than that out of me.

I'm not trying to guess, just meant somewhere like that. I absolutely get not giving firm, God knows no one wants a magician turning up at their door, I generally admit to 'somewhere small and american/somewhere like skadden'.

You might want to edit out uni, if anyone who knows you from the firm saw it they might put it together.
Reply 22
Original post by Le Nombre
I'm not trying to guess, just meant somewhere like that. I absolutely get not giving firm, God knows no one wants a magician turning up at their door, I generally admit to 'somewhere small and american/somewhere like skadden'.

You might want to edit out uni, if anyone who knows you from the firm saw it they might put it together.

Actually, no. None are on TSR. Plus I don't have anything incriminating to hide.
Actually, no. None are on TSR. Plus I don't have anything incriminating to hide.

Fair play, I just wouldn't fancy the risk of HR stalking around without a 'views are my own' disclaimer like twitter.

Is your TC 2015? Looking forward to LPC?
Reply 24
No, applying for 2016 intake. I don't want to risk an LPC with no TC.

I doubt this account will do much for my chances/lack of chances. As I said, nothing incriminating or anything which will add up to misconduct in anyone's eyes.
It's there on my profile.

oh my bad :colondollar:
Oh right, yeah if you're still applying probably less risk, I was thinking you had a TC and know some HRs have a look on TSR/RoF (probably more the latter) to see if any of their future trainees are misbehaving.

What was your favourite module? (Oddly, I liked Equity).
Reply 27
Nombre- actually equity was my favourite.

Makes sense for HR to look at RoF especially- but this site is really harmless. I doubt you have company secrets spilt ect. Surely everyone has something online these days which they are not proud of- HR are people too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nombre- actually equity was my favourite.

Makes sense for HR to look at RoF especially- but this site is really harmless. I doubt you have company secrets spilt ect. Surely everyone has something online these days which they are not proud of- HR are people too.

I think it's less secrets, not many future trainees will know where the bodies are buried, but saying negative things about the firm.

Think as just an applicant you're pretty safe, though I suppose if you start saying some really outrageous stuff, even as a personal opinion, they'd be wary,
Reply 29
Every place I've worked at have had their pros and cons; but generally lovely. So no complaints there apart from the odd squabble about the thermostat or the swearing at the computer which doesn't want to work and is plotting revenge on the user.

How did you revise for exams?
How detailed were your notes?
How much of hard work did you put in?
Was it really hard?
What advise would you give to a 1st year Law student?

Quick Reply

Latest