The Student Room Group

No economics a level

Ok given that I get the grades I will be doing a degree with both maths and economics in it starting October. However I didn't do economics a level.. so I need to learn some before I start the degree as I may struggle.
I don't know how to go about doing this, do I buy an a level textbook or should I watch videos online? or even both?
Original post by 123formyabc
Ok given that I get the grades I will be doing a degree with both maths and economics in it starting October. However I didn't do economics a level.. so I need to learn some before I start the degree as I may struggle.
I don't know how to go about doing this, do I buy an a level textbook or should I watch videos online? or even both?

It's fine, dont worry if you haven't done economics, I don't even think economics as an A level is a big issue when enrolling onto an economics undergraduate degree. Like you mentioned already, the best bet so far is to buy as book and go over the bare essentials of micro and macro economics. It could be beneficial in some way to possible get notes and a a textbook your friends used for their A level in economics.
Original post by the greatest
It's fine, dont worry if you haven't done economics, I don't even think economics as an A level is a big issue when enrolling onto an economics undergraduate degree. Like you mentioned already, the best bet so far is to buy as book and go over the bare essentials of micro and macro economics. It could be beneficial in some way to possible get notes and a a textbook your friends used for their A level in economics.

ok mate thanks, say if it is not possible to do that - is their an economics text book you would recommend?
Just learn about aggregate supply and demand. Normal supply and demand with the diagrams. Policy options in supply, monetary and fiscal.
Original post by 123formyabc
ok mate thanks, say if it is not possible to do that - is their an economics text book you would recommend?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-John-Sloman/dp/0273763121

really good introductory book i found on the subject, goes over the bare essentials, that with your foundation in school mathematics should be more than enough to cope with 1st year in your degree!
Original post by the greatest
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-John-Sloman/dp/0273763121

really good introductory book i found on the subject, goes over the bare essentials, that with your foundation in school mathematics should be more than enough to cope with 1st year in your degree!

Thanks I'll try that.
Original post by Alex-Torres
Just learn about aggregate supply and demand. Normal supply and demand with the diagrams. Policy options in supply, monetary and fiscal.

Thanks for your feedback I'll look into that.

Quick Reply

Latest