The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Cyrus Christie the next to desert the sunken ship, heading to Derby for a 'compensation fee'.
Original post by billybo_h
Just had a look; £12 million up front, with a potential rise to £15.

That must be the largest, surely.

Darren Bent went to Spurs for something like £18m after Charlton were relegated.

Zaha was £10m rising to £15m with addons, none of which would have been triggered yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Midlander
Cyrus Christie the next to desert the sunken ship, heading to Derby for a 'compensation fee'.

How do you rate him, out of interest?

We're in dire need of a RB after Wisdom's return to Liverpool and I think everyone was expecting a more high-profile replacement (assuming he's been brought in to compete for first XI).

Seen a lot of mixed reviews from Coventry fans though. Quite poor for you last year apparently.
Oh, while I'm here, guys...

I've just started writing for this website called The Match. They're wanting multiple writers for all of the Football League clubs, people who are passionate and want to sing their club's praises or just have a rant about the state of affairs (Midlander, I'm looking at you :tongue:).

So yeah, not spam. Just thought some of you might be interested if you've got some free time :smile:
Original post by Scott129
How do you rate him, out of interest?

We're in dire need of a RB after Wisdom's return to Liverpool and I think everyone was expecting a more high-profile replacement (assuming he's been brought in to compete for first XI).

Seen a lot of mixed reviews from Coventry fans though. Quite poor for you last year apparently.

He can't put in a tackle to save his life and he can't cross to save it either. In his favour though is his athleticism and ability to take players on. If you can teach him how to cross I would actually play him as a winger since defensively he's a huge liability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott129
Oh, while I'm here, guys...

I've just started writing for this website called The Match. They're wanting multiple writers for all of the Football League clubs, people who are passionate and want to sing their club's praises or just have a rant about the state of affairs (Midlander, I'm looking at you :tongue:).

So yeah, not spam. Just thought some of you might be interested if you've got some free time :smile:

Nice one Scott, will have a look at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1386
I support Luton Town FC. I'm looking forward to seeing football league football again after playing in the non league, a back to back promotion a real possibility. Can't wait for Pompey away if there are any Portsmouth fans on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fans of FL clubs everywhere should watch this:

[video="youtube;-uaahO8K-pA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaahO8K-pA[/video]

Bring back our club!
Reply 1388
As a Luton fan I can understand that, the FA and FL still fail to support lower league clubs. However, it's also not fair that Luton were deducted 30 points in a season and Pompey and Sky Blues only 10 in one season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gghjk
As a Luton fan I can understand that, the FA and FL still fail to support lower league clubs. However, it's also not fair that Luton were deducted 30 points in a season and Pompey and Sky Blues only 10 in one season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our administration was quite different in that it was not down to the club being in financial difficulty but actually an attempt by the owners to hold onto the club (which succeeded).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watford now sign Juan Carlos Paredes, Ecuadorian right-back, on a 5-year deal... Some very good transfer business done so far by the club!:biggrin:
Blackpool team today: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

Apparently they have 8 registered players and their manager is about to resign already, 3 weeks before the season starts. What the hell? Makes the likes of Coventry, Leeds & Portsmouth seem well run.
Original post by sr90
Blackpool team today: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

Apparently they have 8 registered players and their manager is about to resign already, 3 weeks before the season starts. What the hell? Makes the likes of Coventry, Leeds & Portsmouth seem well run.

Its not right, surely there's no way the FL can allow this. Completely unfair, exploitig a serious loophole. Ruining modern football.
Original post by CraigWM
Its not right, surely there's no way the FL can allow this. Completely unfair, exploitig a serious loophole. Ruining modern football.

By fielding triallists in a friendly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
By fielding triallists in a friendly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's being sarcastic.
Original post by sr90
He's being sarcastic.

I gathered that.
Original post by sr90

Either way, if Blackpool stay up it'll be a miracle. They were crap last year with a full squad. The Oystons are awful owners, and the only amusing part is the flak Karl Oyston's teenage son gets on Twitter because of his dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
Either way, if Blackpool stay up it'll be a miracle. They were crap last year with a full squad. The Oystons are awful owners, and the only amusing part is the flak Karl Oyston's teenage son gets on Twitter because of his dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that amusing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a Gateshead fan new to the forums. Had a great season under Gary Mills last year, ending at Wembley but couldn't beat Cambridge to get promotion to the League. Looking good this year so far, brought back Jon Shaw who scored 35 goals in 50 games in 11/12 for us, JJ O'Donnell from Luton who featured heavily in the promotion campaign, as well as big target man Michael Rankine, Lewis Guy, Tom Allan, Alex Rodman and Andrai Jones. We're a mad bunch, not the biggest crowds but we're trying really hard to boost the numbers.
Original post by liamjmilburn
I'm a Gateshead fan new to the forums. Had a great season under Gary Mills last year, ending at Wembley but couldn't beat Cambridge to get promotion to the League. Looking good this year so far, brought back Jon Shaw who scored 35 goals in 50 games in 11/12 for us, JJ O'Donnell from Luton who featured heavily in the promotion campaign, as well as big target man Michael Rankine, Lewis Guy, Tom Allan, Alex Rodman and Andrai Jones. We're a mad bunch, not the biggest crowds but we're trying really hard to boost the numbers.

That the same Gary Mills who was a coach at Cov over a decade ago? Small world.

Quick Reply

Latest