The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

laundry cost

How much does a load of laundry and drying cost?
Reply 1
In my halls, it was a rip off to the point where I would try my hardest to do as little washing as possible.

I think it was £2.50 to wash and £2.50 to dry. The washers were not laundrette size, they were average size which meant it would cost me about £10 a week for my clothes, bedding and towels.
I would have used a clothes airer to dry them but literally had no room for one.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
You can air dry? There's room?

And cost differ per dorm?
Reply 3
The laundry in Kilvey this year was £2 for washing and £1 for drying.
Reply 4
Prisili?
Reply 5
There's only laundry facilities in Kilvey and Cefn Bryn (which I assume costs the same), and you can use either of them regardless of which hall you're in.
Reply 6
The above poster said they're really small washers.
Reply 7
That poster also said it costs more. They're not massive but I found they were big enough for beddings, towels and some clothes. If you have loads of stuff then it could take two washes.
Reply 8
there are launderettes in cefn bryn and kilvey- I lived in cefn bryn for a year and they're incredibly temperamental, it once took 3 rounds in the dryer to dry my clothes. speaking from experience!
Reply 9
Original post by jpgthfc
there are launderettes in cefn bryn and kilvey- I lived in cefn bryn for a year and they're incredibly temperamental, it once took 3 rounds in the dryer to dry my clothes. speaking from experience!

Presili?
Reply 10
Original post by tyw7
Presili?

Preseli is across from cefn bryn, but kilvey is only slightly further if you want to do laundry there. £2 for a wash and £1 for a dry
Reply 11
It cost £2.20 to wash and £1.10 to dry.

Quick Reply

Latest