The Student Room Group

Question about applying for PGDE in Scotland...?

Are observation days in schools in England accepted as valid experience for getting accepted on the PGDE??
Reply 1
Anyone???
Reply 2
I've just done a PGCE in England but originally from Scotland so hope I can help you (I looked into doing a PGDE in a lot of detail before deciding)! From my understanding, they would want you to have experience in a Scottish school - the curriculums are totally different, and you need to be able to understand that, and how the curriculum works, going into your PGDE. Any experience is good experience though, and you can certainly put it on your application that you have some days in an English school (it'll definitely help), but you really need to get some experience in a Scottish school as well. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by el244
I've just done a PGCE in England but originally from Scotland so hope I can help you (I looked into doing a PGDE in a lot of detail before deciding)! From my understanding, they would want you to have experience in a Scottish school - the curriculums are totally different, and you need to be able to understand that, and how the curriculum works, going into your PGDE. Any experience is good experience though, and you can certainly put it on your application that you have some days in an English school (it'll definitely help), but you really need to get some experience in a Scottish school as well. Good luck!

In your case did you have to do some observation days in English schools?
Reply 4
Original post by kelpic
In your case did you have to do some observation days in English schools?

Yes - I went to university in England though so that wasn't a problem for me. (Also it was useful for me to understand the English system, since I went through the Scottish system!) :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending