The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll probably lmao if an everyday average frustrated loser lady slap my face. I would probably have to buy her some cold water to treat her hand. Hahahaha.

@MAID MARIAN: NO GUY WOULD EVER SLAP j00!!!
Reply 61
Original post by zippity.doodah
if I'm not allowed to hit a woman for hitting me, then I'm sorry, but what exactly is the difference between a woman and an oversized child? if women are supposed to be *this* pathetic then that's honestly great for my self-esteem as a man in this society - I feel very respected for being above women in that sense :lol: I'll be telling the females on this website that it's their bed time in a few minutes too in this case

physically?sort of.
mentally?nah.
Know the difference.
Original post by P357
physically?sort of.
mentally?nah.
Know the difference.

a lot of them are both, actually.
but either way, if it was a very weak man taking on a normal man, that wouldn't be taboo, so I don't see any reason why it should be taboo for a woman to be hit in the same manner if she's got the balls to fight a stronger person
Reply 63
a lot of them are both, actually.
but either way, if it was a very weak man taking on a normal man, that wouldn't be taboo, so I don't see any reason why it should be taboo for a woman to be hit in the same manner if she's got the balls to fight a stronger person

a lot of people are stupid in general-shock horror.
Truth be told, I honestly don't think that if,saaaay,a really really really camp 5ft 2 skinny gay dude slapped a girl many people would do much....On the contrary,if a rugby player took on said camp gay dude most people would cringe(at best).So it's not really ALL determined by what sex organ you've got.
As for difference between weak male and normal female-well,most people would react because the female gender as a whole is intrinsically weaker.Whereas some skinny guy who doesn't workout has himself to blame and let's face it,not many ultra-nerds go around slapping athletes anw.
Original post by P357
a lot of people are stupid in general-shock horror.
Truth be told, I honestly don't think that if,saaaay,a really really really camp 5ft 2 skinny gay dude slapped a girl many people would do much....On the contrary,if a rugby player took on said camp gay dude most people would cringe(at best).So it's not really ALL determined by what sex organ you've got.
As for difference between weak male and normal female-well,most people would react because the female gender as a whole is intrinsically weaker.Whereas some skinny guy who doesn't workout has himself to blame and let's face it,not many ultra-nerds go around slapping athletes anw.

not quite what I was getting at; I meant that they cry, winge, moan and expect more things to be done for them, e.g. like children
and why are you using an example of a gay dude hitting a girl? I was talking about weak men hitting stronger men. even still, if a gay guy (let's forget about height because that's not so much a factor seeing as strength hasn't got anything to do with height pound for pound) punched a girl, I still very much suspect that everybody's ears would prick up. and still, women *can* work out just like guys - don't excuse them for their weaker bodies, because there's literally nothing stopping them from bettering their muscles just like guys can. guys may have it better right off the bat but so what? is it all revolvant around that? I've met plently of strong girls who work out, and I know plenty of guys that are bony as hell
Original post by StevieA
So many times in movies, shows or real life the woman slaps the man because he just said something that hurt her feelings and nobody even blinks at her violent reaction, if anything it is seen as appropriate and the man deserved it (see the recent case of JayZ when the most asked question was ''what did he do?''). So I ask you, would it be as acceptable if a man slapped a woman every single time she hurt his feelings?

I notice, women are increasing using violence against men because they know that they can get away with it more!

Men are seen as expendable in society, this is why women get away with all the double standards.
i've slapped so many girls its insane, it usually scars them for life though so they'll remember me.
Reply 67
not quite what I was getting at; I meant that they cry, winge, moan and expect more things to be done for them, e.g. like children
oh right.sorry about the misinterpretation. May be...

and why are you using an example of a gay dude hitting a girl? I was talking about weak men hitting stronger men. even still, if a gay guy (let's forget about height because that's not so much a factor seeing as strength hasn't got anything to do with height pound for pound) punched a girl, I still very much suspect that everybody's ears would prick up. and still, women *can* work out just like guys - don't excuse them for their weaker bodies, because there's literally nothing stopping them from bettering their muscles just like guys can. guys may have it better right off the bat but so what? is it all revolvant around that? I've met plently of strong girls who work out, and I know plenty of guys that are bony as hell

I used the camp guy example to sort of illustrate a point- if an extremely feminine(that's for both looks and behavior-so height as well,because shorties are perceived as more feminine) camp male would slap a girl(and that's not fighting,just being a bitch) not many people would do very much-I mean i HIGHLY doubt any guy around would pin this sort of tiny(in all respects) camp gay dude(who may or may not wear makeup)to a wall because of it.
The point i'm making is that the double-standard hasn't got much to do with the presence of a penis which is what everyone's saying.Women can work out,a few might even be stronger than nerdy guys but that's largely irrelevant. I was referring to the female gender as a whole-it is intrinsically physically weaker,hence the protective instinct tougher guys tend to have over them,hence the social view that they need to be the "protected" sex(and to an extent,gender roles).It's not that some bitch has a free-pass to be a violent moron to whomsoever she wishes, it's more that it's a strongly encoded belief(heck,i could even argue,to a biological level) that a member of the stronger sex shouldn't harm one of the weaker sex. Hence the social outrage when the opposite takes place.
it is wrong for any individual to initiate violence unless in self defence
if a woman slapped me for "hurting her feelings" I'd *punch* her back;
violence is a man's game, so if she wants to play that game, she's inviting me to treat her like a man as well
you can't just expect the other side to just stand there and take it; you don't have a license to not be offended in this world.

No, you do not react to violence with violence if the assailant can be restrained.
Original post by Maid Marian
Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.

But I thought women had higher tolerances for pain ie. pregnancy and such.
Original post by aka r
How can she slap!

[video="youtube;ndX2RFHmMNg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndX2RFHmMNg[/video]

Lol
Those films scared me off talking to women for ages! I always was afraid of getting slapped by a women if she didn't like me.

Guess what. Most women are NICE and don't slap men. In fact I've NEVER seen a woman slap a man before. This must just be some weird hollywood/American thing. Most women don't want to hurt men's feelings even if they are creepy creepsters.

Have YOU ever seen a woman slap a man? I doubt it.
Reply 72
Original post by Last Day Lepers
Lol

0:25

"Oughh"...."AAugggg"
Original post by noobynoo
Those films scared me off talking to women for ages! I always was afraid of getting slapped by a women if she didn't like me.

Guess what. Most women are NICE and don't slap men. In fact I've NEVER seen a woman slap a man before. This must just be some weird hollywood/American thing. Most women don't want to hurt men's feelings even if they are creepy creepsters.

Have YOU ever seen a woman slap a man? I doubt it.

Excellent point QFT
Original post by De Mortimer
It's not acceptable in Western society's eyes (although it is in many asian countries'), but as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be acceptable for a woman to slap a man either.

Agree 200% wholeheartedly with you on that statement, and that is influenced by abuse I have received off women in the past! :frown:
Original post by scrotgrot
No, you do not react to violence with violence if the assailant can be restrained.

it's called punishment, and it's called standing your ground and not being a pathetic spineless doormat. and you can restrain anybody in theory with violence as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
it's called punishment, and it's called standing your ground and not being a pathetic spineless doormat. and you can restrain anybody in theory with violence as well.

What is pathetic and spineless is hitting somebody when restraint is an option. If your assailant is weaker, restrain him.

And how exactly is restraint not "standing your ground"? If anything it demonstrates dominance better than merely striking the other person.

Being a doormat would be standing there and taking it or cowering while trying to deflect blows.
What is pathetic and spineless is hitting somebody when restraint is an option. If your assailant is weaker, restrain him.

And how exactly is restraint not "standing your ground"? If anything it demonstrates dominance better than merely striking the other person.

Being a doormat would be standing there and taking it or cowering while trying to deflect blows.

if they can hit me, why can't I hit them if they've already laid down the rule that hitting is okay? it's only fair
if they can hit me, why can't I hit them if they've already laid down the rule that hitting is okay? it's only fair

Why do you want to hit them? Do you enjoy violent retribution? And whining "she started it, it's only fair" makes you sound like an eight-year-old child in the playground, not a man.

Don't try the "teach her a lesson" line either: punishment is at its most effective when the punisher takes a position which preserves their moral high ground/dominant position in the interaction. A girl who hits you will learn a lesson if you grab her arm, push it behind her back, pin her, and spit some shaming words into her ear. That will knock the fight out of her, show her your power, and she will feel ashamed for trying to hit you while you maintained the self-control not to hit back. If you hit her back, she will not learn a lesson, because you will have stooped to her level. She won't see you as a legitimate meter out of justice, she will see you as an equal combatant who has acted with just the same savagery she has.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why do you want to hit them? Do you enjoy violent retribution? And whining "she started it, it's only fair" makes you sound like an eight-year-old child in the playground, not a man.

of course I do - I love seeing people get a piece of their own medicine or having their injustice get blasted back in their own face. and apparently society does too; why do you think retributive justice exists? if she's a "big girl" now aka a grown adult, then she has the responsibility as any other individual, be they male or female; you can't let a person get away with their injustices just because they're less capable of getting away with it if our world was fuelled by common sense (e.g. if she were to be fought back) - that's treating grown women like babies, and that's not very equal treatment.

Don't try the "teach her a lesson" line either: punishment is at its most effective when the punisher takes a position which preserves their moral high ground/dominant position in the interaction. A girl who hits you will learn a lesson if you grab her arm, push it behind her back, pin her, and spit some shaming words into her ear.

lol I don't care what lesson she learns, if she has the nerve to think hitting people unprovoked is okay then she'll at least learn that being punched hurts.

That will knock the fight out of her, show her your power, and she will feel ashamed for trying to hit you while you maintained the self-control not to hit back. If you hit her back, she will not learn a lesson, because you will have stooped to her level. She won't see you as a legitimate meter out of justice, she will see you as an equal combatant who has acted with just the same savagery she has.

you really are this much of a white knight pussy aren't you - I find it sexist that you view women as inferior and less capable people - how am I meant to view them as equals if I am literally supposed to treat them like they're *this* pathetic? I want to respect the person I'm against, e.g. by allowing them to play by equal standards and rules, and not to discriminate against them and their gender and refusing to let them have a fight with me
(edited 9 years ago)