The Student Room Group

Girls; what's your favourite men's aftershave?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I like Boss, a clean sweet smell and not over bearing. If it makes you feel confident then it works. I believe you find the smell that you like, it then becomes part you. The girls like you, not the smell of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bleu de Chanel always gets compliments.
Davidoff Cool water is just uffffttt!! :mmm::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I thought one of the main factors for wearing the stuff is to attract women? That's like what every single advert goes for.

This is a prime example of listening to women being the correct thing to do :rolleyes:

The smell is part of a whole package, that's why I argue for situational aftershave selection. The package has to work as more than the sum of its parts to get the full effect unless of course you look like a heart throb anyway, then choose as haplessly as you like.
Reply 24
Original post by hermitthefrog
Another vote for one million here. The smell alone of that stuff gives me a wee tingle downstairs

Serious? It doesn't remind you of candle wax?

Original post by Technetium
Chanel Allure Homme, it smells divine!

Whoa, daddy issues. Male or female, you shouldn't be wearing Allure unless you remember the 1980s.
I don't have a preference. I'm gay.
I have a few but the better ones seem to be (in terms of compliments) are Obsession (Calvin Klein), Armani Diamonds and Paco Robanne 1Million.
Original post by Fanticipation
I don't have a preference. I'm gay.

Have you just come out or something, do you want a badge? Congratulations on being gay.

What a waste of a pissing post.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Have you just come out or something, do you want a badge? Congratulations on being gay.

This made my night hahahahahahahahhahahhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little

Am I not allowed to post on a public forum? Or is it because you have no sense of humour whatsoever?

Congratulations on being a grumpy fart :congrats:
Original post by Fanticipation
Am I not allowed to post on a public forum? Or is it because you have no sense of humour whatsoever?

You can post what you want mate, as can I, but the thread is aimed at women who like men. You've just posted in it to declare that you are gay :rolleyes:.

Congratulations on being a grumpy fart :congrats:

Thanks. I'll place my grumpy fart certificate on the wall next to the one that says I am bisexual.
Reply 31
The main three I use are; jean paul Gautier, I have the summer one currently but the winter one is better. Joop Home wild is nice, I wear it when I go out. And one from Hollister but I just use it more like a deodrant as it's quite sweet.
Original post by Clip

Whoa, daddy issues. Male or female, you shouldn't be wearing Allure unless you remember the 1980s.

I get that a lot.:rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm a fragrance fanatic who's sampled a lot of male and female scents.:tongue:
Reply 33
I get that a lot.:rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm a fragrance fanatic who's sampled a lot of male and female scents.:tongue:

I used to have Allure, but got about 1/10 through the bottle before I got fed up with it. Like the ladies' one I think it's just too heavy and meant for dressy nights out.

I moved on SoCal, which was a bit too young and andro. At the moment I'm on either Spicebomb or Invictus.
Original post by Clip
I used to have Allure, but got about 1/10 through the bottle before I got fed up with it. Like the ladies' one I think it's just too heavy and meant for dressy nights out.

I moved on SoCal, which was a bit too young and andro. At the moment I'm on either Spicebomb or Invictus.

It is quite fragrant yes, but I love it because of the depth of the notes. I find Spicebomb very strong initially but on the dry down it's oh so sensual. I use the female counterpart Flowerbomb in the Spring. :smile:
Reply 35
It is quite fragrant yes, but I love it because of the depth of the notes. I find Spicebomb very strong initially but on the dry down it's oh so sensual. I use the female counterpart Flowerbomb in the Spring. :smile:

I like Flowerbomb on girls, but I'm not quite decided if it's better than Candy or not.
Penhaligon's stuff is nice. Not cheap though but at least you won't smell like everyone else wearing Lynx. If you want a girl to associate a smell with you and not a million other men I would recommend it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
One million is just perfection
She will like it if you ask her to buy one together with you.

And whatever you decide to wear, use about a third of what you think is the minimal amount. Overdoing aftershave is a typical rookie mistake.
Original post by Wattsy
The smell is part of a whole package, that's why I argue for situational aftershave selection. The package has to work as more than the sum of its parts to get the full effect unless of course you look like a heart throb anyway, then choose as haplessly as you like.

Completely agree with this. Fragrances are an accessory and much like clothes and accessories in general, shouldn't be recommended on a 'gets the girls' scale.

OP, you are not going to have girls swoon at you if you're unkempt yet wearing copious amounts of 1 Million. Conversely, if you're well groomed and have a decent fashion sense overall, you'll get compliments with a cheap scent. If you purely want to get compliments off girls, turn up to your local Topman and buy their £10 EDT. If you're more interested in what a fragrance brings to complement your image (both self image and interpreted by others), get researching on Fragrantica and ask for recommendations based on situations.

I'm wearing Boss Bottled right now. Probably a bit sticky for the height of summer, but a good day scent overall.

Quick Reply

Latest