The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Well if you're a Muslim, you know as well as I do that I have no other option? A married man might be attracted to other women, but they just have to have the decency and respect to stay loyal to their wife right?

You know what? I sympathise with you so much! I can understand but since you're a Muslim too, try to imagine how your cousin/sister or any other female relative got married to a gay, how would she feel?

You do have another option tho- Prayer! Brother, it works wonders! Its Ramadhan, pray to God honestly, you'll see how Powerful that God is.

Plus, I'm not saying that you're bad or anything else. I know you're a human and I respect you like I respect any other human.
Original post by Biryani007
Seriously though, how many gay Muslims are on TSR?

Prolly like 3, me included x)

I wouldn't happy off course. I have a firm belief in God and I would want my husband to be religious more than anything else so that we can both raise our children in a religious environment. Firstly, I'll pray for him and ask him to read religious texts and stuff (lol basically try to convert him but not forcing him) but still if he doesn't I would divorce him, I know for some this may sounds stupid but the thing is that my priority is religion and I won't compromise on that as it would have an impact on my children.

I agree 100%

So what's your ethnicity?

Arab, like that's any better :')
Prolly like 3, me included x)

I agree 100%

Arab, like that's any better :')

ohh ok..I guess Arab families are also very strict. Why did you said "No thankfully" when I asked whether you're a Pakistani? Arabs don't like Pakistanis?

If u're gunna troll don't bother commenting :333

i dont get it - muslim can have 4 wives but gay muslim cannot:confused:
No you may not correct me because that's untrue soz :/

Indeed it is true, not preaching just making you aware. But it is against Islam to be a homosexual, it is clearly stated in the holy Quran.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
That is for Jupiter to decide

And who is Jupiter?
You know what? I sympathise with you so much! I can understand but since you're a Muslim too, try to imagine how your cousin/sister or any other female relative got married to a gay, how would she feel?

You do have another option tho- Prayer! Brother, it works wonders! Its Ramadhan, pray to God honestly, you'll see how Powerful that God is.

Plus, I'm not saying that you're bad or anything else. I know you're a human and I respect you like I respect any other human.

Thanks a lot, and yeah I know it's true, but like I said there's nothing else I can do? Maybe as I get older I'll realise it was just a phase or whatever.

And don't you think that's exactly what I do? :') Don't let the fact I'm gay make you think I'm any less of a devout Muslim because I'm really not. I have devoted my life to Allah which is the reason my homosexuality is a problem in the first place.
Original post by DiamondsForever
And who is Jupiter?

The King of the Gods
Original post by TheAnusFiles
The King of the Gods

Okay.

Indeed it is true, not preaching just making you aware. But it is against Islam to be a homosexual, it is clearly stated in the holy Quran.

Well thank you for trying to educate me on my own religion, but I'm sorry to inform you that the Holy Quran does NOT state that homosexuality is 'against Islam', rather HOMOSEXUAL ACTS are a SIN. Everyone sins, doesn't mean they're not a Muslim any more xD
Thanks a lot, and yeah I know it's true, but like I said there's nothing else I can do? Maybe as I get older I'll realise it was just a phase or whatever.

And don't you think that's exactly what I do? :') Don't let the fact I'm gay make you think I'm any less of a devout Muslim because I'm really not. I have devoted my life to Allah which is the reason my homosexuality is a problem in the first place.

You don't even have to say thanks cos I understand how tough things must be for you! No I didn't meant to say that, I just said it cos its Ramadhan and we all have our flaws and I didn't try to judge on that. Plus, great to hear that you haven't turn your back from Islam cos I know some who chose to leave Islam cos of this, but then again its their choice.

I wish, hope and pray that if you do marry a woman, you get a religious, loving, caring, and understanding wife so she can help you with this. Ameen.
Well thank you for trying to educate me on my own religion, but I'm sorry to inform you that the Holy Quran does NOT state that homosexuality is 'against Islam', rather HOMOSEXUAL ACTS are a SIN. Everyone sins, doesn't mean they're not a Muslim any more xD

I am not going to create an argument about this very controversial topic. You may do as you please. After all "Allah is the most forgiving "
ohh ok..I guess Arab families are also very strict. Why did you said "No thankfully" when I asked whether you're a Pakistani? Arabs don't like Pakistanis?

Noooo!! I <3's Pakistanis, I just mean tI was thankful because Pakistani Muslim families tend to be very strict. But yeah tbh Arab families are ahaa

You don't even have to say thanks cos I understand how tough things must be for you! No I didn't meant to say that, I just said it cos its Ramadhan and we all have our flaws and I didn't try to judge on that. Plus, great to hear that you haven't turn your back from Islam cos I know some who chose to leave Islam cos of this, but then again its their choice.

I wish, hope and pray that if you do marry a woman, you get a religious, loving, caring, and understanding wife so she can help you with this. Ameen.

Again, thanks aha :P Yeah that's very true, I guess everyone has challenges in their lives and we all just have to deal and overcome them in the ways we can. And Inshallah, thank you :smile:
Reply 53
Go

Do not associate your homosexual preference to being a Muslim, you are are not a Muslim you are only and only a homosexual.
I am not going to create an argument about this very controversial topic. You may do as you please. After all "Allah is the most forgiving "

It's not controversial, it's literally the way I've just said O.o It's okay that you're backing down because you've been proven wrong - I get it! And I know I can do as I please, thanks, I don't need permission from you xD but yup that's right Allah is, which is why I will continue devoting every ounce of my existence to unquestionably worshipping him! :smile: Byeee :*
It's not controversial, it's literally the way I've just said O.o It's okay that you're backing down because you've been proven wrong - I get it! And I know I can do as I please, thanks, I don't need permission from you xD but yup that's right Allah is, which is why I will continue devoting every ounce of my existence to unquestionably worshipping him! :smile: Byeee :*

Yes indeed it is controversial! I have not been proven wrong, I just do not want to waste my time arguing with ignorant people. And I did not say you need my permission.
Original post by layahudi
Do not associate your homosexual preference to being a Muslim, you are are not a Muslim you are only and only a homosexual.

So you think anyone who is a Muslim and has gay thoughts should leave Islam? Not ask God for help? Please xD a person's sexuality and their faith is between them and Allah, certainly not some self-righteous douche like you :')
Yes indeed it is controversial! I have not been proven wrong, I just do not want to waste my time arguing with ignorant people. And I did not say you need my permission.

Mm'kay, bye den </3
Original post by layahudi

I'm not for homosexuality as I'm a Muslim too, however who are we to judge? We have our own flaws too, and so does he. Perhaps, to Allah this guy might be more dear than us cos of one good act of his. Please don't forget that the God of Islam is very loving and forgiving. The only advice we as Muslims should give the OP is to pray, pray and pray! This is a blessed month and this person should also pray from the bottom his heart, so that Allah change his heart.

Remember, surely it is Allah to judge, then who are we to say that this guy is not a Muslim?
Noooo!! I <3's Pakistanis, I just mean tI was thankful because Pakistani Muslim families tend to be very strict. But yeah tbh Arab families are ahaa

Again, thanks aha :P Yeah that's very true, I guess everyone has challenges in their lives and we all just have to deal and overcome them in the ways we can. And Inshallah, thank you :smile:

Haha good to know cos I've heard Arabs don't like Pakistanis and so I was just curious. Anyways, I hop you don't mind me saying that it is obviously a great sin to indulge in homosexual acts and it must be hard for you but remember the day after death and keep praying to Allah with all your sincerity, surely he'll listen. Plus, Allah loves when you put your trust in him and so when you pray, pray with the intention that Allah is going to listen to you. Moreover, take it seriously and pray. I'm not saying you won't but as a Muslim, I just felt like saying this. Sorry if you mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending