The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Algernon Firth 2014

If you are also starting this year and have booked here, feel free to post here, or get in touch!

If you're still considering making a booking, feel free to ask questions!

Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering at Leeds uni is my first choice.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I was considering making a booking at algernon firth. Have you visited the property?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
No, but it looked very good from the pictures!

What room are you considering?
Original post by Fase_x
Reply 3
It does look stunning!

There's only few options left, I'm considering the premium ensuite but I don't know what's the difference between the rooms
I'm staying at Algernon Firth this year too. Just off the phone with the guy, they're at 70% occupancy now. Think the premium ensuites are the only thing left.

Are both of you attending Leeds university too?
Original post by MichaelGrant
I'm staying at Algernon Firth this year too. Just off the phone with the guy, they're at 70% occupancy now. Think the premium ensuites are the only thing left.

Are both of you attending Leeds university too?

yep, Engineering. PM me your flat number when you get it, if you want to!
Nice one, a have a good few friends that have just finished Aerospace at my current uni and they've all seemed to have enjoyed it.
Yeah, I should find out on Monday so I'll give you a shout then, get me on Facebook might be handier - this is the first time I've used TheStudentRoom since my first degree.
Reply 7
I will be going to Leeds uni to do Mechanical engineering but I have applied for uni accomodation
That's good to know! We'll probably be in the same lectures, as the first two years of all the engineering disciplines are taught together.

Original post by iceman95
Reply 9
Original post by ✈ ✈
That's good to know! We'll probably be in the same lectures, as the first two years of all the engineering disciplines are taught together.

Yeh thats cool and i too did btec engineering level 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh thats cool and i too did btec engineering level 3

Nice! what date are you gonna be arriving into Leeds? Are you excited?
Original post by ✈ ✈
Nice! what date are you gonna be arriving into Leeds? Are you excited?

Well my uni accommodation would start between 13th and 2pth sept so i would be hoping to com then. Yes im quite excited but not prpper lol. As i am coming from a btec background i have started to brushup my maths skills on topics such as Calculus by reading the Engineering maths stroud book. During my interview there i was told to brush up my maths skills as they said that btec students tend to struggle with the maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well my uni accommodation would start between 13th and 2pth sept so i would be hoping to com then. Yes im quite excited but not prpper lol. As i am coming from a btec background i have started to brushup my maths skills on topics such as Calculus by reading the Engineering maths stroud book. During my interview there i was told to brush up my maths skills as they said that btec students tend to struggle with the maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who interviewed you? and what grades do you have for your BTEC?
Original post by ✈ ✈
Who interviewed you? and what grades do you have for your BTEC?

I cant remember the interviewers name all i can remember is that she was around in her 40s and was slightly overweight and had light brunette hair. I have achieved D*D*D in the btec wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant remember the interviewers name all i can remember is that she was around in her 40s and was slightly overweight and had light brunette hair. I have achieved D*D*D in the btec wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

D*D*D* - i wanted the grant lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ✈ ✈
D*D*D* - i wanted the grant lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh same you need D*D*D minimum to get that extra 1k scholarship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

I am going to start BTEC engineering level 3 in September :smile: due to the places being full last year. I am also hoping to go to leeds :smile: They require D*D*D which I am capable to achieve. Just worried because do I need A level maths? I done it at AS and don't think I done well at all because I didn't revise -.- will it effect me? I am not intending to carry it on either. Any advice would be great. The course I want to do ( Petroleum engineering doesn't require A level Maths but just wondering)

Thanks in advance :smile:

x
Original post by hearthstone
Hey guys,

I am going to start BTEC engineering level 3 in September :smile: due to the places being full last year. I am also hoping to go to leeds :smile: They require D*D*D which I am capable to achieve. Just worried because do I need A level maths? I done it at AS and don't think I done well at all because I didn't revise -.- will it effect me? I am not intending to carry it on either. Any advice would be great. The course I want to do ( Petroleum engineering doesn't require A level Maths but just wondering)

Thanks in advance :smile:

x

As long as the course you want to do does not require anything other than the BTEC, you should be fine. But be careful - whereas this year I was able to get in with just a BTEC, entry for 2015 requires A Level Mathematics in addition to this.

So I would do Mathematics just to be on the safe side.
Just confirmed there. I think I am in room 15, in a apartment of 5. Anyone else know where they're at yet? The guy on the phone says he's trying to put all the first years together, so I don't I'll be in the same place as you lot - but I'm up for all the freshers craic that's happening.
Original post by ✈ ✈
As long as the course you want to do does not require anything other than the BTEC, you should be fine. But be careful - whereas this year I was able to get in with just a BTEC, entry for 2015 requires A Level Mathematics in addition to this.

So I would do Mathematics just to be on the safe side.

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest