The Student Room Group

What makeup do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

I wear MUA BB cream, Garnier eye roll-on concealer, Maybelline Mega Plush mascara, occasionally top eyeliner( Xtreme felt tip liner), Maybelline eye brow pencil to darken my eyebrows and pink Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm.
Original post by fortunesfool
Would anybody spend around £17.50/£18.00 on a lipgloss?

Never
Simple moisturiser, Miss Sporty cover stick, Miss Sporty Incredi-Ball black mascara, Collection Fast Stroke liquid eyeliner and whatever black kohl eyeliner is cheapest :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Mini-Minion
I use garnier concealer but I've been hearing a lot of people using the collection 2000 one - does anyone who currently uses it recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been able to find my perfect shade but it does cover well but you should only use a little, under the eyes for me it was a bit weird but loads use it under the eye. Plus its very cheap
Reply 64

don't wear or like lipgloss but on lipstick I would and for most things besides mascara and eyeliner since every mascara ive tried has the same result and eyeliner is very simple and generic
Original post by TheCynicalChild
No7 Foundation (sometimes), L'oreal Telescopic Mascara (It is seriously goddamn amazing, much better than the likes of YSL), Sephora Smartliner eyeliner and NYX eyebrow marker. I've tried contouring recently but the fail level is too much to bear.

Original post by Sophsha
Oh yes telescopic mascara is amazing too :biggrin:

Original post by edgarcats
Foundation: Estee Lauder DW/YSL le teint touche eclat
Concealer: Bobbi Brown/MAC pro-longwear
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose/L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof
Eyebrows: Urban Decay Brow Box
Cheeks: YSL cream blush
Lips: MAC Lady Danger/YSL Rouge Pur Couture lip stain
I mostly use Real Techniques brushes and I don't wear eyeshadow/eyeliner everyday. If I do, it's likely Naked 3 palette.

Original post by Prees
I like to switch up the products in my collection but mostly I wear Smashbox primer and Benefit's Porefessional, L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte powder, Seventeen Phwoar Paint or Collection concealer. I use Nars Laguna bronzer, Mac Omega eyeshadow to fill in my brows, Eyeko eyeliner and L'oreal telescopic mascara.
My favourite lipstick is the Rimmel Moisture Renew in Vintage Pink. Eyeshadows and blushes I have too many to name.

I do have more but those are the products I reach for most :smile:

Am I the only one who uses L'oreal telescopic and finds that it's not great at all. If I curl my lashes, the mascara makes the curl fall out and they'll drop and become straight again. Does nothing for the volume and barely anything for length.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by sadaf2
I don't know what skin type you are etc but Becca has a huge range of shades and a couple different types of foundation?

I just had a look, thanks. They don't do my exact shade and the images on the website isn't that clear.
Benefit porefessional primer
Mac foundation NC20
Mac studio sculpt concealer NW20
Maybelline age erase concealer light
YSL soufflé declat 01
MAC wedge to contour
YSL touché éclat highlight
Estée Lauder blush in a peach colour
Pencil my brows in with a black pencil
Maybelline brow gel
Air, clay rain and earth from Stila "in the Know' pakette
Stila liquid eyeliner in black
Daniel Sandler eye pencil
Lancome cils XL lash primer
YSL baby doll mascara
Bobbi Brown art stick in Sunset Orange
Bourjois Matte velvet in hot pepper

I think thats everything
(edited 9 years ago)

Yeah I have
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yeah I have

do you think its possible to use a concealer as a highlighter or is buying both necessary?
Original post by Secretnerd123
do you think its possible to use a concealer as a highlighter or is buying both necessary?

Yeah! Sometimes I use an illamasqua concealer as a highlighter and it works fine. As long as it's at least 2 shades lighter than your skin it's fine
Estée Lauder and Mac they are the ones I use xxx
Original post by leema1122
Estée Lauder and Mac they are the ones I use xxx

Which products?:smile:
Reply 73
Benefit primer
Bb cream with 50+ filter
Mac matting powder
Mac bronzing powder
Mac mineralize finish:soft and gentle
Isa dora blush
Avon or NYX eyeshadow base
Sephora eyebrow shadow
Mac eyeliner
Mac mascara
Oh god! I am definetely MAC addicted!
And as it comes to my lipstick... I have many of them, but ma favs are:
Makeup forever rouge artist natural-n39
Revlon colorburst matte -210
Dior addict high shine -222
Inglot one(don't remember the name, but it is matte red')
* soap and glory show good face foundation
* collection 2000 liquid eyeliner
* benefit they're real mascara

If i am going out i also wear:
* body shop shimmer pearls or soap and glory glow job
* collection 2000 shimmer eyeliner
* topshop loose powder eyeshadow
* borjouis paris bronzer
- very occasionally false eyelashes depending on the occasion. I have tried more premium brands such as MAC but find them too pricey to make part of my daily routine even though the results are better. I wear natural make up daily as i am serving customers all day and it makes me look fresh even if i am lagging! I like wearing more when i go out just because i enjoy the process of getting ready and it does give me some confidence.
Bare Minerals for powder, Benefit for mascara and eyeliner and Lush for highlighter, liquid foundation and lipstick.
Reply 76
Original post by Ebuwa
I just had a look, thanks. They don't do my exact shade and the images on the website isn't that clear.

oo sorry but yh the images of the shades arnt clear, u can try to go to a local space NK but other then that i dont know sorry :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by superdarklord
Am I the only one who uses L'oreal telescopic and finds that it's not great at all. If I curl my lashes, the mascara makes the curl fall out and they'll drop and become straight again. Does nothing for the volume and barely anything for length.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have quite naturally curly and long lashes so I just use it as it's a thin plastic brush which can get to all my lashes and I prefer the plastic brushes :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by sadaf2
oo sorry but yh the images of the shades arnt clear, u can try to go to a local space NK but other then that i dont know sorry :smile:

I'll try that out. Thanks very much
Reply 79
It'd be impossible to list it all here but I mostly use the brands Urban Decay, Illamasqua, Benefit, Rimmel, Maybelline, Sleek, Soap & Glory and Revlon.

I love Benefit's They're Real Mascara, it makes my eyelashes look super long.

I'm dying to try a few Mac lipsticks but I currently haven't gotten around to buying them. I keep meaning to and end up spending money on other things :tongue: (Am I correct in thinking you can try the lipsticks on in there?)
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending