The Student Room Group

Investment Banking in the Middle East

I have a few questions about Investment Banking in the Middle East.

1) how is investment banking in the middle east, is it as good as working in other places such as London and New York?
2) As there is no Tax in the Middle East, do bankers get more money there, and what is the average salary and bonus?
3) I also heard that companies don't like doing big deals in the Middle East, is this true?
4) Will it be easier to get to the top if you work in the Middle East rather than the big cities like London and New York?
5) Do i have to know Arabic?
Investing banking is good in middle of east as i know, yeah it is very good to work in places like London and New York. These banking is reached to $237.9 million in second quarter and 72% in first, these banking is growing it interest every year.
Reply 2
Original post by DavidCarpent
Investing banking is good in middle of east as i know, yeah it is very good to work in places like London and New York. These banking is reached to $237.9 million in second quarter and 72% in first, these banking is growing it interest every year.

what this guy keeps producing is pure gold
Reply 3
Original post by DavidCarpent

Had to read that ten times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Pulse.
Had to read that ten times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

investing banking
Reply 5
1. Markets are not as developed as London/New York. Deals are simpler and somewhat smaller.
2. I would say in Qatar/UAE the pay would be a bit higher than what you would get in London but there won't be any savings the first 2 yrs. It skyrockets after 7-8 yrs. Other Gulf countries have much lower scales. Other ME countries are not worth it.
3. Where did you hear that? wtf? Should not make a difference to you unless you're a VP or Director.
4. No. Much harder actually. Turnover is high. Locals are preferred for top jobs.
5. No.
Original post by caphook
1. Markets are not as developed as London/New York. Deals are simpler and somewhat smaller.
2. I would say in Qatar/UAE the pay would be a bit higher than what you would get in London but there won't be any savings the first 2 yrs. It skyrockets after 7-8 yrs. Other Gulf countries have much lower scales. Other ME countries are not worth it.
3. Where did you hear that? wtf? Should not make a difference to you unless you're a VP or Director.
4. No. Much harder actually. Turnover is high. Locals are preferred for top jobs.
5. No.

Pay is a bit lower, but it is not taxed which leaves you with more money in your pocket than in NYC / London. Furthermore, housing allowances are quite common in Dubai.
Reply 7
Original post by surfmonkey
Pay is a bit lower, but it is not taxed which leaves you with more money in your pocket than in NYC / London. Furthermore, housing allowances are quite common in Dubai.

I do agree

Quick Reply

Latest