The Student Room Group

What do you think of people who sing along loudly in public to their headphone music?

I saw a classic example of this today and i just couldnt help feel embarrased for the person. He was singing along out of tune as well as doing funny dance moves :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I think they're great. They don't care what people think and they're doing what they want to do. If they want to sing and dance in public, let them; they're not doing anyone any harm and they're enjoying themselves.
Don't mind too much... It's the dicks who don't use headphones and think its okay to play music through loudspeaker that bother me.
Reply 3
You feel embarrassed for them because you feel uncomfortable around them.

What is so wrong about it?
Reply 4
Its just looked ridiculous. They looked like they had caught jungle fever

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's funny. It once happened on the bus and the bus driver stopped the bus and had to ask who it was but he had his music on too loud that he hadn't heard the bus driver!
Original post by LakAnne
I saw a classic example of this today and i just couldnt help feel embarrased for the person. He was singing along out of tune as well as doing funny dance moves :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a great guy

Everyone should have the confidence to do this
Its quite annoying actually. I'm not against people singing but please for the love of god don't do it whilst on common comuting routes and such. Its not exactly the right place to do that kind of stuff...
I was walking ahead of someone doing this the other day, he was just walking along singing super loudly. Turned around and realised it was my next door neighbour and it all made sense. Good on them for having the confidence I suppose :laugh:
If they have a beautiful voice I'll applaud (at the end of their performance)

If they sound irritating I'll just get away from them
I like it, shows a lot of confidence - I only do it when no ones around :teehee:
I sometimes whistle along to music, which is probably worse.
I sing really badly to my family and friends asi dont give a **** what thet think about me. If a foreign person is there and my jam is being played i just end up singing it in my head because i know how bad my singing is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They should be shot immediately. If ever there was a time for police brutality, it's this time.
Reply 14
Original post by EatAndRevise
I sometimes whistle along to music, which is probably worse.

100% worse, nobody has ever sounded good whilst whistling.

I can deal with the singing, I get that; it's the people who have a phone call with their headphones in. I've not quite grasped that this is possible so my first reaction is to think that they're just talking to themselves.
I like them... I'd take ten grubby teens trying to rap in French (losing the beat and having to scramble back into it with "unghng na nana"s) over one crying baby or tinny mobile phone jukebox.
Irritating. What annoys me even more is when they are singing out of tune, can't hit any of the high notes and still carry on as if they're Whitney Houston. As for the people who bop along to say an R'n'B tune or Rap that's fine.. until they start rapping along on public transport. Personally, I think they're acting up and look a bit stupid. Yes, we get it. You know your Eminem verses inside out but please, don't feel the need to share your 'talent' with the rest of us.
Reply 17
As long as they are happy I'm happy :P
Reply 18
Original post by Technetium
Irritating. What annoys me even more is when they are singing out of tune, can't hit any of the high notes and still carry on as if they're Whitney Houston. As for the people who bop along to say an R'n'B tune or Rap that's fine.. until they start rapping along on public transport. Personally, I think they're acting up and look a bit stupid. Yes, we get it. You know your Eminem verses inside out but please, don't feel the need to share your 'talent' with the rest of us.

You're fun
I find it highly annoying. I like my peace of mind. Lots going in there most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest