The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

New friends

Hello everybody. I am looking for new friends from around the world who are going to study at Bangor for the upcoming winter semester. I am an Erasmus student from the Czech Republic (going to study something from sports and science+basic French and English for foreign students) and I would be very pleased to find somebody who would like to find a new friend too. .......to have a chance to explore Bangor and its surroundings with somebody et cetera...:smile: Two heads are better than one :smile:
Reply 1
Hey! I'm going to be a psychology fresher this September. So , I'm in the same boat as you. If you want you can add me on skype and we can talk. I guess it's best to have people you know around you during the freshers week :P
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hehe , nice to hear that . Are you waiting for your exam results ? :smile:
Original post by Calin93
Hehe , nice to hear that . Are you waiting for your exam results ? :smile:

yes !
14th of August, a month left:eek:
Reply 4
Hey you guys :smile: I'm also doing psychology in September! I actually went last year but had to suspend my studies but I know all the places to go and things to do :smile: x
Reply 5
greaaat, I am not doing psychology, yet it would be great to meet another goood fellow to share fun and experience with.
Firstly I would like to say hello everyone! I'm a Peer Guide for Bangor University this year, mainly focusing on the school of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science department although I pretty much know anything related to the University or the local area. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

All the best for your results this September! - I'm sure you will do fantastic!
Reply 7
Original post by nicoleashley_
hi there ! :tongue:
fellow psy!! :biggrin:
oh it would be lovely if u could help us freshers around bangor ! :tongue:
did u apply for student accomodation?

Hi there! :smile: haha I'd love to! Looking forward to doing the whole freshers thing again! I lived in y borth last year but I wasn't too happy with the room so this year I'm moving in with my year 2 friends :smile: where are you applying to?
Reply 8
Yes ! tell us about the first week please :biggrin: !
count me in ! :tongue:
psychology fresher in sept as well, hopefully! x

Hey! I'll hopefully be doing psychology at bangor in september aswell:biggrin:
Original post by Shanvicbrad
Hey! I'll hopefully be doing psychology at bangor in september aswell:biggrin:

hi there !! (:
are u waiting on a level results as well?:smile:
What was orientation week like for you, if you dont mind me asking? :smile: i applied to alaw and 2 others that i cant remember the names of! haha they're so hard to pronounce:tongue: but they're all on the ffriddoedd site x

Original post by Calin93
Yes ! tell us about the first week please :biggrin: !

Orientation week or commonly known as Freshers week, is a fun, enjoyable/social week where you'll remember it for the rest of your life! - Your school will organise events throughout the week that you can participate in and meet new people 'break the ice'.

I suggest when you move in on the first day, to break the ice and knock on each other’s door and introduce yourself, go out on some nights and make the best of it.

If you've got any other questions I'm a Peer Guide for the University, so if you have any questions feel free to ask them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Hi, I put Bangor as my insurance choice, so depending on the results I get, I might be coming to Bangor in September :smile:
hi there !! (:
are u waiting on a level results as well?:smile:

Yeah! Only like three weeks away now :eek:
Original post by Shanvicbrad
Yeah! Only like three weeks away now :eek:

im so nervous !
good luck for ur results ! :smile:
What was orientation week like for you, if you dont mind me asking? :smile: i applied to alaw and 2 others that i cant remember the names of! haha they're so hard to pronounce:tongue: but they're all on the ffriddoedd site x

Freshers week is good :smile: I bought the freshers pack but you don't really need to.. You do get a bangor Tshirt with it though which most of my friends wore at the paint party :smile: the notifications on here are rubbish - my Facebook is Fi Yasemin Rankin if you wanted to chat more :smile:

Quick Reply