The Student Room Group

What's the best foundation?

I love Estee Lauder Double wear, have been using it for about a year now & I love the way it feels and looks! I'm thinking of trying bareminerals to try and get the natural flawless look what's your favourite foundation?

Scroll to see replies

I use Lily Lolo, which is a mineral powder foundation and it's really lovely. You can build up coverage but it looks really natural and your skin feels nice with it on. It covers most of my blemishes but if I have a particularly hard to hide one, they have a concealer too which is brilliant.

And the added bonus is that it's the first foundation which actually matched my frosty the snowman skin!
Max Factor 3 in 1 Foundation :smile:
Original post by vickidc18
I love Estee Lauder Double wear, have been using it for about a year now & I love the way it feels and looks! I'm thinking of trying bareminerals to try and get the natural flawless look what's your favourite foundation?

Vichy Idealia BB cream - I love it because it's light and makes me look 'fresh'. But it seems to get a bad rep from other reviews I've read. :frown:
Rimmel match perfection its lovely , not to matte looking but not to shiny either its brilliant :smile:
Reply 5
Maybelline matte mouse, although been using Rimmel bb cream now its summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dream matte mouse, yesss!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam

Original post by itssimplyme

Don't you find this dries your skin out? :frown:
Reply 8

Loreal infallible is great! Pretty much the same coverage
Reply 9
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on your skintype.

I like Estee Lauder doublewear, Lancome Teint Idole, and most MAC ones
Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by itssimplyme

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm surprised, I absolutely hate that foundation

I used to use Double Wear but I started using Bare Minerals about a month ago and absolutely love it! I can't imagine ever using anything else. Definitely try out the starter kit... it's amaze!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

I used to find this would happen when I started using it! But now I just use some moisturiser/face cream before applying it :smile:

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

You're definitely not the only one! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I'm not alone! :biggrin:
Steer clear of boots and superdrug type foundations. I really do believe that getting an expensive foundation pays off.
I use double wear too! But I use the maximum coverage one which is really thick but I LOVE a lot of coverage.
I hate all MAC foundations, they are greasy and don't last.
I would definitely recommend Clinique and Dior. Chanel is amazing too.
Original post by ldsbabe
Steer clear of boots and superdrug type foundations. I really do believe that getting an expensive foundation pays off.

Found this to be generally true for all cosmetics.

Although maybe it's just a placebo effect? :dontknow:
YSL Touche Eclat Foundation <3 Life changing.
I love Double wear for nights out as it sticks to you like glue but I prefer the light version.
MAC foundation is awful! Sooo over hyped.
Vichy dermablend is the best foundation, full coverage yet light and longlasting. Its gone up to 16 pound now so I've now had to use rimmel wake me up foundation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, I definitely don't think it's a placebo, it's just a much higher quality I think!
But there are definitely some rubbish expensive foundations e.g. Nars.

I just feel like it's so hard to colour match with cheap foundations, they are either pink or orange! and they last me about 30 mins before I'm patchy!

Quick Reply

Latest