The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
My friend who is Portuguese has been waxing lyrical's about him. He tells that he will be worth his €37 million release clause.

Was heavily linked with United this summer/end of season.

€37 million is a bit steep for a child! Maybe the whole Khedira thing was a smokescreen? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can tell a lot about transfer rumours from the odds. People with inside information will put money on these transfers and send the odds crashing. Balotelli and Carvalho are 2/1 to be Arsenal players after this transfer window, which suggests nothing is in place.

This doesn't mean the transfers won't happen, but there is no way talks can be in anything approaching advanced stages.
Reply 1262
Mourinho is such a piece of ****. The man has never said anything respectful.

He's the type of guy that you would hate if he was in the same class as you. You would probably beat him up during one point of your school life & would certainly be the guy who goes around looking for trouble.

I can't stand him.

It's a shame because he is a good tactician.

Does nothing to deserve any respect.

Classless moron
Reply 1264
Original post by Stalin
:rofl2:

Good one!

Jaws V2 right here

didn't we all say we needed a Suarez esque player?
Original post by AR_95
Jaws V2 right here

didn't we all say we needed a Suarez esque player?

That celebration was definitely after he converted a penalty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That Casillas story has to be made up, as he is 8/1 to be at Arsenal next season. If it does happen this story is nothing more than a fortunate coincidence - throw enough mud and all that.
Original post by pane123
That Casillas story has to be made up, as he is 8/1 to be at Arsenal next season. If it does happen this story is nothing more than a fortunate coincidence - throw enough mud and all that.

Or more like the odds are bull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Or more like the odds are bull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you serious?
Original post by pane123
Are you serious?

Those markets are extremely illiquid, you can probably move most transfers to odds on with £100 staked!
Original post by Zürich
Those markets are extremely illiquid, you can probably move most transfers to odds on with £100 staked!

I know, which means if this story had any substance to it the odds should be much, much lower than they are.
Original post by pane123
I know, which means if this story had any substance to it the odds should be much, much lower than they are.

I suppose there's sort of a 1 way uselessness of these odds then, odds on doesnt necessarily mean a transfer is likely but you would expect it to be odds on if it is to happen. Necessary but not sufficiency. Whenever there are rumours of a big transfer, these odds tend to go odds on but it's mainly the tail wagging the dog. Few £50 bets and the market swings wildly

Once worked with some guys in financial markets who would regularly bet on prediction markets for their own amusement to see what kind of 'predictions' they could force out of the odds. Colour of the queens hat for the horse racing was popular :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I suppose there's sort of a 1 way uselessness of these odds then, odds on doesnt necessarily mean a transfer is likely but you would expect it to be odds on if it is to happen. Necessary but not sufficiency. Whenever there are rumours of a big transfer, these odds tend to go odds on but it's mainly the tail wagging the dog. Few £50 bets and the market swings wildly

Once worked with some guys in financial markets who would regularly bet on prediction markets for their own amusement to see what kind of 'predictions' they could force out of the odds :laugh:

Exactly. If something goes odds on it's hard to know if it's because it's happening, or just because people have bet based on rumours. Some books closed the market on Khedira, for example.

I just find it odd that there has been next to no movement on Casillas.
Original post by pane123
Exactly. If something goes odds on it's hard to know if it's because it's happening, or just because people have bet based on rumours. Some books closed the market on Khedira, for example.

I just find it odd that there has been next to no movement on Casillas.

Really hope we dont sign Casillas anyway, may as well sign Shay Given if you want a short, ageing keeper who's reflexes are gone.
Liverpool FC will thrash Arsenal this season. Lol. We're going to get Agger to injure Wilshere again. Lool.
Reply 1275
Original post by AngelPhys
Liverpool FC will thrash Arsenal this season. Lol. We're going to get Agger to injure Wilshere again. Lool.

k.
Original post by SHOO
k.

Yep, you better, lol. :wink:
you had your chance last year and you blew it, no chance this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1278
Original post by Will Mckenzie
you had your chance last year and you blew it, no chance this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol.
Original post by SHOO
Do you think we can win the league with Giroud leading our line? This isn't no sarcastic question - I'm being serious

Do you think if we strengthen everywhere else & keep giroud up front, do you reckon we could do it?

answer to second question is a serious yes. our midfield would be one of the best with a solid B2B or destroyer next to ramsey. pace on the wings.the front 3 behind giroud incredibly versatile and creative bar walcott rofl. solid defence too. couple all of this with the physicality, aerial ability, link up play of Giroud.

he just needs to be more clinical. although same could be said to ozil.

if a suarez or aguero becomes available during the window then i'd like us to improve on Giroud. if people want ****ing Mandzukic/Remy/Balotelli then no thanks, I prefer Giroud (unless it's for depth).

Latest