The Student Room Group

Benefits Britain:life on the dole ? Opinions

What do you think ?

A romanian family in Rotherham live with 11 children and get £24,000 in benefits a year, only worked a month in the 7 years they have been here. Some other Romanians plan on living in the UK to get money to send back home to make ends meet. Wtf come into our country no work, no tax and send money to make ends meet in your home country, is it charity ?

Absolutely boils my blood, I work part time and study full time and both my parents work and we barely scrape £24,000, and thats all hard work no benefits.

So the Government just lets them get away with this all they do is go sit at home drink, smoke and go to the job centre, not to mention the increase in crime they can bring such as pick pocketing, mugging, aggressive begging.

Is this what the UK is now a charity for poorer countries, while the tax payers pay for all this just great isnt it ! :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by IMBCFC
What do you think ?

A romanian family in Rotherham live with 11 children and get £24,000 in benefits a year, only worked a month in the 7 years they have been here. Some other Romanians plan on living in the UK to get money to send back home to make ends meet. Wtf come into our country no work, no tax and send money to make ends meet in your home country, is it charity ?

Absolutely boils my blood, I work part time and study full time and both my parents work and we barely scrape £24,000, and thats all hard work no benefits.

So the Government just lets them get away with this all they do is go sit at home drink, smoke and go to the job centre, not to mention the increase in crime they can bring such as pick pocketing, mugging, aggressive begging.

Is this what the UK is now a charity for poorer countries, while the tax payers pay for all this just great isnt it ! :mad:

I feel your anger, i think that romanian family lives on my street
Live and let live my friend there are people dying in Gaza and other such places and you worry about this
Reply 3
Original post by LordBradburn
Live and let live my friend there are people dying in Gaza and other such places and you worry about this

Yeah but its a p*** take, making more money than hard working people who pay tax and where does that tax go immigrants. No wonder UKIP got a lot of publicity.

Gaza is a different topic.
Reply 4
the guy without legs is a movie star lol.
Original post by IMBCFC

A romanian family in Rotherham live with 11 children and get £24,000 in benefits a year, only worked a month in the 7 years they have been here.

And yet according to the UKIP lies the Romanians are all here to take away our jobs.

I very much doubt any British workers have been displaced by this Romanian family for this 1 month of work :laugh:
I was on a ferry just yesterday from France, there quite a few Romanians, my thinking at first was along your lines but I was desperate for a ciggy so asked a Romanian man, we had a conversation (admittedly in pigeon English) but he was coming here to work and to provide a better life for his children, I can't say the welfare system is perfect but it does strike a decent balance and I'm sure the family you describe are the exception not the rule when it comes to Romanians.
Reply 7
Original post by MagicNMedicine
And yet according to the UKIP lies the Romanians are all here to take away our jobs.

I very much doubt any British workers have been displaced by this Romanian family for this 1 month of work :laugh:

Its not just one Romanian family its a lot of them who have came over by the 1000s. But come on £24,000 thats not pennies. People who work and pay tax dont even get that much !
Reply 8
Original post by IMBCFC
What do you think ?

Are you sure they're Romanian? Sounds like Roma gypsies to me. Romanians rarely have more then 2 children.
Quite frankly it disgusts me. I know a lot of non-British citizens who are given a larger-than needed (bedroom tax doesn't seem to apply) house with thousands of pounds worth of money - and they get that house for life.

My sister, mother and I are not allowed permitted on the council housing register because we are British citizens. Due to our age, we would have to be split up - my mother and I on the streets, and my sister in care. Our tenancy (should we get a house), would have to be renewed every three years.

As much as I disagree with most of UKIP's policies, they are the only party which will stand up and correct this nonsense. All the others are too cowardly to sort the problem, and look to building more 'affordable' housing which will house the next influx of immigrants.
Reply 10
Original post by Fanticipation
and look to building more 'affordable' housing which will house the next influx of immigrants.

To top it off, that influx of immigrants will be getting paid to build those houses. TBH I think the people of this country deserve this for being so passive and not standing up to the leftists/liberals.
Original post by elohssa
To top it off, that influx of immigrants will be getting paid to build those houses. TBH I think the people of this country deserve this for being so passive and not standing up to the leftists/liberals.

Well, the majority are now by voting UKIP.
Remind me to rep this later.
My opinion is anyone who is a lazy scrounger (Black, White, Asian, Oriental, whatever) are taking benefits without the motivation to work can kindly **** off out of this country.

Benefits are there to help you survive. Which is why I think benefits should be dished out first and foremost as a voucher form with bus travel, then improve as a money handout the more they apply and settle in jobs.
Original post by elohssa
Romanians rarely have more then 2 children.

Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on TSR. Where did you get that crap from?
Reply 14
Original post by RomnCoton
Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on TSR. Where did you get that crap from?

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

Romania in 2012 = 1.5 (all ethnic groups)

I think Iceland is the only European country with natives having a 2+ fertility rate. The rest of Europe is only staying above replacement level due to third world immigration.
It's the price you pay when the word "immigration" is associated with you being a right wing racist. I think we are reaching the point now when saying the word immigration doesn't necessarily make you a racist. I think the left is finally beginning to lose this war, much to The Guardian's dismay, purely because the Labour party have started reacting to it.

A system "fair for all" is actually unfair for most. Of the people that vote for UKIP, I think the minority are xenophobes and racists, I consider myself neither and only voted Conservative because I know one of the candidates. Immigration is an issue which needs to be discussed in a mature and adult way, and that does not include shouting racist at people the second they raise their point.
Reply 16
Original post by Huskaris
It's the price you pay when the word "immigration" is associated with you being a right wing racist. I think we are reaching the point now when saying the word immigration doesn't necessarily make you a racist. I think the left is finally beginning to lose this war, much to The Guardian's dismay, purely because the Labour party have started reacting to it.

A system "fair for all" is actually unfair for most. Of the people that vote for UKIP, I think the minority are xenophobes and racists, I consider myself neither and only voted Conservative because I know one of the candidates. Immigration is an issue which needs to be discussed in a mature and adult way, and that does not include shouting racist at people the second they raise their point.

Reply 17
Original post by RomnCoton
My opinion is anyone who is a lazy scrounger (Black, White, Asian, Oriental, whatever) are taking benefits without the motivation to work can kindly **** off out of this country.

Benefits are there to help you survive. Which is why I think benefits should be dished out first and foremost as a voucher form with bus travel, then improve as a money handout the more they apply and settle in jobs.

What about people get their passport/some certificate stamped with the dates they've signed on and off benefits, and then shops are given guidelines as to when they can sell a given item to certain people?

That way, if a disabled person just wants some food, they won't be humiliated.

Also, it could prevent bartering of vouchers for money.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by elohssa

Cracked up too much!

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!
Reply 19
No problem with them. The way I see it, people at the top are ripping people off much more and they hold the power to change things, so as long as they do it, like big ceo pay packages, bankers bonuses and mps expenses, these immigrants who claim way less is nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending