The Student Room Group

Confused about my a level options...:(

Hello friends... I am very stressed out about making the right choice about A levels!
I want to do
Biology
Art

and am confused between which 2 options to pick out of psychology, chemistry and geography.

Can any1 plz advice me on taking which 4 options together would open which career paths...
Reply 1
Original post by Chocolate2014
Hello friends... I am very stressed out about making the right choice about A levels!
I want to do
Biology
Art

and am confused between which 2 options to pick out of psychology, chemistry and geography.

Can any1 plz advice me on taking which 4 options together would open which career paths...

Do you have a career path in mind?

Having Biology and Chemistry opens your options up to a science-based degree.
Psychology is seen as more of a 'soft' subject, but would probably go well with the sciences.

Geography would be allowing you into subjects such as Geology or Geography.

If I were you, I'd definitely take Bio, Chem and Art, the last option is trickier to decide.
They'd go well together, and would allow you to take most science degrees.

It's up to you, obviously, so just have a think about what sort of careers you'd be interested in :smile:
I want to do
Biology
Art

I agree with Neuth. I would take Chemistry alongside the other two as you would be eligible for Medicine and the like and it keeps your options wide open. Would you consider mathematics?

Geography would also be excellent. I'd select that over Psychology but it's more down to what you find interesting and, well, like/enjoy!
Reply 3
Chesmitry would go well biology and open many doors to many paths..
if you then pick psychology it would go really well with them.
I would not advise to pick geography unless you enjoy it or have a career in mind with it but from you question i am assuming you are not sure what career path you want to go into.
There are also other subjects which do open many career paths too, such as maths, ICT, business, history :smile:
Original post by Zoelle
Chesmitry would go well biology and open many doors to many paths..
if you then pick psychology it would go really well with them.
I would not advise to pick geography unless you enjoy it or have a career in mind with it but from you question i am assuming you are not sure what career path you want to go into.
There are also other subjects which do open many career paths too, such as maths, ICT, business, history :smile:

I was interested in ICT but it clashed with my options. I am not interested in maths, business or history...
Original post by JayJay-C19
I agree with Neuth. I would take Chemistry alongside the other two as you would be eligible for Medicine and the like and it keeps your options wide open. Would you consider mathematics?

Geography would also be excellent. I'd select that over Psychology but it's more down to what you find interesting and, well, like/enjoy!

I am okay at Maths but I don't like it...
Reply 7

hmm do you have any career plans in mind?
I would say go with what you enjoy but also think about it in terms or what it means for the future, A-levels are a big choice in your life but they are not everything :smile:

Then don't do it so I'd say Geography!
Reply 9
chemistry if your taking biology bc biology alone is useless.
and take geography :smile:
I had the same problem, i knew i wanted to take 2 of my subjects but i wasn't sure about the other 2, in the end i decided Art, Geography, Maths & Chemistry. Alot of people have recommended geography to me & it would go really well with the sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank u so much to everyone who has replied to my thread so far :smile:
Psychology is definitely not a soft subject, anyone who has done it will tell you it's heavily content based and requires a lot of memory based revision! You either love it or hate it! I loved it, very interesting and good fun :smile: good luck with whatever you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest