The Student Room Group

Transfer into 2nd year for Mathematics and Physics BSc

I am thinking of going for open university as it is too late to apply to any of the university in UK. So my plan is to study first year at Open University and then transfer to any other uni in UK. My problem is that I have done International Baccalaureate with SL Math and HL Physics when most of the unis are requiring me to have HL Math with crazily high points. Is there any way/university where I would be accepted into the second year without problem? I think they're very strict when it comes to requirements right?
Original post by shad0wboss
I am thinking of going for open university as it is too late to apply to any of the university in UK. So my plan is to study first year at Open University and then transfer to any other uni in UK. My problem is that I have done International Baccalaureate with SL Math and HL Physics when most of the unis are requiring me to have HL Math with crazily high points. Is there any way/university where I would be accepted into the second year without problem? I think they're very strict when it comes to requirements right?

It isn't too late to apply to any university (except for a small handful and even they will often ignore their "no clearing spaces" for the right student.

If you haven't done HL maths though then I doubt anywhere would take you directly onto a maths degree. You would need to take a foundation year or take a gap year and do maths/fm A levels in addition to your IB
Reply 2
You could always do a foundation year in mathematics (as suggested by PQ) or physics.

I know Birmingham, Plymouth, Kent, Queens Mary, Durham and Liverpool offers it.
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
You could always do a foundation year in mathematics (as suggested by PQ) or physics.

I know Birmingham, Plymouth, Kent, Queens Mary, Durham and Liverpool offers it.

Prob is, I have wasted one year or rather a "gap year" and now i'll be doing a year at OU. So after a period of two years, a foundation year would be out of question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending