The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Anyone going to York?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jayjax
Ooo what town near hull? Im from just up the road in Bridlington.

Ooooh I used to live in Bridlington! :biggrin: I'm just across the bridge from Hull in Barton Upon Humber, it's a pretty small town so moving to a city should be interesting :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of York
York
Reply 21
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
Ooooh I used to live in Bridlington! :biggrin: I'm just across the bridge from Hull in Barton Upon Humber, it's a pretty small town so moving to a city should be interesting :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it will be. As youll know Brid is hardly the centre for culture and diversity haha. How long ago did you live here? We might have crossed paths?
Original post by Jayjax
Yea it will be. As youll know Brid is hardly the centre for culture and diversity haha. How long ago did you live here? We might have crossed paths?

Haha I do remember loving going to the pier though! I don't think we will have, I moved when I was 6 for my dad's job in Scunthorpe, so it's been 12 years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Haha I do remember loving going to the pier though! I don't think we will have, I moved when I was 6 for my dad's job in Scunthorpe, so it's been 12 years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah probably not then, ill be a few years older than you. Im going to feel so old in the dorms even though im only 21 haha.
Original post by Jayjax
Ah probably not then, ill be a few years older than you. Im going to feel so old in the dorms even though im only 21 haha.

Haha that's not old! I'm sure you'll be fine, what are you studying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I should be going to study electronic engineering if all goes well. Not decided on which college at all yet though
Reply 26
Original post by Photovoltaic
I should be going to study electronic engineering if all goes well. Not decided on which college at all yet though

Ohh wow very cool :smile: hope you get in :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Jayjax
It really is :smile: i was thinking of doing a big event for the premier of the last one where people could all get dressed up and we could go watching it at the cinema then go out after. Think its worth arranging?

gosh I would be soo down for that it sounds amazing :smile: deffo worth arranging :biggrin:
Hey, I am hoping to study Biochemistry at York this September! And hoping to apply to Alcuin for accommodation :smile:
Original post by gemmalm95
Aww cool we might cross paths then :smile: and yeah I don't blame you, I did Btec so I already know my results and same with self catering james college :smile:

Ah cool maybe, are you studying psychology too? You're so lucky you have your results already, the wait is awful! :redface: but yeah, maybe I'll see you in James :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Haha that's not old! I'm sure you'll be fine, what are you studying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Film and television production :smile: can't wait to start. What about you?
Reply 31
Original post by gemmalm95
gosh I would be soo down for that it sounds amazing :smile: deffo worth arranging :biggrin:

I'll get on it :tongue: think I could rock a platted beard to be fair haha.
Original post by Jayjax
Film and television production :smile: can't wait to start. What about you?

Hopefully psychology (if I get in) the course looks so good! Can't wait!! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hopefully psychology (if I get in) the course looks so good! Can't wait!! :biggrin:

Cool :smile: my brother does criminal psychology, looking at some of his work it seems hard but so interesting :tongue:

You looking forward to fresher's and everything? I was looking forward to not working for my first year but iv had a job offer that I can't pass up :tongue:
Original post by Jayjax
Cool :smile: my brother does criminal psychology, looking at some of his work it seems hard but so interesting :tongue:

You looking forward to fresher's and everything? I was looking forward to not working for my first year but iv had a job offer that I can't pass up :tongue:

Haha I'm not looking forward to the workload, but I am looking forward to going further with a subject I love. :smile:

Yeah fresher's should be good, you have any idea where you'll be living yet? I was planning on looking for a part time job myself, a bit of extra money can't hurt. :tongue:
Reply 35
Haha I'm not looking forward to the workload, but I am looking forward to going further with a subject I love. :smile:

Yeah fresher's should be good, you have any idea where you'll be living yet? I was planning on looking for a part time job myself, a bit of extra money can't hurt. :tongue:

Yea I fell lucky because my friends mum just opened a tourist attraction in York so offered me a job :smile:

I'm still trying to decide between all the colleges really. All iv decided is I want en suite haha. You?
Original post by Jayjax
Yea I fell lucky because my friends mum just opened a tourist attraction in York so offered me a job :smile:

I'm still trying to decide between all the colleges really. All iv decided is I want en suite haha. You?

Aha that is lucky! :tongue: I'm thinking James college, self-catering; it's close to the gym and pretty close to psychology, plus it's en suite. :smile:
Reply 37
Aha that is lucky! :tongue: I'm thinking James college, self-catering; it's close to the gym and pretty close to psychology, plus it's en suite. :smile:

Yea I liked the look of James. I was thinking of going hes west with my accommodation with being on hes east for my course. Mix it up a little haha. I'm going to sit and look at the colleges and videos for a while before the 6th of next month. Yea got to be self catered for me too.
Original post by Jayjax
Yea I liked the look of James. I was thinking of going hes west with my accommodation with being on hes east for my course. Mix it up a little haha. I'm going to sit and look at the colleges and videos for a while before the 6th of next month. Yea got to be self catered for me too.

Haha I like the idea of being able to roll out of bed 10 minutes before lecture and probably still make it on time I guess. :tongue: But yeah it's a good idea to do your research :smile: and I chose self-catered because then I can eat when I want rather than set meal times, also I can make sure I like what's on offer, also it's cheaper :colondollar:
Reply 39
Haha I like the idea of being able to roll out of bed 10 minutes before lecture and probably still make it on time I guess. :tongue: But yeah it's a good idea to do your research :smile: and I chose self-catered because then I can eat when I want rather than set meal times, also I can make sure I like what's on offer, also it's cheaper :colondollar:

Yea I would like the laziness factor too but I am unsure whether I would enjoy being in the same exact area most of the time. I'll see how energetic I feel when I apply and I'll take it as a sign haha. You ever been out in York?

Quick Reply

Latest