The Student Room Group

As Islam is a religion of peace - which muslim country would you liek to live in ?

Which muslim country would you like to live in and why ?

Scroll to see replies

Dubai or iran great culture, food and weather

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Most Muslim countries are led by corrupt leaders who aren't exactly Islamic, as in, they go against a lot of Islamic teachings and a lot of communities are screwed up culturally.

But anyways, me being an Iranian who visits Iran every year and had lived there as a child, and having visited Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Dubai (airport lol), I would choose Iran because
-iranian food
-some iranian people are really cool, muslim or non-muslim
-women can drive unlike in some arab countries
-farsi language is much easier than arabic imo
-some nice holy shrines
-a majority of Shia Muslims
-no wars going on atm thankfully
-cats, a lot of them
-transgender people can undergo sex reassignment while the government can pay like 50% of the procedure for you, and generally the biological science and research of iran is probably maybe more lenient and open than other islamic countires e.g. they allow animal cloning experiments which may not be allowed if you ask other clerics i dunno
-there are private universities and free government funded ones

those are the only positives and they also go hand in hand with many many negatives like really terrible propaganda on iranian tv, terrible government, terrible economy, censorship of internet and media, obligatory ''islamic'' dress code for women in public etc. etc.

but yeah come to iran :smile: :smile: :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheMoho
Most Muslim countries are led by corrupt leaders who aren't exactly Islamic, as in, they go against a lot of Islamic teachings and a lot of communities are screwed up culturally.

But anyways, me being an Iranian who visits Iran every year and had lived there as a child, and having visited Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Dubai (airport lol), I would choose Iran because
-iranian food
-some iranian people are really cool, muslim or non-muslim
-women can drive unlike in some arab countries
-farsi language is much easier than arabic imo
-some nice holy shrines
-a majority of Shia Muslims
-no wars going on atm thankfully
-cats, a lot of them
-transgender people can undergo sex reassignment while the government can pay like 50% of the procedure for you, and generally the biological science and research of iran is probably maybe more lenient and open than other islamic countires e.g. they allow animal cloning experiments which may not be allowed if you ask other clerics i dunno
-there are private universities and free government funded ones

those are the only positives and they also go hand in hand with many many negatives like really terrible propaganda on iranian tv, terrible government, terrible economy, censorship of internet and media, obligatory ''islamic'' dress code for women in public etc. etc.

but yeah come to iran :smile: :smile: :smile:

Iran more 'lenient'? Are you having a laugh? Between 4,000 and 6,000 people were executed in Iran during the last 30 years because of their sexuality. That, to me, does not seem lenient at all.

Original post by Baldness
Which muslim country would you like to live in and why ?

OP, in response to your question, I have no desire to live in any Muslim country, though if I was forced to choose I would pick the UAE (and would only feel comfortable living in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai). The UAE seems to be the least extreme Muslim country there is, and I doubt I would have to fear for my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by TheTechN1304
Iran more 'lenient'? Are you having a laugh? Between 4,000 and 6,000 people were executed in Iran during the last 30 years because of their sexuality. That, to me, does not seem lenient at all.

OP, in response to your question, I have no desire to live in any Muslim country, though if I was forced to choose I would pick the UAE (and would only feel comfortable living in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai). The UAE seems to be the least extreme Muslim country there is, and I doubt I would have to fear for my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry i don't remember saying they were lenient towards homosexuals. They are not. I never claimed they were. I said they are suprisingly lenient towards biological scientific research when it comes to cloning and all that stuff, considering the fact that they are an Islamic country.

bye
Reply 5
I think it would be Bosnia and Hertzegovina for me.
Original post by TheMoho
Sorry i don't remember saying they were lenient towards homosexuals. They are not. I never claimed they were. I said they are suprisingly lenient towards biological scientific research when it comes to cloning and all that stuff, considering the fact that they are an Islamic country.

bye

Oh sorry, because that makes it all the better *rolls eyes*
Reply 7
Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say Iran, same reasons as TheMoho stated except I am not Iranian.
Reply 8
Original post by TheTechN1304
Oh sorry, because that makes it all the better *rolls eyes*

I didn't say it makes it better. And i'm not trying to make it sound better ugh chill
*rolls eyes*

You hadn't read my post properly and I was assuring you of my prior knowledge and awareness of the fact that you were teaching me.

I'm fully aware of the poop going on in iran. Don't try to educate me about the **** that's going on in my own country. I'm fully aware. thank you
Reply 9
To be really honest, all the Muslim countries have corruptedGovt/political system and their leaders are not exactly Muslim, but they're just called 'Muslim' and do all sorts of stuff that go against the religion. To answer your question, maybe i'd give a try on Kuwait for reasons that i'm not sure either and it doesn't seem as corrupted as the nearby countries, correct me if i'm wrong :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Would rather live in moldova.
Anywhere except Iran
Original post by Rian7
To be really honest, all the Muslim countries have leaders who are corrupted and their leaders are not exactly Muslim, but they're just called 'Muslim' and do all sorts of stuff that go against the religion. To answer your question, maybe i'd give a try on Kuwait for reasons that i'm not sure either and it doesn't seem as corrupted as the nearby countries, correct me if i'm wrong :biggrin:

No true scotsman eh? Who are you to judge?
Reply 13
Original post by arkhamz
No true scotsman eh? Who are you to judge?

I'm not judging anyone, i'm stating something that i believe it's true and i think people who commented before me agree on this too.. The political system of some countries are very much corrupted, and the leaders were and are always fighting over who should be the leader of the Arab world. :doh::doh:
Don't know if Turkey really counts as an Islamic country... But I'd love to live there! :tongue:
Dubai or Turkey. Muslims in Dubai are a lot nicer.
Is Muslim majority sufficient, or does it have to be an actual Islamic state/Islam as a state religion?

Muslim majority places, I'd probably take the Turkish-occupied bit of Cyprus if I could, and if not, Bosnia or mainland Turkey.

Somewhere with state Islam, probably Malaysia or The Maldives.
As a Pakistani who has lived in Pakistan for 20+ years I would love to resume living there inspite of its shortcomings.
Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.
Reply 19
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.

:lol: Why's that? The Filipinos that I've met in Jordan tended to be very friendly, well-spoken and easy-going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending