The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fizzel

Because they would like to remove an ally of both Russia and Iran, and replace it with a malleable fledgling democracy.

But why Syria? There are plenty other countries such as North Korea where they could have done this, why dont they do the same with North Korea?
I've dug myself a hole by responding to this stupid thread but whatever. Further to my previous comments; no, simply no. As I mentioned previously, ISIS's continued existence hangs on a thread as just a bit of American money will tip the tribal sheikh's against them, which combined with coordinated air power will make swift work. Other extremist groups will be aware of this and won't congregate there, and the intelligence services will be aware of that, so the premise of the story makes no sense. It's a weird thing to make up but there you go.
Reply 22
Original post by Unkempt_One
I've dug myself a hole by responding to this stupid thread but whatever. Further to my previous comments; no, simply no. As I mentioned previously, ISIS's continued existence hangs on a thread as just a bit of American money will tip the tribal sheikh's against them, which combined with coordinated air power will make swift work. Other extremist groups will be aware of this and won't congregate there, and the intelligence services will be aware of that, so the premise of the story makes no sense. It's a weird thing to make up but there you go.

What do you mean? ISIS was only created to destabilize the region, which it has already done, to make it Easier for the Israeli Military to take control and also gives them an excuse. "The only solution for the protection of the Jewish state "is to create an enemy near its borders".
Original post by aka r
What do you mean? ISIS was only created to destabilize the region, which it has already done, to make it Easier for the Israeli Military to take control and also gives them an excuse

What do you think Israel will do with all that land? Make sandcastles?
That is a story about a bombing nothing to do with expansion unless you are talking about something which happening in 1967.

Original post by aka r
Who's aim is to reestablish the caliphate?
ISIS, now called the Islamic State. You can't do that without occupying that area.

Original post by aka r
But why Syria? There are plenty other countries such as North Korea where they could have done this, why dont they do the same with North Korea?
North Korea is not an ally of either in the same way, plus the opportunity isn't there or I'm sure they would. Iraq aside, Iran is running out of friends, and Russia would lose a major naval base if Syria were to experience and Arab spring style change.
Reply 25
Original post by Unkempt_One
What do you think Israel will do with all that land? Make sandcastles?

build more settlements? like what they are doing in Palestine
Reply 26
Original post by Fizzel
That is a story about a bombing nothing to do with expansion unless you are talking about something which happening in 1967.

ISIS, now called the Islamic State. You can't do that without occupying that area.

North Korea is not an ally of either in the same way, plus the opportunity isn't there or I'm sure they would. Iraq aside, Iran is running out of friends, and Russia would lose a major naval base if Syria were to experience and Arab spring style change.

Yes the Islamic state that was created by CIA and the leader who was trained by Mossad, really islamic that is
Even still US and UK funding Syrian rebels to what? remove an ally of Russia and Iran? by killing thousands of civilians, why is it they only decided now to do this?
Original post by aka r
build more settlements? like what they are doing in Palestine

Even if they needed that much land to build settlements, which they don't, that's an enormous amount of trouble to go through just for a touch of lebensraum. Trying to invade that whole area could well force the entire west to turn against Israel; they're having difficulty enough as it is trying to invade Gaza without doing so. Anyway, the building of settlements in Gaza is a means to an end, slowly wiping out one of Israel's biggest current security threats.
Original post by de_monies
Tbf, the CIA only admitted quite recently that it had something to do with the Iranian coup d'état that they orchestrated, along with MI6

That's not the bit I'm querying. All the papers Snowden brought out with him are now a year old. So why are these papers being used to explain things after they've happened, but since the papers got stolen/liberated by Snowden? The people with access to these papers have the resources to look over them in far better time than they are seemingly doing.

All smacks a little of Nostradamus to me. I'm betting he papers don't actually tell us anything specific, but instead can be applied vaguely to generic events and people are now fitting news stories to them.
Original post by Drewski
That's not the bit I'm querying. All the papers Snowden brought out with him are now a year old. So why are these papers being used to explain things after they've happened, but since the papers got stolen/liberated by Snowden? The people with access to these papers have the resources to look over them in far better time than they are seemingly doing.

All smacks a little of Nostradamus to me. I'm betting he papers don't actually tell us anything specific, but instead can be applied vaguely to generic events and people are now fitting news stories to them.

Hmm that's a fair enough point, if they've already got those leaks...
I also heard the Jews called it ISIS to trick the Muslims into worshiping the traditional Egyptian gods, as opposed to all this Allah stuff

Original post by CryptoidAlien
Israeli Enrichment is good for palestine. Stop being so intolerant.

You Nazis confuse me. I always though it was "Muslim enrichment for Israel is good for the Jews" and that was a kind of ironic point because you think the Jews are promoting immigration, to destroy White people

:confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32

Until Snowden refute's the claim i believe it
Original post by aka r
Yes the Islamic state that was created by CIA and the leader who was trained by Mossad, really islamic that is
Your argument is circular. You've got two points neither with evidence and are using one to back up the other.

Even still US and UK funding Syrian rebels to what?
To achieve their aims. Removal of Assad, and his replacement with a more western friendly and malleable leader. For that to be achieved the rebels have to win.

remove an ally of Russia and Iran?
Yes thats why they have picked Syria to support the rebels instead of Egypt where they supported the government and now the military, where they already had a friendly power.

by killing thousands of civilians
Irrelevant, in the grand scheme of thing, no **** is given about some Syrian kids, anymore than they do kids being droned in the tribal area of Pakistan.

why is it they only decided now to do this?
You might remember events were triggered from within Syria, not outside. They didn't start the civil war. Once it started Syria became a point of interest not before, everyone was talking about Iran.
Original post by aka r
Until Snowden refute's the claim i believe it

So unless you don't hear Snowden say the "world isn't flat" you won't believe it's round?
Reply 35
Original post by Drewski
So unless you don't hear Snowden say the "world isn't flat" you won't believe it's round?

No, don't be daft, if it really is a lie, he would just refute it
Reply 36
Original post by aka r

So you've gone from, Snowden files say this to this is true unless Snowden says it's not... You have no evidence for this nor have you provided the files you keep referring to. This is all completely false.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aka r

But that's completely insane and entirely ignores the facts behind his involvement in the organisation. He would be the first to say that he has no idea about all the things being done. Do you really think he'll have encyclopedic knowledge of every single one of the documents he brought out? Are you really that dim?

He was a minor, low-level analyst in a 3rd party company. You're acting as though he's a Director involved in every single decision ever made by any of the agencies ever. There's no way on earth that a single person could know all that information.

There's no basis for any of your arguments in this pesky thing the rest of us like to call "reality".
Reply 38
Original post by Aj12
So you've gone from, Snowden files say this to this is true unless Snowden says it's not... You have no evidence for this nor have you provided the files you keep referring to. This is all completely false.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really care look at the middle east all the problems that have been caused has america and israels hand in it, when israel extends its borders we will see, not long now anyway
Original post by aka r
I don't really care look at the middle east all the problems that have been caused has america and israels hand in it, when israel extends its borders we will see, not long now anyway

And when they don't what will YOU do?

Latest

Trending

Trending